cant access setting

Search This thread

samrulz7

Apr 25, 2012
hi guys thnx for trying to help me.:eek:
im hving issues with the phone. Everytime i try accessing my settings im greeted very rudely :( with a dialog box asking me a security password which i dont know is how do fix this?
im attaching a screenshot please hve a look :eek:

Also im an indian user so hve indian firmware loaded with sony live(its sort of streaming channel) and stuff
and thnx again :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-10-23-14-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-23-14-19.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
im hving issues with the phone. Everytime i try accessing my settings im greeted very rudely :( with a dialog box asking me a security password which i dont know is how do fix this?

do you install any mod?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium

Reactions: samrulz7

samrulz7

Apr 25, 2012
This is not stock and I think you don't remember what you installing on your phone.

wow thanks for the quick reply guys but i did not in anyway try to root or unlock the bootloader of the ph. from what i understand is required to mod it +1 to both of u
so yh i dont think i installed a mod and i dnt also it fixes itself at times if i restart the ph.

Last edited:

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Installed apps from third-party source? Maybe ur phone got hacked. I've read about ransomware that's out there at the moment

Sent from Xperia Z1

Beautyspin

Apr 8, 2011
Hyderabad
www.techgadgettalk.com
Xpria X-alert

Also im an indian user so hve indian firmware loaded with sony live(its sort of streaming channel) and stuff

It is Xperia XAlert. If you have already granted it device admin rights, there is nothing you can do. Try to uninstall it and see. Or Open it and see if you remember the password so that you can disable it.

samrulz7

Apr 25, 2012
It is Xperia XAlert. If you have already granted it device admin rights, there is nothing you can do. Try to uninstall it and see. Or Open it and see if you remember the password so that you can disable it.

ok this man is a hero i will build statues in ur glory and people will remember the name Beautyspin for centuries forth! :D

anyway this is how i fixed it

i force restarted the ph. then downloaded a task manager and force closed x alert then i was able to access my settings from which i followed these steps

App is good for security but once you activate it and enable password for applications it gives you really bad annoying experience. To fix the issue, please do following:

If you have Screen lock = Pattern then you need to change it to PIN
Go to Settings => Security => Device Administrator and untick X - Alert for XPERIA
Now go to Settings => Apps => All = Select X - Alert for XPERIA
Click on Force Stop and do Clear Cache

thank you all for the feedback bros i'll send everyone cookies in mail :p

Last edited:

Beautyspin

Apr 8, 2011
Hyderabad
www.techgadgettalk.com
ok this man is a hero i will build statues in ur glory and people will remember the name Beautyspin for centuries forth! :D

anyway this is how i fixed it

i force restarted the ph. then downloaded a task manager and force closed x alert then i was able to access my settings from which i followed these steps

thank you all for the feedback bros i'll send everyone cookies in mail :p

Great to know this got fixed..Have a nice one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

do you install any mod?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium
    This is not stock and I think you don't remember what you installing on your phone.
    Try restoring the phone through sus? See if that works

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Installed apps from third-party source? Maybe ur phone got hacked. I've read about ransomware that's out there at the moment

Sent from Xperia Z1
    Xpria X-alert