can't install dutty v4 for my diamond :(

Search This thread

robsterr

Mar 2, 2009
hey guys

how is it?
i have a problem with my diamond, its very strange
i already installed hardspl 1.24 on the phone

and now if i want to install the dutty v4 for my diamond .. alway when i click update to this rom its restarting active sync or the vista tool gets closed and the device isn't updating
on myother windows xp machine there is a application error if i want to start the dutty tool
can anybody help me?

thanks in advance and have a great week
rob

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
You should install this using the internal method.

Just grab the .nbh file and rename it DIAMIMG.nbh

Put this in your Internal 4GB storage.

Soft reset your device and immediately press the Vol. Down and back button and a grey screen will appear. Vol up to install. After, don't forget to hard reset your phone.

Last edited:

robsterr

Mar 2, 2009
hey you

thanks for your quick answer

but it isn't working if i soft reset the device and press vol down and back (the arrow which is pinting to left) it doesn't open a menu!
do i need a special hard spl? or do i something wrong on the reset?

i just don't get te screen, it's just starting normally :(

really strange!

thanks in advance

Last edited:

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
hey you

thanks for your quick answer

but it isn't working if i soft reset the device and press vol down and back (the arrow which is pinting to left) it doesn't open a menu!
do i need a special hard spl? or do i something wrong on the reset?

i just don't get te screen, it's just starting normally :(

really strange!

thanks in advance

No, a special hard spl is not required. Any one will do. You are probably not doing the procedure quick enough. Try again.

When you soft reset get your hands immediately ready to press both (Vol. Down + Back Arrow Button). HOLD this until you see the grey menu and follow the instructions.

And make sure the DIAMIMG.nbh file is in your Internal Storage (4GB)

Last edited:

scottwilkins

May 8, 2007
On my phone, the vol-down + back-button doesn't work either. It just resets the phone as normal. A vol-down + enter-button does move it to the hard-reset screen though, then an up-arrow finishes the hard reset, but not loading the DIAMIMG.nbh file. Maybe they removed the vol-down + back-button? Or changed it somehow?

scottwilkins

May 8, 2007
Well, I figured out one mystery. For my model version, it's not vol-down + back-arrow to get into the SPL screen on power up. It's vol-down only while powering on the device. Go figure!

Still stuck with no ability to install Hard SPL though :(

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Well, I figured out one mystery. For my model version, it's not vol-down + back-arrow to get into the SPL screen on power up. It's vol-down only while powering on the device. Go figure!
Still stuck with no ability to install Hard SPL though :(

ALL MODELS SHOULD BE THE SAME>>

Basic Info.

(Soft Reset and press Vol. Down) = Get To Bootloader
(Soft Reset and Press Vol. Down + back-arrow) = To Install Radio or ROM form Internal Storage (must have DIAMIMG.nbh in first before flashing)

widemouth31

Sep 9, 2008
To confirm that there is no confusion. The "Back arrow" button is the one above the hang up button. NOT left of the middle circle button

So press volume down, Back arrow and then with your third hand, press the reset button with the stylus. Continue to hold the Vol Down and Back Arrow until the image install screen appears. (about 2 seconds)

scottwilkins

May 8, 2007
Sorry guys, no the back-arrow button plus Vol-down does not work. Vol-down alone does. The new phones are different, I'm almost 100% positive they are. The stock SPL was version 1.95 which I've not yet seen here. And, I can't seem to dump any of the ROM (and now can't dump the SPL, BUMMER!, but that's another issue...)
But vol-down + enter + reset does give the clear memory option, with a slightly different wording on the reset screen that what I've read here that it should be.

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Sorry guys, no the back-arrow button plus Vol-down does not work. Vol-down alone does. The new phones are different, I'm almost 100% positive they are. The stock SPL was version 1.95 which I've not yet seen here. And, I can't seem to dump any of the ROM (and now can't dump the SPL, BUMMER!, but that's another issue...)
But vol-down + enter + reset does give the clear memory option, with a slightly different wording on the reset screen that what I've read here that it should be.

Well so far your device seems to be the first out of the gate that reacts this way.

Sorry to hear!