[Q] Sprint LG G2 (LS980) Stuck in Bootloop

Search This thread

Dagroth

Jun 16, 2011
Well it's been a while since I broke a phone, so here I am!.... again :rolleyes:

LS980. TWRP Rooted. Failed CM. Now stuck in boot loop.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I have latest LG drivers. Phone can boot into recovery but nothing else. I cannot boot into LG's "Download Mode". I can get into the "Hard Recovery Mode" which doesn't work anyway (Vol Up + Power). From recovery I can select to wipe cash and data and I can select to install from sdcard (no cards on this thing) or from ADB. When selecting ADB and trying to sideload stuff to it, it tries to load but always fails. If I try to push stuff it always comes back :closed

I cannot access any form of Fastboot. All i can do is let is loop or enter recovery. Since it seems to be the only thing I can access, can someone please assist me in what I should be trying to sideload that might get me a step further? I cannot fastboot so anything there isn't an option. Seemingly all I can try to do is sideload something. What... I'm not really sure. And no :crying: I don't have a backup.

Please help!

cmhphotog

Oct 10, 2013
Well it's been a while since I broke a phone, so here I am!.... again :rolleyes:

LS980. TWRP Rooted. Failed CM. Now stuck in boot loop.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I have latest LG drivers. Phone can boot into recovery but nothing else. I cannot boot into LG's "Download Mode". I can get into the "Hard Recovery Mode" which doesn't work anyway (Vol Up + Power). From recovery I can select to wipe cash and data and I can select to install from sdcard (no cards on this thing) or from ADB. When selecting ADB and trying to sideload stuff to it, it tries to load but always fails. If I try to push stuff it always comes back :closed

I cannot access any form of Fastboot. All i can do is let is loop or enter recovery. Since it seems to be the only thing I can access, can someone please assist me in what I should be trying to sideload that might get me a step further? I cannot fastboot so anything there isn't an option. Seemingly all I can try to do is sideload something. What... I'm not really sure. And no :crying: I don't have a backup.

Please help!

I am on verizon. Had this happen to me once. Are you SURE you are hitting the buttons at the right time for download? I have never heard of this failing..on any phone. I would almost bet it's accessible and you aren't hitting it in time..maybe? Good luck!

amphillips82277

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta (Brookhaven)
do you have the LG mobile support tool? If so we can use it to get past this, I did it once recently on my G2. If you still need assistance just say so..

I have the exact same issue....I have even used LGFlash tool and I still get the bootloop....it's almost like I my EFS is missing?...my SPC is "null", no MDN, MIN, nothing...PLEASE help....I haven't had a phone in over a week!:crying::mad::eek:

I failed to mention it boots to FTM Mode, shuts down, reboots....repeatedly

Last edited:

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
Hey so when you try adb sideload it starts up then fails? Have you tried just pushing to recovery with adb also? Universal drivers? Sorry for all the questions just trying to help

Dagroth

Jun 16, 2011
I am on verizon. Had this happen to me once. Are you SURE you are hitting the buttons at the right time for download? I have never heard of this failing..on any phone. I would almost bet it's accessible and you aren't hitting it in time..maybe? Good luck!

You were right, I was doing it wrong. Once I got into download mode it went easy.

Response to others, I found that if I held vol down by itself long enough, the phone would stop bootlooping and shut off. I could then properly go into download mode.

Thanks for the help

geosnipe

Mar 7, 2011
RVA
still need help

I have the exact same issue....I have even used LGFlash tool and I still get the bootloop....it's almost like I my EFS is missing?...my SPC is "null", no MDN, MIN, nothing...PLEASE help....I haven't had a phone in over a week!:crying::mad::eek:

1. Hold the power button until the device is OFF.
2. Download LG drivers to the PC (LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1) and LG mobile support tool (B2CAppSetup).
3. Install these packages.
4. Plug in you USB cable into the phone but not the computer.
5. Hold volume up and insert the USB cable to the PC- the phone should boot to 'download mode'.
6. Open the support tool and click Options>Upgrade Recovery, follow the prompts.
7. At the first prompt indentify your phone using IMEI/ESN, then click OK
8. Let it do its thing, the phone will reboot and most likely have a bunch of error messages and some FC's. Just hit okay to all messages, the phone will settle after 2 minutes or so.
9. Download freegee from market and reflash recovery of your choice.
10. Make sure you have a ROM saved to the SD to flash
11. Use freegee to reboot to recovery
12. Once in recovery you can reflash the ROM as normal.
13. Reboot and Profit!
*$* Or you could go back to Stock and start fresh!
*$* BEFORE ANY FLASH ALWAYS STOP and MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!

Good Luck and if you get stuck let me know :)

Last edited:

jseibert81

Mar 31, 2012
Similar issue

I'm stuck in bootloop, no custom recovery or root. All data has been deleted. I have tried the LG support tool, but it locks up. It also tells me my device is a test model, something bad has happened. I can get into download mode but can't flash stock, via the flash tool. It says wrong device, and at the download screen where my phone says rooted it says the model is a D802! Somehow this info got jacked up! I can almost make it through the D802 flash but it fails also. I only did that to confirm my suspicion that the phone thinks its a different model. I'm open to anything, I've tried it all.

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com

that's what mine did even the tech at the sprint store couldn't fix it they replaced it with this ☟

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jseibert81

Mar 31, 2012
that's what mine did even the tech at the sprint store couldn't fix it they replaced it with this ☟

I think that's my only option. The Note? That's quite the trade off. One last question, did you say rooted at the download screen even though it wasn't?

Last edited:

jseibert81

Mar 31, 2012
do you have the LG mobile support tool? If so we can use it to get past this, I did it once recently on my G2. If you still need assistance just say so..

How? My phone only boots to download or stock recovery. What mode does the phone need to be in for the tool to work? I can get the process started but the tool locks up every time.

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
I think that's my only option. The Note? That's quite the trade off. One last question, did you say rooted at the download screen even though it wasn't?

it still said rooted ... I told the tech straight up it was my fault and mentioned I wished I had gotten the n3 and he said it was on the list as an approved replacement I was stoked

cmhphotog

Oct 10, 2013
You were right, I was doing it wrong. Once I got into download mode it went easy.

Response to others, I found that if I held vol down by itself long enough, the phone would stop bootlooping and shut off. I could then properly go into download mode.
Thanks for the help

Awesome. Glad to help.