Jealous anyone? XD

Search This thread

dandn0ten

Dec 18, 2012
Hungtinton Beach
There are some important variables missing in your little math equation my friend. The most important of which would probably be things like display brightness... which has a huge effect on percentages reflected and recorded in your batterystats.bin file...

Here is a hypothetical to think about....

You charge your device entirely.... it sits on standby for 3 days without being used or touched. It drains on standby to 20%...

You then pick it up and you use it for an hour until it dies with it at 45% brightness (just an example, totally irrelevant number to this equation)... right before it dies your battery stats read something like this...

Display 23% or something like that
The rest is irrelevant.. that number is what is confusing you...

Does 23% mean you had the display on for 15 hours for that 72 hour time frame? Of course not. Because output of power effects how long the display will be able stay on.

Like your car gets 25 miles per gallon right? Unless you drive around town in 1st gear every where you go, wasting fuel and running the engine at redline.

I don't quite understand how this concept is so confusing.

Your math was perfectly correct. But you aren't in the right class. This is physics, not just math. Lol

Wow too long too lazy to read this is why I failed physica xD

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
My phone wasnt on for 3 days sir. Just 19 hours. Not sure about the brightness as its set to automatic. Of course its also set to power save mode. So if my math is not faulty then I find my stats to be byond what everyone else says is average at approximately 6 hours on screen time. My phone is on standby in the car maybe an hour a day total and while at work for 6 hours. So my screen time is rather impressive even if only to me.

I was merely commenting on my own screen shot of battery stats and on screen time. If you find a flaw in my on screen time calculation that I should take into consideration please tell me what to add. Beyond that 16 hours on screen time out of 19 hours and still 30+% battery life left is pretty impressive. As stated in a previous post that using dolphin browser to cruise cragslist and the web for info and funny videos and watching not only a full length movie but two family guy and a futurama episode on netflix.

I would like to accurately brandish my on scren time perhaps you could show me the proper equation.

Note 2, yeah son!

Last edited:

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
My phone wasnt on for 3 days sir. Just 19 hours. Not sure about the brightness as its set to automatic. Of course its also set to power save mode. So if my math is not faulty then I find my stats to be byond what everyone else says is average at approximately 6 hours on screen time. My phone is on standby in the car maybe an hour a day total and while at work for 6 hours. So my screen time is rather impressive even if only to me.

I was merely commenting on my own screen shot of battery stats and on screen time. If you find a flaw in my on screen time calculation that I should take into consideration please tell me what to add. Beyond that 16 hours on screen time out of 19 hours and still 30+% battery life left is pretty impressive. As stated in a previous post that using dolphin browser to cruise cragslist and the web for info and funny videos and watching not only a full length movie but two family guy and a futurama episode on netflix.

I would like to accurately brandish my on scren time perhaps you could show me the proper equation.

Note 2, yeah son!

omg you didnt get 16 hours screen on your are just special

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
I see that if you click the display it will tell you on time. Perhaps I should look at that next time. So I dont know the screen on time. Perhaps on my next run ill check that.

Note 2, yeah son!

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Note 2, yeah son!

Here's your flaw in math. The percentage is not calculating percentage of time, but rather percentage of battery drained. Also the first rule of math...does your answer make sense? Think about it, do you really think in 19 hours you had the screen on for 16 if them? If so sell your phone and use that money to get a girl friend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ummm... The phone sleeping or idling doesnt mean anything, anyone can get a couple days like that.... its on time (being used) that counts

Not jealous
    I just need my phone to last all day with all the features. This phone does it. No need for 3 days without being able to use the features.

nope, I'm not jealous....I can see you don't use your phone for basically nothing but facebook. seriously? not even phone calls in 3 days!!?? seriously? ahaha and you're gonna brag about that?:eek:

the most I get is a little bit less than a day and a half. i'm mostly constantly on my phone, talking, txting, web, wireless streaming (dlna) when I'm home. I mean I use my phone....not just for facebook.
    So in 3 days you barley used your phone and brag about battery whoaaaa all ypu showed is you literally have no one to talk to

Not jealous of the lonely person

6 hours screen on is average.....most people get that just in shorter periods not streching six hours over 72 most people actually use their phone