[q] can not copy nandroid backup from pc to internal memory

Search This thread

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
this is my second note 3. first one rooted it tripped knox warrenty, installed philz cwm anf flashed kitkat 4.4.2. everything was great for a few weeks till I done 2 nandroid backups. I tried to move them to pc which was not a problem, but when I came to delete them from internal memory they would not delete I believe due to the write protection enable. so long story short got phone replaced under warrenty even with knox tripped (lomg story). I just flashed kitkt 4.4 and rooted my device and flashed philz cwm, I came to copy my last nandroid backup to internal memory to do a restore and it wont let me. it says this device is no longer connected. but I can go into any other directory and copy it. can somebody plz help????????????

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
this is my second note 3. first one rooted it tripped knox warrenty, installed philz cwm anf flashed kitkat 4.4.2. everything was great for a few weeks till I done 2 nandroid backups. I tried to move them to pc which was not a problem, but when I came to delete them from internal memory they would not delete I believe due to the write protection enable. so long story short got phone replaced under warrenty even with knox tripped (lomg story). I just flashed kitkt 4.4 and rooted my device and flashed philz cwm, I came to copy my last nandroid backup to internal memory to do a restore and it wont let me. it says this device is no longer connected. but I can go into any other directory and copy it. can somebody plz help????????????

If I were you I would do a nandroid backup onto an external SD, that way in case I can't boot and push files into the phone's internal storage, I will always be able to restore from extSD.

Reactions: shotgun1976

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
So cause i got a new phone even thou its still a note 3 n9005. It has a diffrent id? When i lot titainium backup it says would you like to restore previous phone id. Would that fix it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
Thats an easy fix. I just copy internal memory to pc and recopy everything but my nandroid backups.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
So cause i got a new phone even thou its still a note 3 n9005. It has a diffrent id? When i lot titainium backup it says would you like to restore previous phone id. Would that fix it?

Never restore Device A's Nandroid on Device B. It will brick.

You can use a Play Store app to extract parts of a Nandroid to your device without bricking.

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks nicholaschum for the good advice. What play store app can I use?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If I were you I would do a nandroid backup onto an external SD, that way in case I can't boot and push files into the phone's internal storage, I will always be able to restore from extSD.
    You shod use with the best recovery TWRP
    really best

sent from my SM-N900
    Your asking for trouble!
    Your backup is for a different phone,the hardware will have different id's etc.

In short,don't even bother.
    Thanks nicholaschum for the good advice. What play store app can I use?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.bkrestore

Apps like these...