[Q] New Z1 Straight Out Of The Box. Now What?

Search This thread

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Sorry to quote the whole thing..
1. U say flash any FTF - Any FTF or Stripped FTF of the same device model will do?
I said any ftf ending in 534, there are no stripped FTFs for 534 FTFs
2. If i flash Generic FTF then I wont be having Root and Recovery then How am i gonna install Dual Recovery?
Flashing ANY full FTF will mean you do not have root or recovery, but the point of flashing a 534 FTF is that you can directly install dual recovery onto it using the installer.bat. The installer can use a vulnerability with the 534 FW to obtain a root shell
Also i know its not related but can u suggest me.. My phone is unable to focus.. I was on AOSP ROMs from so long.. Now i flashed NUT Stock ROM 757 via Recovery and Everything is smooth and good except the Camera is not Focussing..
I read somewhere that if Running Camera Problems then downgrade to 534 and do the whole process and then Come to 757.. Is it true?
Also we need a Good Tutorial for Coming to AOSP from STOCK and Vise versa with proper links and Support can u do it? Because i have seen People who come to AOSP from Stock run into different types of problems, mostly the solution is Downgrading and Doing the whole process.. I know u have the knowledge to do that what say?

There are plenty of guides, I keep writing these posts about 3-4 times a day on average and sometimes upto 10 times a day.
Its up to the OPs of the guides and tutorials to update the instructions, the fact they are not being updated is a big issue.

Reactions: abbychauhan

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
There are plenty of guides, I keep writing these posts about 3-4 times a day on average and sometimes upto 10 times a day.
Its up to the OPs of the guides and tutorials to update the instructions, the fact they are not being updated is a big issue.

That's what i meant.. Most of the people Run into the same problems and ask the solution again and again for which dont u think wastage of time? As today i switched from AOSP from Stock and running into problems feeling like i dont know anything.. It would be batter if we have a tutorial so if someone face problems it can be directly pointed to the tutorial.. Well completely ur choice i am just giving suggestion.. Thanks for clearing up for me

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I read somewhere that if Running Camera Problems then downgrade to 534 and do the whole process and then Come to 757.. Is it true?
- Any Clue??

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
That's what i meant.. Most of the people Run into the same problems and ask the solution again and again for which dont u think wastage of time? As today i switched from AOSP from Stock and running into problems feeling like i dont know anything.. It would be batter if we have a tutorial so if someone face problems it can be directly pointed to the tutorial.. Well completely ur choice i am just giving suggestion.. Thanks for clearing up for me
No problems. Like I said, we should not start ANOTHER guide or tutorial thread, that is just going to add to the confusion. What should happen is that the original guide/tutorial threads need updating which has not happened for a long time. I wont create another thread for this.
- Any Clue??
Yes, but more likely just flashing a 757 kernel and clearing the data for the camera apps will work.

Reactions: abbychauhan

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
Yes, but more likely just flashing a 757 kernel and clearing the data for the camera apps will work.

Nope that didnt do.. I flashed Doomkernal v19 and then v21.. Didnt help then i flashed Advance Stock Kernal 757 that also didnt help
Then i flashed 757 stripped ftf of the Device model from Nut via flashtool that didnt helped either.. Any other suggestions?

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
reinstall the rom then

Ok i ll do that too.. Thanks man

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

reinstall the rom then

Dirty flashed the ROM again.. Still same problem.. I ll tell u exactly what is happening .. Camera unable to focus and when i half press the camera button then flash Starts bit it dont focus Remains blurry and when i full press the button it Hangs with Flash light on.. :(

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Did that too.. Still nothing.. When i went away from Stock to AOSP i was on 290 FW and now today i am trying to come back to Stock i am facing this problem

Did you back up your TA before unlocking the bootloader?

Then, flash a 290 FTF, relock the bootloader by restoring your TA, then upgrade.

290 was a 4.2 ROM I think, unlocking the bootloader on 4.2 resulted in that problem. The only way around it was to restore the TA, upgrade and then unlock the bootloader on a 4.3+ ROM

Reactions: frumpy

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
Did you back up your TA before unlocking the bootloader?

Then, flash a 290 FTF, relock the bootloader by restoring your TA, then upgrade.

290 was a 4.2 ROM I think, unlocking the bootloader on 4.2 resulted in that problem. The only way around it was to restore the TA, upgrade and then unlock the bootloader on a 4.3+ ROM

290 was 4.3 Rom from which the camera problem was solved for AOSP ROM. FW Earlier then 290 was breaking the camera.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I think this is why people gives this type of instructions before installing new ROMs..
You must install 4.2.2 with Root and CWM. If you don't come from 4.2.2 then
- Install Offical 4.2.2 Firmware. 6903 Firmware or 6902 firmware
- RootYour Device
- Install CWM
Copy my ROM on your Internal SD Card
Install My ROM with Wipe/Factory Reset
Turn Off Your Phone
Go in Flashmode and Install Original 4.4.2 [.757] Kernel for Xperia Z1 6903 or Xperia Z1 6902
Reboot your Phone

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
This is what you need to get to a 4.4 ROM with Root.

1) Flash any FTF file ending in 534 (Find files and instructions in the mega collection thread in the general section)
2) Install the latest dual recovery (Find files and instructions in the XZDR dual recovery in the cross device development section)
3) Install a pre rooted 4.4 ROM of your choice (Find files and instructions in the development section)

No need to root, no need to unlock the bootloader, hence also no need to back up the TA partition.

At the end of the process you will be on KitKat and rooted.

Here is my brand new video showing you step by step how to root and install the newest recovery on bootloader locked Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.4 based on [NUT]'s guide:

@gregbradley Could you add the video to your how to root post?

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
well try that then

EXCEPT, DO NOT USE THAT TOOL TO ROOT YOUR PHONE

its malware and send your IMEI number to an ip address in china

Ok man as i told u my camera was unable to Focus when i came back from AOSP to Stock ( I unlocked my Bootloader and went to AOSP ROMs when i was on 290 FW 4.3 and now want to come to 757 Stock ), i tried the following -
I directly flashed 757 from AOSP - No focus,
I did Downgrade to 534 - No focus,
Then i rooted the 534 and upgraded to 757 - No focus,
Then i flashed old 290 FW ROM - Camera is Focussing :)

So now i need ur suggestion, All i want 757 Stock Rooted ROM in which camera do Focus.

Edit : I want to tell that also I didn't faced any Focus problem on Any of the AOSP ROM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what you need to get to a 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 ROM with Root. For 4.4.4 look further down the post. This is for locked bootloaders.
    Code:
    For unlocked bootloaders on ANY FW just flash a custom kernel of your choice suitable for the FW you are on then install chainfires SuperSU either from the play store or from his website in a flashable zip (Google it)

1) Flash any FTF file ending in 534 (Find files and instructions in the mega collection thread in the general section)
    2) Install the latest dual recovery (Find files and instructions in the XZDR dual recovery in the cross device development section)
    3) Install a pre rooted 4.4 ROM of your choice (Find files and instructions in the development section)

No need to root, no need to unlock the bootloader, hence also no need to back up the TA partition.

At the end of the process you will be on KitKat and rooted.

Here is @shem2409 brand new video showing you step by step how to root and install the newest recovery on bootloader locked Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.4 based on [NUT]'s guide:

For 4.4.4 just update to 4.4.4 via PCCompanion or flashtool and then look at this
    http://prntscr.com/3zl4vx
    or this
    http://prntscr.com/4009mp
    If you do not install dual recovery then you will have to root the 534 firmware
    Installing dual recovery on 534 roots the firmware at the same time

You can flash any 534 FTF as long as its for your model of phone (C6902/3/6 etc), the SI number does not matter

As my instructions said at each step you will find files and instructions in the relevant threads, please follow them.
    Hi,

I flashed the FTF file ending in 534 but now my phone is just continuously rebooting, is this normal? How long does it take?

Thanks

It shouldn't bootloop

Make sure you picked the right 534 file
    it should be the same one for your phone

i.e. c6902 or c6903 or c6906

Just flash another one
    You already have it if (It may be called philz on your phone)

Just reboot and press volume up instead of volume down to go into Philz/CMW recovery
    Hi,
    I'm having some difficulty on flashing 0.757 using TWRP. I select the file and press flash but my phone just reboots.

Any ideas?

use CMW, press volume up on reboot to enter it