Galaxy S III to be unvieled May 3rd?

Search This thread

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well if it does get launched before June (which looks to be the case) I'm selling this phone and getting the international version. The 4G speeds don't matter to me since I never get over 8mbps anyway. I'd rather have the phone that gets updates right away and has better rom development.

This!

But it all depends on what its hardware is. Mainly the screen. Im not gonna preorder or get it right away, and Im on Telus which is CDMA so im not sure if i need to get it from them or just get a CDMA version?

Quite looking forward to it though. If it has a nice high density screen and no weird lines and stuff it may be worth it. I dont care about the quad core part since im barely using the full dual on this one lol.

Devin5277

Mar 3, 2009
Been saving 50 bucks a month since November for my next phone. Will definitely be buying International unlocked from now on.. can't wait!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: relldroid

rakhan01

Aug 9, 2011
Jhelum
www.fonebuzz.net
show_img.html

Source: yahoo!
http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/ne...d=20120404105206739j6&linkid=4&newssetid=1352
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Well if it does get launched before June (which looks to be the case) I'm selling this phone and getting the international version. The 4G speeds don't matter to me since I never get over 8mbps anyway. I'd rather have the phone that gets updates right away and has better rom development.

Well actually the new version works on hspa+ (thank the processor) so I'm definitely going to sell, and buy an unlocked version.

Sent from one of my phones! Thank me.

real_khali

Feb 1, 2012
Orlando, FL
twitter.com
Then youre buying phones for the wrong reason.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

? How so?
I don't just buy phones. I have ONE phone.
I use my phone for everyday life. Call, text, browse, entertainment, utilities, education. Try out diff ROMs and themes.. SOooooo.
That was just my anger towards SAMSUNG and not having ICS yet on my Galaxy S II.
Don't take it so personal :eek:

Reactions: ragnarok12

skadude66

Feb 22, 2011
Montreal
? How so?
I don't just buy phones. I have ONE phone.
I use my phone for everyday life. Call, text, browse, entertainment, utilities, education. Try out diff ROMs and themes.. SOooooo.
That was just my anger towards SAMSUNG and not having ICS yet on my Galaxy S II.
Don't take it so personal :eek:
I don't think he's taking it personally, I think he is just saying that you shouldn't buy a phone for what is scheduled to come out for the phone, rather what is already on the phone in terms of software.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-T989D using xda premium

Reactions: iLeopard
K

Killbynature

Well actually the new version works on hspa+ (thank the processor) so I'm definitely going to sell, and buy an unlocked version.

Sent from one of my phones! Thank me.

That's the same with the original it was with at&t HSPA +.
We might be in the same boat since tmobile uses 1700 and 2100 bands.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
That human interaction thing looks like software. Think we may see that on out device? I doubt it would be that accurate though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Yeah those things are usually gimmick first and functionality later.

I'm also thinking there is a lot of hype behind the device but really a 4.7 inch screen is going to be hard to handle. I like how the Galaxy nexus is longer than wider. Galaxy s II tend to be wide. The five row column tells me that this is going to be a huge phone. I may be wrong though.

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
I don't think he's taking it personally, I think he is just saying that you shouldn't buy a phone for what is scheduled to come out for the phone, rather what is already on the phone in terms of software.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-T989D using xda premium

It's hard not to use a scheduled OS update as a purchasing point when the carrier uses it as a selling point.

K

Killbynature

If this phone doesn't have a a15 processor and no sdcard slot I am getting a asus padfone. These specs are non negotiable for me.

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
If this phone doesn't have a a15 processor and no sdcard slot I am getting a asus padfone. These specs are non negotiable for me.
Seeing as nobody has a working time machine, we'll just have to wait to find out. Usually most top end androids have a sd card slot, rumors are its going to have the new Exynos CPU, the quadcore one.

K

Killbynature

Seeing as nobody has a working time machine, we'll just have to wait to find out. Usually most top end androids have a sd card slot, rumors are its going to have the new Exynos CPU, the quadcore one.

There is already a phone releasing with quadcore exynos. A9 is last year architecture.

real_khali

Feb 1, 2012
Orlando, FL
twitter.com
It's hard not to use a scheduled OS update as a purchasing point when the carrier uses it as a selling point.

Thank you.

As for skadude66 and iLeopard, I didn't buy the phone because of its scheduled update of ICS.

When I first walked in to T-Mobile I was going to buy the HTC Sensation until they told me that the GSII had came out that very day for them.
I bought the phone because of the specs and what it can do, as far as what I also needed it for. NOT for ICS.
ICS only came my priority since Samsung has taken a pretty long time to roll out their newest OS on their BEST PHONE. So it kinda becomes aggravating that their best phone doesn't even have it.

Top Liked Posts