[APP] Swype beta on your SideKick 4G!!

Search This thread

shadowscott

Apr 29, 2011
Yes, something is VERY wrong.

The latest Swype BETA is 3.26

The weird thing is it LOOKS like the most recent one. It's just that the Version number is off... could that have something to do with the delete of the file in /system and the dalvik wipe?

Edit:
I just uninstalled swype beta and the installer via Link2SD and reinstalled, still version 1.0.3.5089. where would I see it say 3.26?

Last edited:

shadowscott

Apr 29, 2011
Library files in /system/lib libSwypeCore3.26

Speaking of which is it orange or blue?

Oddly enough I do not see the libSwypeCore file at all inside /system/lib

And what do you mean Orange or Blue? The fact that its not inside there kind of scares me, because I remember deleting it from there when i got rid of the one that came with the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just started using Swype again (I had been using SwiftKey X then decided to try Swype to see if I liked it), and after taking a look at the Swype beta vs. the preloaded Swype on the SK4G I couldn't resist trying to install the beta.

Here's how to do it:

1. Root your phone
    2. Install Titanium Backup
    3. Using Titanium Backup uninstall the preloaded version of Swype
    4. Using RootExplorer, ADB (good luck), or Android Commander, remove /system/lib/libSwypeCore<swype version>.so
    5. Boot into CWM and wipe dalvik cache
    6. Go to http://beta.swype.com/android/get and download Swype Installer, and install (on device)
    7. (You must have a Swype Beta account, which you can easily create here) Run Swype Installer, follow directions (pretty straight forward)
    And now you have Swype Beta!!

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS, I found the information here.

Screenshot:
    editedshot000021.png
    Thanks, going to do this right now! :D

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Thanks for the thread, and I don't mean to hijack..just trying to make it a little easier, because I had a problem using Titanium Backup's force uninstall feature.

1. Go to Google Play Store & download Link2SD (free)
    2. Run the app and search for "Swype" and long press Swype and hit "Uninstall".
    3. Go to Swype.com and proceed to install the beta as you normally would.

--END--

Hope I helped guys.
    Pretty cool, but what exactly is the difference between the beta and the default SK4G swype keyboard?
    I got the Beta working via JiN1337's method to force uninstall. Ti Backup was throwing a fit. :\
    Interesting the TiBu uninstal doesn't work for some of you... thanks for the fix JiN1337

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA