Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Search This thread

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
I put a thin plastic type screen protector on my screen.. Then put the case on my phone with the built in one. It gets the build in one close the the screen. Less noise touching it and also the applied to phone screen protector prevents the dust that gets under the built in one from scratching the screen.

The touch function still works very good..

Its double protection .

Erica, how is this holding up for you?

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
still works fine

Erica, how is this holding up for you?

I Do have to take the otter box cover off once every week or so to clean between the two.The Plastic one on the otter box is also quite scratched. My guess from things in my purse but the phone itself Still looks and works like new..
One more thing.. I have Dropped my phone several times with this case on it. :good::good:
I so hope this thing last a few more years . For what the thing cost im not upgrading anytime soon . Same with my note 10.1 tablet.

Good Luck

201reyes

Aug 27, 2006
I have gone from the UAG, to the Griffin, to the Otterbox Defender. I don't recommend the Griffin, it's too flimsy and poorly constructed. The UAG is great if you are phone in the pocket type person. IMO, the best of the 3 is the Otterbox Defender, it's like an upgraded UAG (screen protector/sturdy case).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
So I filled a warranty claim with otterbox this week for my galaxy note 2 commuter case and what i got instead was a defender? Does this usually happen? I prefer the commuter but the holster comes in handy. Then only gripe I have is the Damn screen protector and the volume keys. Seems like otterbox didn't fix the issue.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
Bucharest
Hi everybody. Great forum.
I also got a brand new Otterbox Defender from Ebay for my N7100. Genuine case as far as I can tell...
I modded the case so that I could slip in my 6400mAh Mugen battery.
Despite the fact that my mother, every time that I was calling on her home phone, said that she was like talking to herself because of the powerful echo...I was very happy with my case... until last night... when I checked this forum....you got the picture.... and found out that Mom was RIGHT.
I don't recall anybody else telling me about this echo... but maybe they just didn't care, since these were mostly work-related contacts...
Last night I tried to do the fix that I got here on XDA, with two slices of ear bud foam...it involved a little bit of cursing here and there, but I managed to align the holes and to trim them with an electric solder for electronic parts. It is not observable and I will post in a few hours if this did fix the damn echo or not. Cheers.

UPDATE: Guys, I called many persons, including Mom and wife. ECHO IS OFF. I confirm that this fix is working. Cheers.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go ;)

ms1xua.jpg

wgpip.jpg

2vb6glv.jpg

34q683b.jpg

r0r34g.jpg

34611qu.jpg

2wdr0hy.jpg

nn86qg.jpg

4gm87.jpg

24zhh5s.jpg

x3wwm9.jpg

2tpp0.jpg
    I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages and I finally got my hands on the Otterbox Defender last night. It really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for. I personally like the look of the grey case but the wait for that is still about a month I believe.

Link - http://youtu.be/p7q4EWQfxPs?hd=1

Any questions or feedback are more than welcome
    DISCOVERY

Hey guys, hopefully Otterbox doesnt go through this website lol but anyways..

I was able to place an order for the Otterbox Defender case yesterday directly on their website.

If you go to their site, once the site with the case loads, you will see the add button on the page for a split second before it changes to Coming Soon message, if you click on Add in that split second, it will add it to your cart and you can check out, I placed the order yesterday and it was shipped out yesterday and I should have it on Wednesday of next week already according to FedEx.

Hope this helps for someone because I know that I am a happy camper right now lol
    Otterbox Defender in the car-dock

For everyone that decided to go for the Otterbox Defender we here at IBOLT are just finishing up the active car-dock designed for the Note II & with use of Otterbox cases in particular. See new images below how the gray case looks when in the Dock.
    I just picked up the case and the volume buttons do suck to press :mad: The silicone on the volume feel squishy but needs to be pushed all the way down to make the volume go up or down. I'm a bit disappointed cause the power button feels so perfect. Hopefully I get used to it because I do like the case.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Don't think it well get any better cause the silicone tabs on the inside just aren't long enough.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found a cheap solution for this issue. What I did was use some 3M stick tape (the stuff thats basically 2 sided tape but is Styrofoam) I cut a piece long enoug to cover the volume up and down on the inside of the rubber. I took the paper off that side so that it would stick but left the paper on the side that would make contact with the buttons. Put the case back on the phone and the volume buttons work effortlessly as the power button.

1355149889616.jpg

Nothing fancy but it fixes the problem.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............