[Driver] Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU ICS Flashable Update {UnSigned}

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Adreno GPU update is ONLY designed to work on Qualcomm S3 ARM7 Devices running ICS.

Greetings, I have been on XDA for a long time and I hope that you all can benefit from this patch as we have over at the Amaze Forums. Here is a link to my Original Thread and evidence of this patch's success for our Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU devices running ICS.

We have proven that this driver Patch has doubled our GPU throughput for 2D and 3D rendering.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631223

I have only tested this on my T-Mobile HTC Amaze (Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU) and have not experienced any issues.

I have created this Recovery Flashable Patch to Install the Qualcomm Updated Adreno Drivers on the "Official Ruby ICS" release.

Qualcomm Developers Website

I did not get a screenshot of the results before flashing this, however I have seen dramatically improved result on my Quadrant 3D scores with "Force 2D GPU rendering" UNCHECKED in the Setting->Develop Options Menu of this ICS Release. With this option checked I have seen improvements on both 2D and 3D. Although results are slightly degraded for 3D from post update the 2D results have doubled in value.

Quadrant results were obtained immediately after restart to avoid any other processes interfering with the results.

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering NOT checked.
    attachment.php

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.
    attachment.php

If someone would post a screenshot of the before Quadrant result I would gladly add it to this post. Please only post results Immediately after restart for conformity.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Required
    Root Required

1. Pre Requisites fulfilled (Root) (ICS)
    2. Install "Adreno ICS Update" to the root of your SD Card
    3. Toggle Signature Verification in Recovery
    4. Install zip via Recovery
    5. Fix Permissions
    6. Reboot
    7. ENJOI!!!

Thank you dhkr234 for the flashable zip framework.

Please post any other tested configurations and I will add them for other community members reference.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, or how you execute, use this at your own risk!
    Yes, and I suspected that the GPU voltage might have increased to allow more frequency.

that is done at the kernel, and my kernels have changed gpu max clock for 3d from 266 (htc spec) to 320 (qualcomm whitepaper spec)

2d is 200 vs 266
    Downloading

Thank you.

You are welcome. There is a thanks button in the OP.

Be sure and post your before and after results please.

Thank you,
    gjcamp
    What about battery life?

These drivers do not affect battery life.
    Yes, only for ICS. (Read the first Post)
    And no, it's not an official Release from HTC, it's ported from the HTC Amaze, but runs well on EVO 3D with ICS. (read the first Post too)

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL Adreno Driver! Not a PORT but official from the Qualcomm Development Website.

Check it out on the Qualcomm Development Website.

Thank you,
    gjcamp