[ROM] barnaclesMod [Sense-OTA] [6.22.11]

Search This thread

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
Hmm, is this not Frost next? Might it grow into such? Will give it a shot. Was rockin Frost 4.0 until last week & finally went gb aosp, but much love for barns!
Thanks
@dboftlp

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

joehunni

Jun 29, 2010
Arlington
Also, I've noticed the Sprint VVM app gets stuck at like initializing. The popup that usually says "voicemail has been correctly provisioned" never comes.

aaanadie

Apr 15, 2009
The Perfect ROM

Hello,

I tried a lot of roms on my EVO 4G, best ones are supersonic_4.24.651.1_barnaclesmod, MikG-v2.15, Ginger-AleV5RTU, Synergy-RC1, CM7 nightly #115.
All of them have everything working perfect (all I use at least, I tried to check all).
I use a lot of apps so MikG, Ginger-Ale and Synergy got low internal space quickly.
CM7 do not have the ## features because is AOSP.

At the end I flashed supersonic_4.24.651.1_barnaclesmod, restored my GoLauncherEx, SetCPU, etc with Titanium, flashed Blue_OverGlow, "Move user apps to the SD card", and as result I have the perfect rom, because do not have bloatware, works very fast, no issues, have everything I need.

Thank you very much.

aaanadie

Apr 15, 2009
WI-FI not getting full speed

Hello,
I am using this rom as my daily one since a few days.
Everything works perfect, superfast, but I realized a little detail:
If I go to "Settings\Wireless & networks\Wi-Fi settings" and touch my home wifi connection, then I see "Link speed: 54 Mbps", but if I restore my CM7 nightly then it is 65 Mbps. I reflashed supersonic_4.24.651.1_barnaclesmod from zero but got same result. I restored MikG-v2.15 and got 65 Mbps too, then restored supersonic_4.24.651.1_barnaclesmod and went back 54 Mbps.
Thanks

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Hello,

At the end I flashed supersonic_4.24.651.1_barnaclesmod, restored my GoLauncherEx, SetCPU, etc with Titanium, flashed Blue_OverGlow, "Move user apps to the SD card", and as result I have the perfect rom, because do not have bloatware, works very fast, no issues, have everything I need.

Thank you very much.

Where did you find blue_overGlow to flash? Is that for the overscroll effect? Id love to know. Thanks. Interested in checking out this rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I wanted to make myself something completely stable and quick based on the new gingerbread OTA for the EVO. I figured I would share it here for anyone looking for a stable, quick, bloat free sense ROM. As stated below, the framework is cleaned of all extra languages, as well as some apps, but I wanna get this thing as small as possible and clean up the rest of them in time. This ROM is not aimed towards lots of system modifications, but more so taking whats there and cleaning it all up, giving you guys an OTA the way it should be =P. With that said, I thought I would just post it here for you guys to play around with. I will make this post look a bit more enticing with some screenshots as time permits so stay tuned. You can read the log below to get an idea of what to expect.

Release 2
    -remove barnExtras for now, until I have everything working in it that I want
    -Update base to 4.24 (newest Sprint OTA update)
    -Replace the rest of aosp system/app icons
    -Clean up more junk =P Rom weighs in at 144mb - full sense
    -New boot animation, HTCs
    -Cleaned up wallpapers, ringtones, UI sounds and notification tones
    -Reverted to stock HTC lockscreen out of box

Release 1
    -Supersonic 4.22.651.2 OTA base
    -Deodexed /system/framework and /system/app
    -Rooted with busybox
    -Removed extra languages from framework and some apps, more to come
    -Implement some AOSP icons to system/apps
    -Decreased conversation list font size in Mms
    -Removed debugging / reporting tools
    -PNGoptd HTC framework
    -Removed "bloat" applications
    -Removed HTC logging
    -Removed live wallpaper picker / wallpapers
    -Removed sprint hotspot
    -Espresso rosie theme / available espresso htc lockscreen
    -Cleaned up system libraries / removed unnessesary libs
    -Removed Google applications which are available through market
    -Removed Sprint VVM
    -Replaced HTC calculator with Googles
    -Implements AOSP lockscreen by default themed GB style
    -Added BarnExtras to personalize. Includes:
    --Spare parts (modified, unnecessary tools removed)
    --Development tools
    --Add-ons (currently just VVM and espresso lockscreen.. btw, their links are switched. I'll fix that)
    --Mod information / changelog

Download, issue tracker, screens