[ROM][ARC/ARC S] Arconium ICS 5.0 - "Woop!" [FW:587][1 Nov]

Search This thread

marcong

Jun 20, 2010
Can i use another basebands like 64 or 56 with this rom? My arc lost the signal network some time after update to Android 4.0 :mad:

Ivanprskalo

Aug 27, 2011
Ljubuški
Can i use another basebands like 64 or 56 with this rom? My arc lost the signal network some time after update to Android 4.0 :mad:

I am losing signal as well sometimes with this new 70 baseband, especialy when phone is in pocket and not used, then when I turn screen ON, I see that little red x on siglan strenght bars and yelow triangle in nottification tray that says: service unavailable.. This (almost) never happen to me when I was on GB arconium with 36 baseband and DoomKernel, but I guess someone will find workarround... either way, it doesn't bother me a lot...
I have read somewhere that this works on other basebands (64, 56 even 36...) but I am unwilling to try this because of lazyness and because now everything works fine for me.
I am on arconium 2.1 with Stock+CMW kernel and this works just fine for me.

There is one thing I want to share with you guys, but majority of you may allready know that: Set CPU app isn't working properly with this ROM on ICS. It seem that app looses SU privileges and/or asks for it too often. Consequence of this is that cpu and all OS is anoyed all the time by that interaction or loop if that word fits here...
For excelent results I use (for) now No-Frills CPU controll app - and I highly recomend it to everyone. It may not have profiles, nor ease of acces via nottification tray but it gets job done and after seting lowest and highest cpu speed, governor and scheduler it never asks again for superuser rights.
Once over or under clocked this ROM behaves much more smooth and snapy.
I am aware that almost all have heared about No-Frills long time ago (at least I have) but I guess there are still out there few users who aren't and also some of them who use SetCPU only because they have pay for it...
(btw. I have underclocked mine min368-max806 MHz, performance and deadline - with that I have fine performance and excelent battery life: I have now 62% of battery and I am already over 17h on this charge... so two days, easily without heavy data usage for browsing and gaming a lot...)

Reactions: marcong

Coolgoly

Dec 18, 2011
Torino
Doomed i think that could be amazing if you could release an Arconium version with dialer,messaging and contacts locked in memory by default.
Supercharger bulletproof app in ICS is a little hard to configure.

Reactions: Sillva and hrki

X-Droidinary

Jan 22, 2012
NSW
What I mean is that whenever I connect my phone to my pc it says 'SD card connected to PC'. When I was on stock fw it used to connect in MTP mode and now it doesn't and I can't changed it even though it's set to connect in MTP mode. When I try using adb shell it say device not connected when it is. So what has happened to make it for that?

Sent from Noah's Arc using Tapatalk 2.0.2

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
I changed to MTP mode and it connected with MTP flawlessly. Did you try on a clean install?

adb works fine too. If it's already enabled in Developer Options, make sure you have the drivers installed properly.

X-Droidinary

Jan 22, 2012
NSW
Yes I did a clean install but I might have to do it again by the looks of things.

Sent from Noah's Arc using Tapatalk 2.0.2

X-Droidinary

Jan 22, 2012
NSW
I just reinstalled you're ROM, saved what i needed from my sd card, partitioned it, then I thought i'd see if it has fixed my problem by connecting the usb cable and I still see it saying sd card connected to pc. I made sure I did a factory reset and also prior to using aroma I wiped all the caches. Not sure what's going on but i've had this problem since the first time I install 2.2.

flippy12

Dec 10, 2010
I just reinstalled you're ROM, saved what i needed from my sd card, partitioned it, then I thought i'd see if it has fixed my problem by connecting the usb cable and I still see it saying sd card connected to pc. I made sure I did a factory reset and also prior to using aroma I wiped all the caches. Not sure what's going on but i've had this problem since the first time I install 2.2.
I think that you have the same problem that I had:
- Before ICS, when you connected usb cable, nothing happend (except to charge the battery). You had to choose the option MTP in the toolbar to access the SDcard since the PC.
- With ICS, when you plug the cable, the SDCard is automatically connected to your PC (if you choosen MTP in the default option), even you didn't select anything to connect it.
If like me, you're using a widget to connect the SDcard, and don't want to have an automatic connection when plugging it...
You can try this operation: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607650
Remark: if you don't have such widget, it doesn't correspond to that you're searching...

MrBauer

Aug 28, 2010
Is it possible to disable the LED's that separate the back, home and menu buttons? When I'm using my phone in the dark they annoy me for some reason.

sebek_d

Oct 19, 2007
Just discovered an issue: After using a ROM for few days I´ve started experiencing issues with Digital Clock Widget. When it happens you can notice that time on Widget differs from the one on status bar, gets stuck on widget. If you try to remove and add the widget again it doesnt show time anymore until the next reboot. I think it happens when phone goes to sleep, the clock on the widget stops sync with system clock.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Just discovered an issue: After using a ROM for few days I´ve started experiencing issues with Digital Clock Widget. When it happens you can notice that time on Widget differs from the one on status bar, gets stuck on widget. If you try to remove and add the widget again it doesnt show time anymore until the next reboot. I think it happens when phone goes to sleep, the clock on the widget stops sync with system clock.

Just noticed in Apps that the whole Digital Clock app size in "all" was on 53MB after cleaning the data on the digital clock time appears on the widget but seems to still not synchronizing with system clock. Any idea what could cause it?

X-Droidinary

Jan 22, 2012
NSW
***UPDATE***

I flashed back to stock GB and connected usb cable and the result was MTP mode works. Flashed back to 2.2 and what do you know? Same problem. It keeps connecting the SD card instead of MTP mode. I think this needs to be fix cos it causes problems for me and I don't think I'd be the only one experiencing this.

***EDIT***

Maps keeps force closing.

Last edited:
L

LeParkour012

***UPDATE***

I flashed back to stock GB and connected usb cable and the result was MTP mode works. Flashed back to 2.2 and what do you know? Same problem. It keeps connecting the SD card instead of MTP mode. I think this needs to be fix cos it causes problems for me and I don't think I'd be the only one experiencing this.

***EDIT***

Maps keeps force closing.

No problems for me. Goto Settings>Xperia>Connectivity>USB Connection Mode and change the settings there. What kernel are you using btw?

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

X-Droidinary

Jan 22, 2012
NSW
No problems for me. Goto Settings>Xperia>Connectivity>USB Connection Mode and change the settings there. What kernel are you using btw?

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

DooMKernel ICS v4

I have settings to connect in MTP mode. I did a clean install so by default it should use those settings like it does with stock GB.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arconium ICS

A user-customizable lightweight ROM stripped of bloatwares based on the official ICS update for arc (LT15i) and arc S (LT18i). Now with AROMA Installer.

Screenshots

rwTS
    rwU1
    rwU8

rwUg
    rwUl

Recomended Configuration

Changelog

5.0 (1 Nov)
    • Rebased to 4.1.B.0.587.
    • Updated some third party apps.
    • Fixed build.prop for LT18i not showing Arconium ICS 4.X in About phone.
    • Removed software rendering support due to insufficient testing.
    • Adjusted tweaks, system should be more responsive
    • Updated to latest APN list from CM10

4.0 (14 June)
    • Rebased to official 4.1.B.0.431.
    • Deodexed framework.
    • Moved apks from /vendor/app to /system/app.
    • SuperCharged services.jar.
    • Updated most apps.
    • Camcorder records stereo audio.

2.4 (15 May)
    • Fixed broken WiFi on stock kernel.
    • Applied status bar patch. Thanks to darebak666 for pointing it out.
    Your phone will be slow for a minute after booting in this version due to SQL optimization running in the background.

2.3 (15 May)
    • Updated following apps:
      • Facebook.
      • Titanium Backup.
      • Twitter.
      • No-frills CPU Control.
    • Added following apps:
      • Adobe Flash Player.
      • Adobe Reader.
      • Equalizer.
    • Improved battery life.
    • Included status bar mod by Darkfunnyguy.
    • Improved scrolling smoothness. Thanks to tkymgr for the patch.
    • Attempt to lock messaging, contacts and phone into memory.
    • Improved connectivity performance.
    List on second post has been updated.

2.2 (26 Apr)
    • AROMA Installer 2.0.
    • Streamlined customizations.
    • Updated following apps:
      • SuperSU.
      • Street View.
      • Titanium Backup.
      • Facebook.
    • Changed SD card readahead to 1024 KB.
    • Minor changes to VM management.

2.1a (24 Apr)
    • Small fix in updater-script.
    • ROM version is still 2.1.

2.1 (23 Apr)
    • Different build.prop for LT15i (arc) and LT18i (arc S).
    • Only install "Performance assistant" if either "FB Inside Xperia and Timescape" or "ANT+" or both are installed.
    • Added DSP Manager.
    • Sync and SIM Tookit is now optional.
    • Fixed derp in updater-script.
    • Recalibrated touch in AROMA.
    • Added camera mod by hansip87.
    • Ability to move dalvik-cache to /system partition (saves a lot of space on /data). Highly experimental, only for advanced users.
    List on second post has been updated.

2.0 (22 Apr)
    • Integrated AROMA Installer. Refer to the post below for a list of customizable items.
    • Added various useful apps during installation.
    • Updated system apps.
    • Improved VM management.

1.1 (18 Apr)
    • Adjusted tweaks and added some new ones.
    • Updated system apps.
    • Deodexed framework (WARNING: Might break compatibility with themes).

1.0 (15 Apr)
    • Rebase to final official ROM.
    • Rooted with Superuser 3.0.7.
    • BusyBox 1.19.3.
    • Updated system apps.
    • Removed bloatware.
    • Tweaked.

Credits

DooMLoRD - zdzihu - cobrato - Bin4ry - iridaki - ShyamSasi - zeppelinrox - amarullz - hansip87 - tkymgr - Darkfunnyguy

I'll consider requests and report any problems you find.
    I'm not asking for any but if you want to donate, I'll be very grateful.
    Downloads

Main ROM
    update-Arconium-ICS-5.0.zip (189 MB)
    Mirrors: MediaFire

! Attention ROM devs/chefs !
    Please do NOT use any of my customized scripts for your own release. Using them as reference is fine though.

Known Issues for 5.0

• Touch controls might not work in AROMA Installer.
    • As with stock ICS, phone/contacts may take a while to start for the first time after boot.
    • If you didn't do a full wipe when coming from 4.1.B.0.431, you might have problems deleting bloatware.

Troubleshooting

• Flash the corresponding modules from the kernel you use (unless "modules included" is written) to make sure WiFi works properly.
    • If touch doesn't work in AROMA Installer, you can use hardware keys to navigate (like CWM).

Installation

1. Copy update zip to SD card.
    2. Flash a suitable baseband using FlashTool.
    3. Flash one of the listed kernels or any compatible ones.
    4. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
    5. Flash zip package.
    6. Follow on-screen instructions.
    7. Reboot.

List of Customizable Items for 5.0

Required:
    • Xperia arc or
    • Xperia arc S.
    • Superuser or
    • SuperSU.
    Applications:
    • Facebook.
    • Talk.
    • Twitter.
    • Adobe Reader.
    • Adobe Flash Player.
    Tools:
    • Explorer.
    • No-frills CPU Control.
    • Titanium Backup.
    • DSP Manager.
    • SIM Toolkit.
    • Equalizer.
    Add-ons:
    • Facebook inside Xperia™ and Timescape.
    • ANT+.
    • Sync.
    • Stock sounds and ringtones.
    • Live wallpapers.
    • Xperia™ Wallpapers.
    • Sony Widgets.
    Advanced:
    • Factory reset / wipe data.
    • Dalvik-cache on /system.
    Arconium ICS 3.a
    • Based on 4.1.B.0.431-zdzihu (Android 4.0.4).
    • Added safe tweaks. More to be added later after testing.
    • Rooted with Superuser and BusyBox v1.19.3.
    • Patched framework.jar to support software rendering.

3.b
    • Optimized startup sequence. Now less likely to freeze during boot.
    • Enabled software rendering by default.

3.c
    • AROMA Installer customizations are back!
    • Overall system performance improvement.
    • Applied SystemUI background fix.

update-Arconium-ICS-3.c_AROMA.zip (186 MB / 27 May)
    EDIT: Almost forgot this, a full wipe is highly recommended if you're coming from 4.1.A.0.562 (2.x) releases.

Happy testing.
    Arconium ICS 4.0 is released. Sorry for the delays guys, I've been super busy with a lot of stuff.

@doomed151

Any chance to have AD2SDX mod in the next release ? Will be awesome
    I'll look into it, perhaps in the next update?
    Arconium ICS 5.0 is out! I'm really sorry for the late release, I've been real busy with real life stuff. Anyways, here's the changelog:
    - Rebased to 4.1.B.0.587.
    - Updated third party apps.
    - Fixed build.prop for LT18i not showing correct version in About phone.
    - Removed software rendering support due to insufficient testing.
    - Adjusted tweaks, system should be more responsive
    - Updated to latest APN list from CM10​

Before you start flashing: Keep in mind that this release is untested by me but it should work. Always make a backup beforehand in case I did a major ****up in this release.

Last but not least, thanks to those who volunteered for testing the 5.0 pre-release:
    • 1stichiban
    • shadow532
    • tomatos
    • justkiddinghere
    • ajgftw
    • Patambiz
    • rec71
    • n3n00
    • Overdose1986

Links and everything else are on the first page. If you encounter any issues, post away and I'll see to it later. Have fun!