This or Atrix HD?

Search This thread

Encrator

Mar 25, 2011
I have my upgrade today and I am deciding between these two. Im leaning toward the Ion

Most reviewers knock the Ion for the S3 processor and GIngerbread

While The S3 can't be dealt with, I KNOW ICS is already certified and coming

One main thing that concerns me is the camera: Is there a big difference between the two? Big enough to dump the S4 processor in the Atrix for the S3 in the ion?

Thanks

justdrew

Nov 29, 2009
I have my upgrade today and I am deciding between these two. Im leaning toward the Ion

Most reviewers knock the Ion for the S3 processor and GIngerbread

While The S3 can't be dealt with, I KNOW ICS is already certified and coming

One main thing that concerns me is the camera: Is there a big difference between the two? Big enough to dump the S4 processor in the Atrix for the S3 in the ion?

Thanks

camera on atrix is nowhere near the ION , real world s3 vs s4 is not a huge difference in performance. ICS makes that even less.

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
Just one more thing to add to this the Atrix HD doesn't have a FM radio and doesn't have NFC either.

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
The AtrixHD also only has half the built-in storage.

Sent from my Xperia ION using xda premium

D

Deleted member 1483200

I like UI on Sony more. I had the old Atrix and wouldn't want new one. Motorola was slow with updates as well. But Atrix may have better dev community

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion

Reactions: lokenok

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
This comming from an Atrix HD owner.

There is basicly no Dev community except for me and two others.
If you want a phone you can flash, root and hack then stick with Sony, HTC One X, or SGS3.
Honestly the HD bootloader will never be unlocked. I came from an Atrix 2 and they still have yet to see ICS.
They have root, but its useless cause we cant flash firmwares or kernels.

The Atrix HD has no root. Motorola spent the time to eliminate EVERY exploit. Signature checks are so anal that if you tryed to flash over a root with recovery, you'd at best stick your phone in a bootloop and the battery cannot be removed.

The only good thing is that the phone is fast and it has ICS and it's pretty stock looking.

Sony has way more features, a better dev community.
At the cost of the s3 (even though its as good as the s4, the s4 will outperform with future developments and has less battery draw)

Honestly, stick with the Sony.

at first I hated the Atrix HD, but its teaching me a lot about the Android operating system. I can root just about any ICS phone unless its a Motorola Atrix HD
another thing to hate about the Atrix HD was that they removed Webtop OS so the phone can no longer be used with any of the Lapdocks. Which sucked for me since I had one. Sold it to a friend for $60 bucks.

Sony. Stick with it.

Reactions: KEB64 and jeriku

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This comming from an Atrix HD owner.

There is basicly no Dev community except for me and two others.
    If you want a phone you can flash, root and hack then stick with Sony, HTC One X, or SGS3.
    Honestly the HD bootloader will never be unlocked. I came from an Atrix 2 and they still have yet to see ICS.
    They have root, but its useless cause we cant flash firmwares or kernels.

The Atrix HD has no root. Motorola spent the time to eliminate EVERY exploit. Signature checks are so anal that if you tryed to flash over a root with recovery, you'd at best stick your phone in a bootloop and the battery cannot be removed.

The only good thing is that the phone is fast and it has ICS and it's pretty stock looking.

Sony has way more features, a better dev community.
    At the cost of the s3 (even though its as good as the s4, the s4 will outperform with future developments and has less battery draw)

Honestly, stick with the Sony.

at first I hated the Atrix HD, but its teaching me a lot about the Android operating system. I can root just about any ICS phone unless its a Motorola Atrix HD
    another thing to hate about the Atrix HD was that they removed Webtop OS so the phone can no longer be used with any of the Lapdocks. Which sucked for me since I had one. Sold it to a friend for $60 bucks.

Sony. Stick with it.
    D
    Deleted member 1483200
    I like UI on Sony more. I had the old Atrix and wouldn't want new one. Motorola was slow with updates as well. But Atrix may have better dev community

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion