[ROM][Myth Team][No more Support] Last Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

benna

Jun 5, 2012
Myth 2 or 3?

Stop wasting comment space just for that. Give him the thank and avoid useless posts.

Sorry abought the +1 comment.

This Last Myth...is it a new rom? To me it looks like myth 2 with a theme........correct me if I am wrong but this rom is sloooow.....
Is this rom better than Myth 2, because with scripts and tweaks myth 2 seems better for me.... I dont want to be negative DK, its just what I think. I ALWAYS went back to Myth2, not sure if I will go back to myth3 after trying a new rom.
Please comment and tell me what you guys think.

eJEii

Sep 27, 2011
Philippines
Re: [ROM][Myth Team] Last Myth

What scripts/tweaks you use all in all sir? Thanks for the info in advance

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

[N]ano®

Apr 15, 2012
can anyone take a picture of your phone playing music for me?? :eek: 'cause when i use the myth 2. It was a stock ROM, it couldn't read the "m4a" music format, all the tags went wrong. I love this ROM and I wanna use it, but without my music??? Oh, no! When I use other Cyanogen mods, i don't know how ('cause i'm no developer) although the android version is still 2.3.x but Cyanogen mods CAN play "m4a" format. All the tags was right. Can anybody tell me why??? I tried to use Google Play Music and Player Pro and so on... to play music when I'm using the myth, or any other stock ROMs but that didn't work. :eek:
btw, can anyone tell me th android version of this Myth? Is it still 2.3.x??? :cyclops:

sax0406

Jan 21, 2012
can anyone take a picture of your phone playing music for me?? :eek: 'cause when i use the myth 2. It was a stock ROM, it couldn't read the "m4a" music format, all the tags went wrong. I love this ROM and I wanna use it, but without my music??? Oh, no! When I use other Cyanogen mods, i don't know how ('cause i'm no developer) although the android version is still 2.3.x but Cyanogen mods CAN play "m4a" format. All the tags was right. Can anybody tell me why??? I tried to use Google Play Music and Player Pro and so on... to play music when I'm using the myth, or any other stock ROMs but that didn't work. :eek:
btw, can anyone tell me th android version of this Myth? Is it still 2.3.x??? :cyclops:

You can use poweramp music player, it plays m4a formats also.. This is based on the stock version so it's still 2.3.x..

[N]ano®

Apr 15, 2012
You can use poweramp music player, it plays m4a formats also.. This is based on the stock version so it's still 2.3.x..

no... you don't understand. ALL music players CAN play m4a music files (except the stock one). But they read all the tags wrong... now i'm using a CM so I cannot give you screenshots. But really, the tags are wrong. For instant, i have a file named "01 It Will Rain.m4a". If I use a CM ROM, when I go to my music, the song's name will be "It Will Rain" and the artist will be "Bruno Mars". But if I use some stock ROMs, when i go to my music, the song's name will be "01 It Will Rain". You see? The song name is exactly like the file name and the artist will be "Unknown". So it's kind of annoying. I love stock ROMs 'cause they're stable and don't drain battery fast but this... I can't use them :silly:

Last edited:

sax0406

Jan 21, 2012
no... you don't understand. ALL music players CAN play m4a music files (except the stock one). But they read all the tags wrong... now i'm using a CM so I cannot give you screenshots. But really, the tags are wrong. For instant, i have a file named "01 It Will Rain.m4a". If I use a CM ROM, when I go to my music, the song's name will be "It Will Rain" and the artist will be "Bruno Mars". But if I use some stock ROMs, when i go to my music, the song's name will be "01 It Will Rain". You see? The song name is exactly like the file name and the artist will be "Unknown". So it's kind of annoying. I love stock ROMs 'cause they're stable and don't drain battery fast but this... I can't use them :silly:

I'm using poweramp right now and it is reading the tags for m4a songs fine..

eJEii

Sep 27, 2011
Philippines

Tested it for days now but I'm having a ba battery life. Staying like 1-2 hrs on 3g use. Done callibrating and stuffs. Did I do something wrong on the process? What kernel do you guys use? I really like the myth series. Pls help me.

Ps. Im on myth3 with silk mod.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Reactions: md90

[N]ano®

Apr 15, 2012
guys, what is "seeder" app for?? I tried enabling it but I can't notice any difference... and um... this ROM's battery life is not as good as the 2nd one. Anything I can do to improve the battery life?? Man, I prefer this orange theme than the green one and further more the analog clock widget in this ROM is more beautiful than the old one :(

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found

guys, what is "seeder" app for?? I tried enabling it but I can't notice any difference... and um... this ROM's battery life is not as good as the 2nd one. Anything I can do to improve the battery life?? Man, I prefer this orange theme than the green one and further more the analog clock widget in this ROM is more beautiful than the old one :(

I agree
Seeder app is, according to the app developer, is going to make your rom fasster. But its pathetic and does not to do anything, because what the seeder does, android system already does. It has been proved to be a placebo by great devs
Ya, agreed on the battery life, its really mediocre. Nothing much you can do about it. If it wasn't for the theme and the analog clock in the new one, I would have switched back to 2. We think alike it seems :p

le random signature o.o

[N]ano®

Apr 15, 2012
I agree
Seeder app is, according to the app developer, is going to make your rom fasster. But its pathetic and does not to do anything, because what the seeder does, android system already does. It has been proved to be a placebo by great devs
Ya, agreed on the battery life, its really mediocre. Nothing much you can do about it. If it wasn't for the theme and the analog clock in the new one, I would have switched back to 2. We think alike it seems :p

le random signature o.o

yes! The battery is really bad. I was shocked. It feels just like when I'm using CM9,10,10.1 ROMs lol. But what is the main reason for this pity for exactly? Because the status bar is white instead of black like The Myth 2?? I have read in somewhere about how black theme and wallpaper comsume less power than other colors and... I don't know if this can explain why the battery life is so bad in this ROM :eek:

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
I have no idea, but i think its caused by the colour scheme. White colour means the display is going to drink more battery juice. Display colours do play a role in battery consumption

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
A myth... on the Myth!

Displayed colour, black or withe, in the ACE's display doesn't bring any difference in power consumption. The ACE' display is LCD, NOT "whateverLED" type, and actually -it may seems strange- the power consuption is slight more with dark images than with full withe images (with the same backlight). The only way for the Ace's screen to consume less power is the dynamic backlight adjustment (it does NOT have this ability) automatically decreasing the backlight intensity when displayed images are dark. Then, the myth dark image (on the ACE)=less power consumption is only... a myth! For sure, in the ACE S5830, with white or black images, the required battery power depends ONLY on the backlight intensity. Regards!

Reactions: Prawesome

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Displayed colour, black or withe, in the ACE's display doesn't bring any difference in power consumption. The ACE' display is LCD, NOT "whateverLED" type, and actually -it may seems strange- the power consuption is slight more with dark images than with full withe images (with the same backlight). The only way for the Ace's screen to consume less power is the dynamic backlight adjustment (it does NOT have this ability) automatically decreasing the backlight intensity when displayed images are dark. Then, the myth dark image (on the ACE)=less power consumption is only... a myth! For sure, in the ACE S5830, with white or black images, the required battery power depends ONLY on the backlight intensity. Regards!

Yeah! That's OK!

I think the battery drain is caused by the highly themed layouts and schemes, STOCK GB themes (as Stocklite) and Bareboned ROM( without a lot of proceses running in the background) are better to save battery and I agree with orsonbear, so reducing the backlight intensity is the best way to save power ;) you can reduce it more with a terminal emulator than Settings allow you ;)

[N]ano®

Apr 15, 2012

How can I reduce the backlight intensity? I have no idea what that means. Does it mean... decreasing the brightness???
And if I calibrate my battery, will there be any improvement???

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
Power consumption depends vastly, as Viper said, also by the rom. A bareboned stock or custom rom, cleaned from bloatware and other useless software eating cpu power is the best on the power consumption side. Then, lowering the cpu clock, mantaining as low as possible the display brightness, avoiding not essential app running in the background, turning off the devices not in use as wifi or bluetooth, all this an other things can help to mantain low the battery drain. But each rom requires different strategy and each user has a personal taste in using phone: power consumption saving is a weird science!

Reactions: Prawesome

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
How can I reduce the backlight intensity? I have no idea what that means. Does it mean... decreasing the brightness???
And if I calibrate my battery, will there be any improvement???

Yes, descreasing brightness ;)
and In my opinion to calibrate the battery won't increase its length, but you'll see that your battery is spent homogeneously, and you'll noticed that .
...and about how to... I always install a Terminal Emulator in every Rom I try and I tip it to help to save power:

Power off menu and back buttons
Code:
su
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

Decrease screen brightness
Code:
su
echo 15 > /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness

Last edited:

soya88

Jun 18, 2012
malaysia
thanx viper for Decrease screen brightness by terminal emulator.
but if i want to turn it back to normal, so how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: If you want support from us, just go to this thread and post ur questions there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2163683
    =============================
    Hi,

We - The Myth Team - will introduce our new generation of Myth Rom. This version is called with the code name : "Last Myth"
    This will be our final version for Galaxy Ace. We know that our loyalty users will be sad or maybe something like that when we announce about this.
    But it seems that we cannot have enough time for continuing this project anymore so we tried to finish the last version for all users who followed us from the beginning day. It has been 1 year since the 1st version was introduced. Without ur support, we cannot do anything. So we want to say:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING THE MYTH AND SUPPORTING US.

The Myth Team

===================================================
    A - FEATURES

- New Myth UI
    - Larger Internal Storage
    - Fast, Modern & Simple
    - More features are waiting for you to discover...

HOW TO INSTALL
    The correct steps are:
    - Create ext4 partition (cwm > advance > partition)
    - Do a full wipe
    - Flash

B - SCREENSHOTS

V9Dy.png

V9DO.png

V9DY.png

C- DOWNLOAD

MOD EDIT

CREDITS
    - The Myth Team: pinksky, pearl.kami, devilsking (me ^^)
    - Teamcooper
    - Myth Testing Group: Mohamed Shareef, thajbjnhbay, Ersel Uysal, Damiian Cruz, botot_tin
    - Ketut.kamaya, wilsongis, amarullz, Achep.
    - Tof37 for Screenshot Option
    - MIUI Team

===================================================

IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE MYTH 2:

Myth 2 is moved to 2nd post. Plz scroll down :) or visit our website: www.themythteam.com
    1339250463.jpg

INFORMATION
    - Code name: Go Green
    - Use DDKQ8 & XWKTM as based stock rom
    - Support Myth Updater
    - Supported 50 languages
    - Enabled CRT Off
    - BLN support
    - CFrootB84-fixed by ketut
    - Swap pre-enabled
    - Myth 2 theme
    - Full android 4.0 layout
    - 6 toggles in notification bar
    - Myth2 script (based on slaid480's script)
    - Option to choose launcher while installing: MiHome/Hololauncher/TW
    - Modded touchwiz3 - semi transparent appdrawer, indicator in bottom, list view enabled,...
    - Removed some apps in system for free storage
    - New Roboto font
    - Full ICS transition animation
    - New bootanimation
    - Updated Google Play
    - Updated Google Quick Search Box
    - Updated Voice Search
    - Updated Google Maps
    - Updated icons
    - Flash 11 (modded) is compatible (download from Extra Tool & App section)
    - any many other features...

CREDIT:
    - The Myth Team: pinksky, pearl.kami, devilsking (me ^^), CoolCatGethome (Spacecakers)
    - Teamcooper: Slaid480, music.soul, shaan, prawesome, emoboiix3
    - Testing Group: Mohamed Shareef, thajbjnhbay, Ersel Uysal, Damiian Cruz, botot_tin
    - Ketut.kamaya, wilsongis, amarullz, Achep.
    -Tof37 for Screenshot Option
    - MIUI Team

If I missed anyone, feel free to contact me then I will add credit for you.

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.themythace.com/the-myth-2.html

INSTALLATION GUIDE
    http://www.themythace.com/9835-install.html

EXTRA BOOTANIMATION
    http://www.themythace.com/9835-bootanimation.html

Official bootanimation in Myth 2:

SCREENSHOTS
    These screenshots below is myth 2 with MiHome, U can have option to choose hololauncher/twlauncher while installing. I dont have time to capture all of these launcher so Plz dont ask for screenshots with these 2 launcher

SCREENSHOT - CLICK HERE TO GO TO SCREENSHOT SECTION IN OUR WEBSITE

NOTE:
    For who doesnt satisfy with ram management: You can remove S96Myth2 in /system/etc/init.d and use another script. Besides you also can combine with other tweak such as adrealine...etc. It's up to u :D Enjoy!!!

Video preview from users, thank to Koogly : http://youtu.be/7OBILPDxAxE
    That's a lie! You politicians always promise and never give >_<

WE. WANT. MYTH 3.

Are u sure that we will never give? :p

I am on Democracy final edition CM7 and not on Myth2 for 2 reasons.
    1: stock roms cant change LCD DPI. I love it on 145 and not standard 160. (on stock phone app doesnt work)
    2: On democracy final edition, my GPS is AWSUM. it locks so so fast on my location with nou network location support. I love it.

So please make myth3 be able to adjust lcd dpi. please. or release a 145 dpi edition, hehe.

btw, you said release in 3-4 days, it went to 3-4 weeks, months, will we see myth3 in 4 years?

What is taking so long, are you maaking it super awsum?? hehe. please keep working. love u guys

It dues to many different reasons. :eek: the 1st time when I said I will release an update in 3-4 days but I didnt becoz I dont feel it's good enough for users :p then I tried to do more and more. Then it's time for thinking about new version :D Beginning with new one is not easy and it's time consuming (at least for me). I always expect the highest quality so I cant release any rom with any unfinished/incompleted parts. Not like many devs here, they releases rom as soon as possible and then fix if it has bugs. Even some devs can ask for tester to test their rom becoz they dont have devices. Mine ideas are different :) I wanna test my work first and must ensure it's stable enough for users, I dont want to risk users' devices. That's why u can see many users come back here after trying some other roms and I always welcome them :cowboy:.
    Last but not least, u can keep waiting or trying other roms. It's your choice. I wont force anyone to wait :) I understand ur needs/wants but I still hope u can understand my idea (of course forget my grammar mistakes above) :p
    Anw, thank for your cooperation!

DK
    never asked for an eta bt this tym really xcitedd!!WENS THE BIG THING GOING TO BE RELEASEDD!!!!

We're working hard to make myth better, u know :) it will be released when it's ready because we dont want bring a bug rom for users. We aims to quality, not quantity :) So plz keep waiting and support us ^^

i hate stock roms ! why don't you use cyanogenmod as a base

I love stock and dont like cm7 :)