Redirect to smartphonegirls.com

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    schaze said:
    Hi all,
    Since the last view days I randomly get redirected smartphonegirls.com when I am browsing to xda-developers forum with my android devices. It didn't really happen with my laptop yet so I don't know if catched smth like a virus or similar. However I truly doubt it as it happens with both my android devices and one of them was just freshly flashed.
    Does any one else have this problem as well?
    /schaze

I have never heard of this. Might be an app you have installed on the decices
    Yes, I can confirm this and I could do without it as well. Any way to stop it?
    Got the same site and done some investigation here. Identified 2 sites ( wetter24.de and epicfail.com) where this site pop ups.

I downloaded an useragent modifier for firefox and switched it to android. Then I use http header to see where the redirect will be done or which object is responsible for it. It looks like that google ads could be the reason, because the ads are dynamically and probably a js will be execute the redirect.

Unfortunately I can´t exactly identify the object and today I got the page again.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

BTW: The Company behind this, are known cheater. :D

Name: Simona Torre
    Organisation: Buongiorno Spa
    Adresse: Borgo Masnovo 2
    PLZ: 43100
    Land: IT

Tomorrow I´ll contact lookout. Maybe they can us help here.
    We are trying to track this down right now... It appears difficult to reproduce though.

Is this over wifi or 3G? What provider do you have as well?

I never had it via 3G yet, but I mostly (>90%) use WiFi so I can't really rule that out.
    Provider would be Vodafone Germany.

At least for me it only occures with my Android devices - I never experienced it with my Laptop (running Linux Mint 12 with latest FF version from repos 10.0.2)

On Android I have
    • SGSII with CheckROM RevoHD v6 & RedPill Kernel Rev1.3 (GB)
    • Acer Iconia A500 with Taboonay 3.1 ROM (ICS)

It happened with both devices so far. On the Acer it was actually when only had very few apps installed (which I don't think might be responsible for it as I used them since a long time)

What I also suspect is that it only happens when I am not logged in to the site. At least it never happened to me so far when I was logged in.

I hope this helps a bit. If there is anything you would like me to test, please let me know. I am happy to assist in any way I can.

/schaze
    It just happened again.

Here is what I did (using WiFi)
    1. searched in google search for xda developers
    2. clicked on the result which actually leads to xda developers forum
    3. wait until the site loads completely
    4. just before it is finished loading the redirect occurs and I can see the sie with the FSK18 (thats an age classification - means you need to be 18 to see the content ...bla bla..9 red symbol warning

see attached screenshot.

my redicect actually goes to:[nourl]http://cat.m.smartphonegirls.de/wwf-splashTool/SEO/iGirls_wap_fsk18_kw14_16?transaction_id=10396fe92e93a57bca7eb007875b4e&path=SPOQ[/nourl]