Poll: Fora or Forums, what say ye?

What plural form of forum do you use... Fora or Forums?

• Fora

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Forums

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
The correct way to to use forum in the plural sense is fora. However, language is dynamic and over time forums as come to be accepted by those who do not know better.

Proper English is fora

Broken/ghetto English is forums

However, In everyday speech either will work just the same

Also do I need to remind people that trolling new threads isn't allowed??????????

veeman

Apr 7, 2012
Minnesota
Forums is not broken or ghetto English as Mark claims. It is the proper plural noun of forum in English. Fora would be the correct plural noun in Latin. Both are 100% correct and you would be able to use either in a publication and you wouldn't be criticized.
A lot of words in English are borrowed from other languages and its parent language is disregarded. For example the plural of medium is media but the meaning of the word media has evolved.

Sent from my iPad Air using Windows 95

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
Forums is not broken or ghetto English as Mark claims. It is the proper plural noun of forum in English. Fora would be the correct plural noun in Latin. Both are 100% correct and you would be able to use either in a publication and you wouldn't be criticized.
A lot of words in English are borrowed from other languages and its parent language is disregarded. For example the plural of medium is media but the meaning of the word media has evolved.

Stop posting serious stuff bamboo. :|

D

Deleted member 5439257

Frodette

Haha.

Windows 95 is a while back! I'd love some iPad Air without iOS. Can you give me the instructions to install Windows 95 on an iPad?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Xperia E dual using XDA Premium 4 mobile app