Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Search This thread

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Limited to 8 thanks a day... so tomorrow!

What did you use to do your back cover, Just a razor?

Also, I noticed today that one of the slips that hole the battery door to the phone (on the phone) is broken :banghead:

MikeySmikey

Dec 30, 2011
Springfield
Limited to 8 thanks a day... so tomorrow!

What did you use to do your back cover, Just a razor?

Also, I noticed today that one of the slips that hole the battery door to the phone (on the phone) is broken :banghead:

Yea I just used a razor blade. Sand paper would work too.

Sorry the pics aren't the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

jfenton78

May 20, 2012
Sprint offer still works

Hey all,

Not to dig up an old thread, but the Sprint deal mentioned a few pages back still works. I ordered my battery on Sunday and just got the email that it shipped today.

Reactions: wwcjr91

LoSt180

Dec 21, 2011
Save yourself some shaving and just pop both end-caps off the battery. After removing both black caps, I have no hump in the battery cover. You might still have to trim the "overlap" on the label sticker though.

mrfeuss

Dec 22, 2012
Nowheresville, NJ
Save yourself some shaving and just pop both end-caps off the battery. After removing both black caps, I have no hump in the battery cover. You might still have to trim the "overlap" on the label sticker though.

Still no issues with fitment or connectivity? That would have been my only concern; that it doesn't remain in contact without the caps.

LoSt180

Dec 21, 2011
Still no issues with fitment or connectivity? That would have been my only concern; that it doesn't remain in contact without the caps.

The contacts are kind of springy and connect just fine without the caps. I was initially worried about removing the bottom one, thinking it wouldn't push up enough for secure contact, but it works fine. I've been running like that since last July.

There is some adhesive left from the caps that kind of help "stick" the battery in place. I think someone in the thread initially recommended to remove both caps.

Jamister989

Nov 20, 2009
Extended battery for Free + $6.50 shipping

Hey guys I was looking to get one of the batteries to mod and looked and found that as of the 19th Sprint is giving these batteries away, only pay shipping and the deal is still live!! Follow the instructions in the Wiki of this SlickDeal, Ground shipping is $6.50 + tax.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5055866-FREE-Sprint-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery

Looked back in this thread and saw that this is a repeat deal that is live once again.

fham

Dec 11, 2008
Deal is back on at Sprint again.

Quote from DealNews with Coupon Code:
"Sprint offers the Samsung Extended Battery Bundle for Galaxy Nexus for $49.99. Coupon code "BATTERY1" makes it free. With $6.50 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $28. It includes a 2,100mAh lithium ion extended battery and battery door."

Link to Sprint: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=64800058

B

b2tracken

Deal is back on at Sprint again.

Quote from DealNews with Coupon Code:
"Sprint offers the Samsung Extended Battery Bundle for Galaxy Nexus for $49.99. Coupon code "BATTERY1" makes it free. With $6.50 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $28. It includes a 2,100mAh lithium ion extended battery and battery door."

Link to Sprint: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=64800058

This one isn't any different from the other one right?

fham

Dec 11, 2008
This one isn't any different from the other one right?

This is the exact same deal that was on before. I bought one and have been using it in my SN with moderately excellent results. I get about 3-5 hours more than the original battery with moderate use [Gmail, Twitter, Chrome, some Google Music, no games].

B

b2tracken

This is the exact same deal that was on before. I bought one and have been using it in my SN with moderately excellent results. I get about 3-5 hours more than the original battery with moderate use [Gmail, Twitter, Chrome, some Google Music, no games].

Awesome! I don't really play games on mine. Just flip through news articles and reddit using BaconReader. Thrilled to get this.

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Got mine today. Fits beautifully, shaved the plastic edges down a bit with a file, back closes VERY snug, but since I've got a hard case, it doesn't matter.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Just ordered mine today, miracle this deal is still going on...

Had my battery for just under 2 years but the rockets starting to get old so I wanna have a backup ready

nickargas

Apr 21, 2012
is this still doable ? i'm in greece and i have this phone for 3 years now... i wanna keep it 'cause its very small and thin and i've got tons of apps i need daily... does anyone has a coupon or something i can get a battery too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this info should be added to the op:
    ---------------------------------
    1. Go to Sprint Employee Referral Program [sprint.com]
    2. enter: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com (as email) // 383 as Employee ID // [this info is public]
    3. make your way to accessories, select galaxy Nexus, add the battery [sprint.com] to cart and enter battery1 coupon code
    4. check out (total should be free, with free shipping), be sure to enter the employee email and ID on the check out page again.
    5. wait for the sent email

NOTE: The description says that it is a bundle that is free with purchase of GNex but it will allow you to checkout with just the battery in your cart! When I applied the coupon code, it redirected me to select a phone. When i clicked back (google chrome) and reapplied the coupon, it took me to checkout (free).
    ------------------------

This worked for me.
    Okay friends, now's the time to stock up! check out this deal for a FREE Nexus extended battery from Sprint! http://slickdeals.net/f/5055866-FREE-Sprint-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery?

I bought one for $0 shipped. Did have to enter my credit card info of course.

Enjoy!
    Here's an instructable on one method of trimming down the battery for those who have poor fitment.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-a-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery-to-fit-the-/
    Do you mind posting pics of what you did?

Your wish is granted :)
    As with all modifications, I can not be held responsible for your actions. Including, but not limited to trying to modify your phone or battery. You will obviously lose the warranty on the battery, and possibly the phone.

I unwrapped the battery in step 1, thus exposing the NFC antenna, so It's there for sure :)
    I only needed to take a bit off the top left corner, not even the unwrapping part. It's just plastic that's needed to keep it looking symmetric. Who cares about looks when its gonna be covered by the lid. I'll take a pick with my transformer, but i'm in my car, so please excuse the lighting

{This is the extended battery that is sold by Verizon for the Samsung galaxy nexus, It has just been undressed (needlessly), and sanded in the top left corner}

Please press the thank button if I helped

sent from my transformer prime