[ROM][ODIN][KE3 & KF1] Official Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Captivate

Search This thread

SynGamer

Dec 1, 2010
Toronto
I just flashed this and upon rebooting it's asking for a password. I tried the one in the OP but it's not working...

dartdc97

Jul 18, 2009
i was running continuum 4.1 froyo when i originally tried odin 1.0 to get back to jf6 but i got a freeze at sbl.bin. now i am soft bricked.. i can get to download and i am trying to use this package to reflash, but i am getting a fail every time at boot.bin when using 1.3 and 1.7. i dont know what else to try, any suggestions??

Last edited:

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
i was running continuum 4.1 froyo when i originally tried odin 1.0 to get back to jf6 but i got a freeze at sbl.bin. now i am soft bricked.. i can get to download and i am trying to use this package to reflash, but i am getting a fail every time at boot.bin when using 1.3 and 1.7. i dont know what else to try, any suggestions??

Search for "safe jf6" you don't need to be flashing bootloaders once you have gingerbread boot loaders (I recommend captivate gb bl over the i9000 ones), and they are backward compatible. sbl is the secondary boot loader, and a fail on it or the primary boot loader can = a hard brick. safe jf6 contains no boot loaders.

I also recommend the kh3 build as well lol, though I did run kf1 for a while.

dartdc97

Jul 18, 2009
No need to search, check my sig. Jf6 and kf1 safe (no bootloaders). And if you need bootloaders, I got those too.

well previously my phone was getting into download mode by holding vol up/down and plugging in usb. i tried ur link using odin and the i897 bl's, and got a bit further down the line (got past boot.bin to sbl.bin) only to have it freeze again at sbl.bin, only this time my phones screen turned blue. now, i can no longer use that method of getting to download mode... im getting no response at all. what could have happened? is there another method of getting to download mode or should i just consider it hard bricked at this point and look for another solution, like sending it in? i have never not been able to get into dl mode until i tried this method

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I see the official then gingerbread words and my hopes for miui getting great battery life skyrocket.

47c5a5d9-51ab-8e0c.jpg

Sent from the miui matrix SGH-i897

+100,000,000 thats what im waiting for, im only on KH3 now cuz im qt school and cant access a charger when i need to, so for now im stock.... :/

Sent from my Stock KH3/4 2.3.4 Captivate using the XDA Premium App!

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
well previously my phone was getting into download mode by holding vol up/down and plugging in usb. i tried ur link using odin and the i897 bl's, and got a bit further down the line (got past boot.bin to sbl.bin) only to have it freeze again at sbl.bin, only this time my phones screen turned blue. now, i can no longer use that method of getting to download mode... im getting no response at all. what could have happened? is there another method of getting to download mode or should i just consider it hard bricked at this point and look for another solution, like sending it in? i have never not been able to get into dl mode until i tried this method

Try using a jig. I've saw my screen turn blue when using Odin, which caused a soft brick. Ended up using a different computer, which finished flashing.
Try this
Pull the battery on the phone
Restart your computer
Open Odin, put the PDA.tar.md5 file in the pda slot.
Plug USB into the back of the computer (port1 on a laptop)
Put battery back in phone (put the cover back on it too)
Hold volume up and down at the same time (don't try adding the power button as some would recommend)
Plug in the USB cable to the phone.
Verify that Odin sees your phone.
Click start.

Last edited:

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
^
See the One Click Master Collection stickied thread in this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to SamFirmware there are now TWO official Captivate Gingerbread 2.3.3 leaks.

I897UCKE3 - Build date of May 26, 2011

I897UCKF1 - Build date of June 8, 2011

password for both is samfirmware.com

Neither of these have been tested by me so I cannot confirm their stability or quality of build, but hey, official Captivate gingerbread. Means AT&T is going to push out an update to us for real at some point which means more goodies.

So here they are in all their (assumedly) bloaty goodness from AT&T.

EDIT: At least KF1 comes with new bootloaders. If they are anything like I suspect, they are Captivate equivalents of the gingerbread bootloaders for i9000.

EDIT 2: Make sure to use both the included ODIN 1.81 and the new S1JE4.pit file or else there seems to be a possibility of bricking (cannot confirm as I'm unable to test this on my way out the door to work).
    ok so I have the error "Firmware upgrade fail!" try using recover mode
    ive tried all ways to get into recovery as well as download mode.

Any input please?
    Do you have the new phone and computer screen ?
    If yes, that serves as download mode, odin again from there.
    I'll be making an odin-1-click when I get home. It will take a bit to upload it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

One-Clicker complete...testing now on my own phone to make sure it works.
    UCKF1 mediafire mirror, original file as in OP, same password

http://www.mediafire.com/?44yt4bs3y8h7i98
    I've mirrored both packages onto my rapidshare account. It's set though so there is no waiting. It's a direct link.

https://rapidshare.com/files/326881082/I897UCKE3.rar
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2800568770/I897UCKF1.rar

I don't think there is a speed cap either this way. Identical file to the op.