Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319219753072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319219753072.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 227

Bizzle58

Oct 20, 2011
Screenshot

So I had just registered when I first posted in this thread, now I am finally able to post screenshots!

I will continue to add my splash images here as I create them, (if thats okay with the mods)

here is the splash page I threw together as a tester for my first make. Give me more ideas you want for me to practice with! I'm not creative enough to come up with them by myself.

I've attached the zip's at the bottom of this post! Caro2Panthers.zip refers to the second panthers splash listed here:
BizzleSplash1.jpg
HTCSplash11.jpg
NCPanthers1-1.jpg
blueblonde.jpg
Evolution.jpg
Caro2Panthers.jpg

Attachments

• HTCSplash1.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 13
  • blueblonde.zip
    162.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Evolution.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CaroPanthers.zip
    244.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Caro2Panther.zip
    125.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
That image has the status bar at the top and is only 120x200. I can make it but it will look terrible! can you save the image to your phone then post it on here? dont take screen shot.

Ill try to find something close lol its at the opening of the Carolina panthers app. I search for it though

Bizzle58

Oct 20, 2011

Attachments

• NCpanthers.zip
    243.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
@ Bizzle58. Here is a helpful tip for you. See about fading out the reflection. It would look much better. As an example, the HTC Inspire 4G looks good except for the reflection layer being too prominent. The opacity should not be that high and it should fade away. Nice job on these. :)

Bizzle58

Oct 20, 2011
@ Bizzle58. Here is a helpful tip for you. See about fading out the reflection. It would look much better. As an example, the HTC Inspire 4G looks good except for the reflection layer being too prominent. The opacity should not be that high and it should fade away. Nice job on these. :)

Yea I actually undertook these splash screens as much needed practice for my photoshop skills. I've been trying to get tthe reflections down. thanks for the tip

Bizzle58

Oct 20, 2011
Well ronin, guess I gotta go fix my last HTC splash's reflections now also. haha

EDIT: I updated the photobucket image and am on the way to uploading the zips to my original post (pg 29). I guess ill continue to add my splashs there as I make them. any one else want one done let me know!

Last edited:

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
NCPanthers.jpg

This is it, if you want something changed let me know. I attached the ZIP if you like it. Put it on your sd card, rename it PD98IMG.zip and flash like a radio.

Thank you! Is there any way to make it just say Carolina panthers?:) sorry to be so picky:(...and could u do this one too? Please!:) with Carolina panthers as well:D thank u!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319693120788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319693120788.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 175

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Technically, yes. You can use them as a boot animation with some work, but these are still pictures. Nothing is animated so you would simply see the picture there for the whole time the phone is booting. It would be a boot picture just like the boot splash.

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
Technically, yes. You can use them as a boot animation with some work, but these are still pictures. Nothing is animated so you would simply see the picture there for the whole time the phone is booting. It would be a boot picture just like the boot splash.

Is there a thread for boot animations? I've looked but haven't had any success in finding one..lol thanks for such a quick response!

Edit: nvm found it! Lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post and share your Splash Images here!!!

Requests: All requests WILL be fulfilled. Once done, the flashable zip file will be PM'd to you directly, and shared on my Flikr account with direct download links in the description.

My Splash work: Can be found >>> here <<<
    **The direct download link for each Splash image, is in the description.

***Check out hyun18's work! It can be found HERE***

Don't forget to click THANKS if you like my work, or I have been helpful to you.

How to install using FLASHABLE ZIP
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. Place the PD98IMG.zip on the root of your SD card
    3. Reboot to BOOTLOADER
    4. Once the bootloader reads the zip, press VOLUME UP to apply
    5. Reboot and enjoy.

How to install using ADB, with ENG S-OFF bootloader
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. If the file is in ZIP format, extract the "splash1.img" file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.
    3. Connect your phone your PC
    4. Reboot your phone to FASTBOOT mode.
    5. From ADB, within the TOOLS folder, type the following:
    Code:
    fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
    6. Once this is done, reboot and enjoy.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Instructions to make your own flashable Splash Image
    Step 1. Make your image. (Dimensions are 480x800)
    Step 2. Save as a 24bit Bitmap, named "splash1.bmp"
    Step 3. Copy this Bitmap to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package
    Step 4. From ADB, within the TOOLS directory, type the following
    Code:
    nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 480 -h 800
    Step 5. Take your newly made nb image, and rename the extension to ".img"
    Step 6. Grab this blank PD98IMG file from here. THANK MUDKNOT FOR THIS blank file.
    Step 7. Right click the zip file and select "open archive"
    Step 8. Copy your newly made splash1.img file to this zip file.
    Step 9. Flash. :)

Attached is the nbimg needed to do this. Just extract the zip file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.

Thanks to mudknot2005 for the Blank PD98IMG file. Go HERE and click "thanks" to thank him for making this happen for us. :-D
    You have a different phone then the Inspire/DHD, so it probably uses a different file name other than PD98IMG. The script inside to flash the file is also probably different. I would not use these files for your phone. Post the splash that you wanted and I will try to research what the Evo uses.

Edit: Still researching this. As I do not have an Evo I want to make sure I find the correct way to do it. So far no luck in finding what the correct script should be inside the folder.
    BeatsCandy

Ladys and Gentleman, I present to you "Beats Candy". A splash screen based off of Beats audio and Skullcandy.

This is only part of my new theme to come to an Inspire near you!
    Here is mine.

All credit for the original image goes to mudknott2005.
    The base image was from one of his boot animation

Here is the link for my correlating boot animation
    I wanted to see if one of you could make this image into a splash screen for Adam who makes the TBGB ROM. If you could that would be great, thanks.

here you go