Nexus 4

Search This thread

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
It should be... But it might have different baseband because of different network standarts

Sometimes those can be ported though like I ported nexus s 4g radios and ril to the epic. That'll make development easier since we won't have to take care of the framework. Hopefully therell be a cdma nexus 4 eventually for the sprint version.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

ncfastls1

Oct 27, 2010
Cary, NC
Yep, now that it's official I will be going with the Optimus G. No LTE, let alone just a CDMA version for Sprint is a deal breaker. Prepaid is just not for me. ATT is too expensive and T-Mobile has horrible coverage. Hope more people decide to go with the G, I'd like a nice sized dev community.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Yep, now that it's official I will be going with the Optimus G. No LTE, let alone just a CDMA version for Sprint is a deal breaker. Prepaid is just not for me. ATT is too expensive and T-Mobile has horrible coverage. Hope more people decide to go with the G, I'd like a nice sized dev community.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

That's highly unlikely with a locked bootloader. Dev's normally won't work on phones with no possibility of development. Unless a bounty is done and Dev decides to take on the challenge. But still, thats a very long shot. The Nexus on the other hand, will have plenty of room for development and support to play around with. And will always stay on top of updates. If you're going with the Optimus G, you better pray hard for LG to release their updates.

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That's highly unlikely with a locked bootloader. Dev's normally won't work on phones with no possibility of development. Unless a bounty is done and Dev decides to take on the challenge. But still, thats a very long shot. The Nexus on the other hand, will have plenty of room for development and support to play around with. And will always stay on top of updates. If you're going with the Optimus G, you better pray hard for LG to release their updates.

I dont why LG is doing that. The ONLY reason im not getting the LGOG is because of that locked bootloader, it would be an extremely popular device among devs if it didnt. I dont even know what phone to get now, the nexus doesnt seem to have a notification LED or SDcard slot, Im not switching FROM a phone running CM to be stuck on a device that waits half a year for an update thats out-dated upon release.

May just get an SIII, since i have to upgrade by dec. Even the iphone is getting tempting, jailbreak for all devices, updates for all devices.

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I dont why LG is doing that. The ONLY reason im not getting the LGOG is because of that locked bootloader, it would be an extremely popular device among devs if it didnt. I dont even know what phone to get now, the nexus doesnt seem to have a notification LED or SDcard slot, Im not switching FROM a phone running CM to be stuck on a device that waits half a year for an update thats out-dated upon release.

May just get an SIII, since i have to upgrade by dec. Even the iphone is getting tempting, jailbreak for all devices, updates for all devices.

Nexus 4 will have RGB LED notification just like the GNex. And as far as the no SD card support, who needs more than 16gb of memory nowadays when theres DropBox, Google Drive, Box, Google Play Music....As far as updates, you can always count on Nexus getting it first before everyone else.

Snow_fox

Jun 6, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Nexus 4 will have RGB LED notification just like the GNex. And as far as the no SD card support, who needs more than 16gb of memory nowadays when theres DropBox, Google Drive, Box, Google Play Music....As far as updates, you can always count on Nexus getting it first before everyone else.

Anyone with limited data? Or for that matter, anyone who doesn't want to deal with down time in terms of coverage.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ashirviskas

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
the only thing wrong with this phone is the lack of SD slot, but Google has made it pretty clear how they feel about that.

Still getting it, that is such an awesome price for a top of the line Nexus phone.

Hidden92

Feb 21, 2012
Hopefully google will cut down 16GB prices, remove 8GB and sell 32 GB devices by Christmas ;))
The price is ok, it's already extremely cheap, but I also hope for a 32GB device. But I will buy the 16GB one as soon as possible, and maybe sell it if a 32GB version is getting released and I think 16GB is not sufficient for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...yea...because they couldn't possibly change venue or format....

Yeah but, how many people attend? That's could be a lot of work on short notice. Potentially too much to do in 2 days.

Anyone with limited data? Or for that matter, anyone who doesn't want to deal with down time in terms of coverage.

Hopefully google will cut down 16GB prices, remove 8GB and sell 32 GB devices by Christmas ;))