(Dead Old Thread) Sky Note 4.3 RC8-2 (11/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
I have managed to get MMS sending :victory: sms is still a work in progress.
I've PM'd AngryManMLS with the fix and with any luck you guys will be able to text using MMS soon.

Now to tackle sms :silly:

Reactions: TheLoonyRebel

drarkanex

Very awesome thanks so much for this!!!. .. so there is absolutely nothing to fix the mms/sms on this baby as of right now??? I love this but def will need those to work and that's why I'm asking because I want this as my dd so badly lol.. Thanks again

If us verizon peeps get a new modem I bet this' ll fix mms/sms all on its own. We will see. Awesome rom though. I cannot wait till it matures and I know it will soon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Do you have 3g, 1x or edge data working? Thats likely your sms fail right there

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
Do you have 3g, 1x or edge data working? Thats likely your sms fail right there

I didn't realize it, but the only networking at the moment is 4g that you fixed :( @runandhide05

Is there a possible fix to get 3g and 1x working or is it stuck until we get the modem from the ota?

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

I didn't realize it, but the only networking at the moment is 4g that you fixed :( @runandhide05

Is there a possible fix to get 3g and 1x working or is it stuck until we get the modem from the ota?

the strange thing is sms receives fine, just wont send.

jdg1

Dec 13, 2010
Does this ROM have the air comand feature? I can't install it until some of the bugs are wotked out because this is also my work phone. I've see it ported on some international ROMs. With those features I think I can hold out for the Note 4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Hälftebyte

Does this ROM have the air comand feature? I can't install it until some of the bugs are wotked out because this is also my work phone. I've see it ported on some international ROMs. With those features I think I can hold out for the Note 4.

Not at that stage yet.. Air Command is luxury until the basics are sorted

jdg1

Dec 13, 2010
Not at that stage yet.. Air Command is luxury until the basics are sorted

Thanks for the response. I have been trying my best to not run out to get a Note 3 on a whim. The only thing I think I would really miss out on is the 32gigs of memory on board. 16 gigs was too little memory for the Note 2 but this has been the bset phone by far I have ever owned. May still get a Note 3 in the future but I am good for now. Will be watching this thread closely to monitor the progress :D

JaeTazzCee

Jun 1, 2012
Snellville
I don't know if it's a fluke, but I flashed the ROM and had no issues whatsoever getting wi-fi (which is a good thing given that I am overseas and wi-fi is all I have). Seems to be working fine. No, on to the data piece....more to follow.

JaeTazzCee

Jun 1, 2012
Snellville
Everything seems to be working great. One question, when re-installing TWRP, do I have to install the ATT version, since my phone is thinking it's an ATT phone now, or can I run the VZW version?

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Good stuff. I have it installed, but I don't have the restart options, so I have to manually go to recovery mode right now...is there a fix for that? Also, I can't get the new S-Note to work. It keeps force closing on me. Has anyone run into that problem as well and what did you do to fix it?

You have to use Wanam to get the multi reboot stuff working on this ROM. As far as S-Note I'll test on the R8-2 build I'm finishing porting in a moment I believe that might of been fixed.

Hälftebyte

Good stuff. I have it installed, but I don't have the restart options, so I have to manually go to recovery mode right now...is there a fix for that? Also, I can't get the new S-Note to work. It keeps force closing on me. Has anyone run into that problem as well and what did you do to fix it?

Activate Xposed and Wanam Xposed. Then enable 4 way reboot under system settings in Wanam.
For the SNote try clearing cache and data for it in Application manager.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheLoonyRebel

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Great news. S-Pen works and doesn't crash on this build. I am now FINALLY uploading it. Took me several more test builds to make sure everything was as polished as I could make it. Good news also is that if you have already applied the Wifi Fix it will stick and work with R8-2 so you are good to go.

Edit: Doing one more test build here just to make sure it's ready. If this works (which I'm 99.9% sure it will) then I'll be uploading.

P9Ftfag.jpg

Last edited:

chiefsfan69

May 13, 2013
Great news. S-Pen works and doesn't crash on this build. I am now FINALLY uploading it. Took me several more test builds to make sure everything was as polished as I could make it. Good news also is that if you have already applied the Wifi Fix it will stick and work with R8-2 so you are good to go.

You are absolutely bad ass, thank you got all your hard work... do SMS/MMS is now working? Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: stvn1337 now is the ROM Port Maintainer.

This is an port of Sky Note from our sister AT&T Note 2 variant. Most things are working on this with a few exceptions like SMS/MMS. This ROM is developed by seanzscreams and wouldn't have been possible to be working on our Note 2 without the hard work of runandhide05 along with several others. Keep in mind that while this runs pretty well there are naturally bugs so be forwarded. I'll try to keep this updated as more bugs are found but so far from my time running this it's pretty smooth with a few exceptions. Please consider this to be experimental and not a fully daily driver.

Original Sky Note ROM thread by seanzscreams with info, pictures, etc.

TouchWiz 4.3 Base Thread by runandhide05

BUGS AND NOTES

- To get data to work you have to toggle airplane mode on then off after booting up.
    - Wifi does not work without applying the Wifi Fix that I have detailed below.
    - Dial pad does not work while in calls.
    - SMS/MMS does not work.
    - Backing up this ROM with either Clockworkmod or TWRP works but restore does not.
    - Restoring apps from Titanium Backup works on this from my testing without the need of TB Restore Fixer.

If there's anything else in terms of bugs etc I'll update this accordingly.

ROM DOWNLOADS

RC8-2 (11/14/12)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

RC8 (11/11/13)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

MD5: c7bf06fee5c4b4af19b2bf0ce66de935

WIFI PATCH FIX

Here's how to get Wifi working. Do this after installing the ROM. Thanks to seanzscreams for the fix and stvn1337 for posting the info. What this fix does is adds the paramaters needed for Wifi to work on TouchWiz 4.3 based ROMs while still allowing us to flash to other ROMs outside of the TouchWiz 4.3 stuff. Be forwarded that these steps do need to be followed pretty much dot on especially when it comes to apply the patch. Deviating on that part might cause some major issues including bricking your device. I will not be held liable if that were to happen or will XDA. You've been pretty well warned. Don't worry this is a pretty easy patch to apply so don't worry too much about it. Smile, eat a Kit Kat, and just do what I tell you. In no time you'll have working Wifi on this ROM.

FILES

Odin3 Version 1.85
    Android File Host
    Dev-Host

WiFi Fix
    Android File Host
    Dev-Host

INSTRUCTONS

1 - Download Odin3 and the WiFi Fix files.
    2 - Extract Odin3 and the WiFi Fix files. For the WiFi fix you just need to extract 4.3param_tz.zip so the 4.3param_tz.tar file is ready for us with Odin3.
    3 - Download and install Samsung drivers if you don't have them already.
    4 - Turn off Note 2. After turned off press Volume Down + Home Button + Power to boot into the bootloader.
    5 - Plug Note 2 into PC with Odin3 running.
    6 - Once your PC has detected and installed drivers your Note 2 should show up in Odin3.
    7 - Load the Wifi fix file (should be named 4.3param_tz.tar) into the PDA option in Odin3.
    8 - Hit the Start button. It'll only take seconds for the file to do its magic then your Note 2 will reboot into recovery.
    9 - Reboot out of recovery.
    10 - ????
    11 - Wifi should work now!
    12 - ????????
    13 - PROFIT!

Wifi Fix Source (using step 2)

Screen shot attached showing Wifi working on my end after applying this patch.

CHANGE LOG

Changes done on each version by seanzscreams are in his notes here.

Verizon Port Changes

R8-2

- Integrated MMS fix by stvn1337. Worked for me but others are reporting its not working.
    - Slipstreamed the R8-2 update into the R8-1 ROM release.
    - Removed the Lightsaber S-Pen sounds added into R8-1/R8-2.

AngryManMLS thanks: Thanks to seanzscreams for the ROM and Wifi fix, runandhide05, lacoursiere18, and 1Brite1 for the Verizon data fix, stvn1337 for confirming the Wifi fix works and the MMS fix, moosiemooses for contributing to helping with the SMS/MMS fix, and anyone I forgot to mention for all the hard work that has went into this.
    I want to thank everyone who has used this port, everyone who has contributed, and everyone who has posted in this thread. I've been very overwhelmed with all the positivity you have all given on the work that has been done. I can't emphasis on how many hours I've spent on this between testing builds, figuring out things, and what not let alone communicating with several of you privately on fixes. With that being said I'm officially handing the continuation of this ROM port over to stvn1337 as I've recently moved on to the Note 3.

Thank you everyone once again. It's been a great honor to have been able to for a small bit of time find a way to contribute a bit for our Galaxy Note 2 (outside of helping with Vanir ROM as well during the early days of 4.3 AOSP ROMs).
    Hold on to your seats, I have a dialpad fix so you can enter your voicemail password. sending a modified framework to AngryManMLS now!
    Unfortunately im still trying to figure out the sms fix but i thought you guys might like the dialpad fix :victory:
    You guys are impatient. The ota hits in like two weeks :p

Hey buddy there's an old saying that comes to mind. If you got nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself. I suggest you do that.
    You guys are impatient. The ota hits in like two weeks :p