Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I updated it with S-ON.

Everything works great except wifi. It connects but disconnects after a couple minutes of not using it. I primarily use wifi calling at work so this is frustrating. Has anyone else ran into this:

It connects fine. After a couple minutes it disconnects. I go to reconnect and nothing. I have to turn wifi off and back on for it to work. This process keeps repeating. It almost seems like there is some kind of time out setting but I can not find it.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
As before you have to go to the wifi sleep policy.. settings-wifi-menu button-advanced- keep wifi on during sleep. Yours is set to go to sleep..

jasonmatty1

Dec 26, 2010
wifi issue

I have "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" enabled to ALWAYS. Thats what I assumed it was but it did not solve teh problem.

oskaratk

Jan 28, 2011
Lyons
howdy ....

after flashing, WiFi yesterday evening calling did work.

This morning I am getting REG99 errors.

Anyone else ... any hints ?

Thanks
Oskar

reply to myself :)
kinda weird .... here is the full story. Maybe helps anyone else

WiFi calling was working on the stock gingerbread rom.

yesterday I got S-OFF and flashed the ICS "leak" rom
wifi calling worked
this morning REG99 errors on wifi calling
checked my account at tmo - the 911 address. Tried to update the address - did not work, the tmo system could not verify my address. So I called tmo.
About an h later I tried wifi calling. First got some errors: red symbol .. then a invalid SIM error ... then REG99 invalid 911 address and all over sudden it works

go figure ...

Oskar

the show stopper

Jan 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
it runs smooth but i can't uncheck the spelling correction in keyboard settings (not a big deal anyway). but what i don't like is, when i open up a video in mobile view, on gingerbread it would give me option to pick one video player/audio player for the file or i wanted to download it with opera. i don't get that option anymore. i have a assign a file for every operation. in case i don't want to watch streaming, want to download it or vice-versa, i have to go to settings and change file association. i really hate going back and forth. :S

i hope it made sense :S

hd2joel

Apr 29, 2010
I'm ICS Rooted S-Off Locked.

The issue I hate is everytime I back out of an app or press the home key the damn White HTC Screen always pops up then the pop up toast takes a few to settle. It gets quite annoying. Anyway to get this to stop?

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?
Mine does that sometimes. A reboot always fixes it. Either power button restart not power off or pop out the batt.

xilande

Feb 27, 2010
I got a score of 5659 using antutu benchmark on gingerbread bulletproof, I get a 6492 on ICS with a little bloat removed.. that benchmark seems MUCH more realistic.

Oh, and using system tuner I can definitely see both cores are getting used, and I have s-off(since someone said something about people who don't don't use two cores)

O_O the hell on GB Roms i got at best ~2600, now on ICS i get ~2000-2200
what customizations have u done?

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Mine does that sometimes. A reboot always fixes it. Either power button restart not power off or pop out the batt.

It stopped doing it after it settled in. I guess it was still trying to build caches or what not. It hasn't done it for a while. So far its been really stable for me.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

Pulsewave

Jan 23, 2012
Here
O_O the hell on GB Roms i got at best ~2600, now on ICS i get ~2000-2200
what customizations have u done?

I got 6552 using antutu with stock everything with all T-Mobile apps uninstalled, those 2k scores sound more like quadrant scores though, odd that it decreased...

anyway the only glitch I've found with this leak is with MMS, if i do anything with wifi, turn it on/turn it off/ connect or disconnect from a wifi access point, i have to turn off and turn back on the mobile network for picture messages to send.

weirdly it doesnt affect anything else with the mobile network, just the MMS

xilande

Feb 27, 2010
oh yeah phone is more responsive with ics, apps run about the same, wifi and reception can be funky at times

yeah quadrant

couldn't edit post not sure y (edit hangs on save)

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

just realized it was antutu not quadrant so nvm XD i need sleep running on 3 hrs worth

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
I have noticed that the stock messaging app doesn't seem to show anyone's contact pictures, even though they are visible if you look up that person in the phone app.

crazypotato

May 8, 2009
Phone button set default doesn't hold after reboot

Phone button set default doesn't hold after reboot when I have other VOIP apps like viber installed. That should be a bug HTC should address. The set default last before the reboot.

Facebook sense doesn't authorize with default facebook app. I had to root and uninstall factory facebook app and install one form Google Play to make it to work.

Camera "Manual Mode" image adjustment dials are impossible to read. The line mark on the dial is missing. Come on HTC!! I hope TMobile doesn't release the ROM just like that.

USB OTG is missing. That is part of the android ics. I hope HTC doesn't choose to not include it.

Last edited:

tanmack33

Nov 1, 2008
By far my biggest complaint is the battery life on this one.

I realize this is not the final build.. but I just lost 40% by playing Empire Defense II for about 30 minutes w/o data or wifi on. The screen is always 80+% of my battery drain... Been using auto adjust, but still.

No real hard data, but just a feeling that the battery is not lasting nearly as long. Going to really have monitor it.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Weird it's not reading right, it's a pre-release leak, right? Haha.

Did you use UOT kitchen to get the percent? I haven't tried yet...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

I used UOT to change it. I noticed it is 6% off and when it says I am at 11% percent, the phone will actually be 2% lower.

Did you flash it yourself, or did you install CapRombeta? If the rom I would report it there, he is trying to get the little quirks worked out.
dharvey4651 just posted a flashable battery % here if anyone is interested, he JUST put it out so I imagine it would be at your own risk(pretty minimal risk I'd think).

I used UOT and it is the stock ROM.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I used UOT to change it. I noticed it is 6% off and when it says I am at 11% percent, the phone will actually be 2% lower.

I used UOT and it is the stock ROM.

I'm right there with you at this point, I've noticed this since you posted that- it seems to be off by a larger amount when it is full, but right now the system says 4% while the battery indicator in the status bar says 6%
I guess it isn't that big a deal compared to some of the things crazypotato just posted.. but I have a sneaky suspicion we are all getting some little quirky issues no one has identified yet..

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
heres an issue that just happened...phone on idle, go to check it, no response from any buttons to turn the screen on. had to do a battery pull. first time ive ever had that happen since owning this phone

sdaters

Dec 5, 2011
Washington, DC
The build seems very fast and stable for me thus far. I have noticed one radio issue, though. First, the signal in general seems weaker and tends to fluctuate much more. Additionally, I've noticed that when I lose signals (for instance in the underground metro tunnels) it takes longer for it to rediscover the signal in the stations. Furthermore, there are times when the phone shows signal and a 4g data connection, but I'm unable to make / receive calls, txts, or data. I'm able to fix this by restarting the phone, but it's an annoying issue.

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Keyboard seems to be running slow, and you can pull down the status bar on the lockscreen to unlock the phone,which I don't like very much.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Can you guys tell me if Picasa syncs with your Gallery ?

I see theres a dropdown menu now but Its unable to load Picasa albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where people can post their issues for others to see before they flash, or developers to fix when they build roms. Or, even better, we the users can try to troubleshoot the issues and confirm/share a fix with everyone else.

If you DO have issues, please state if you are using the stock RUU or one of the roms I'm sure will be pouring out over time..
    *AND*
    If anyone has any of these issues and can confirm please include in the title ISSUE or CONFIRMED(or workaround/fix along how it was done) in your post along with which issue and I will try to update the OP accordingly.
    Example Title:
    Code:
    Confirmed: 5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point..
    This will help me a lot with updating the OP and helping users find fixes, etc

Reported issues:
    1. A few reports of both cores not being utilized properly(Screenshot of 1 core showing)(Confirmed post #171 this is only an issue if you think quadrant is a good program- it is "junk":) )
    2. Facebook not working properly(Potential fix reported #153 for root users: Uninstall facebook from /data/app folder and install from market- confirm if fixed)
    3. Battery being TOO good(multiple times in this thread, lol) except #154 that reports unconfirmed worse battery when playing intensive apps/games
    4. Multiple reports of reduced signal strength that fluctuates more(likely just a radio issue, build.prop edits linked in my signature helped me)
    5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point- needs confirmation and troubleshooting if confirmed - punkmetalska please report your router settings.(Another user confirmed)
    6. #100 the app screen filter doesn't turn off soft key lights(workaround- keyboard backlight controller or find posts here to edit init.d or use g-script(instructions post #121) to perm disable)
    7. Post #107 issues changing font or startup/shutdown animations changes not sticking
    8. Post #123 Unable to import backed up bookmarks from gingerbread(post #129 confirms)
    9. Post #125 softbutton(?) lights will turn off if automatic brightness is not set
    10. Post #128 removing lookout anti-virus speeds up response of phone
    11. Post #132 Mutiple posts of system battery reporting 2%+ difference in battery than shown in pulldown bar after battery mod
    12. Post #140 reports wifi disconnecting even though later explains wifi set to always on
    13. Post #143 Reports issues with reg99 error for wifi calling and how it started working(in case it helps anyone)
    14. Post #144 Issues changing features in stock keyboard, unable to choose which video player to use when opened in "mobile view"(stock browser?)
    15. Post#145 reports white htc screen popping up intermittently, other users suggest battery pull helping and eventually it stops(building caches?)
    16. Post #148 Reports issues sending MMS while connected to wifi, earlier post I'm too lazy to find also said this when wifi calling on
    17. Post #150 Setcpu doesn't work, later posts give alternatives
    18. Post #151 Stock messaging app doesn't show contact picture though contacts app does, possible fix in post #152(you'll have to search his posts for that day/time). Post #166 adds this issue and same with facebook and gtalk
    19. Post #153 Reports "Camera "Manual Mode" image adjustment dials are impossible to read." *and* "USB OTG is missing. That is part of the android ics." -- I'm not sure I understand the issue, just reporting it here.
    20. Post #157 Reports battery pull needed after phone would not wake from deep sleep- needs confirmation
    21. Post #159 reports status bar can be pulled down without unlocking phone and slow keyboard(I have experienced this with all keyboard apps at random times)- Possible fix(for keyboard) go to main settings-develop options-background process limit(apps in cache) and set to 1-4, needs confirmation)
    22. Post #160 Picasa pulldown in gallery app does not sync(needs confirm)
    23. Post #163 Video button not working(needs confirm)
    24. Post 193 Users reporting having to do a battery pull after phone has sat unused, confirmed by 1 user.

This is updated 4-28 to post #171, page 18
    Download Keyboard Backlight Controller from the Play Store and it will keep them off even after reboot. :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    I think it feels snappier... But I haven't loaded up all my apps yet either

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

yeah it has that weird transition effect that makes me feel like its lagging tho. think im gonna turn it off in develop options. in general, everything is running ok over on my end even with 200 apps installed. im getting around 300-400 mb on free ram too :cool:

edit: face unlock is under "security" and works just fine :D
    How the hell do you change the lock screen short cuts with the leaked ICS update for the amaze?!?!?! Driving me mad that I cant figure this out D:

It pissed me off, too. Cuz I somehow got handcent on the lockscreen but couldn't figure out how. Anyways, I googled it and found that the lockscreen shortcuts are your homescreen shortcuts, you can't have them different. So whatever you have as the bottom four on Rosie (with the middle being the all apps) are the four that show up on the lockscreen. It's really stupid of HTC.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    I just flashed the leaked ICS rom. So far so good, but I have a question. I want to turn of the tactile feedback vibration for the keyboard and I can't seem to find where the option is on ICS. I have turned off the general vibrate feedback under Settings>sound>vibrate feedback. However, this doesn't apply to the keyboard. I know that under GB I was able to turn off the keyboard vibrate feedback but I can seem to find it here...:confused:

any help will be most appreciated.

Settings>Language & Keyboard under the keyboard & input section press the icon next to the keyboard you're using. The icon looks like three small lines with sliding knobs

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium