• 3.0.31 (from Build 1 and higher)

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rajag33

Hover got removed from the official Carbon sources. So @Flo0008 can't bring it back with newer builds. If you are a die-hard fan of hover, then you can switch to build 19 which contains all the goodness of carbon along with hover.

We all should thank dear @Flo0008 for continuing development even after switching to a new device. He respects our passion towards this Rom.

Last edited:

buffer overflow

Jul 3, 2014
Mangalia
Settings > Performace and change de CPU just moving the button of max/min.After that , enable Apply automatically on boot and reboot.I donțt recomand to change CPU speed for maximum... :)

Reactions: vanhvincent

saumar

May 9, 2013
@Flo0008
Sorry for bothering you mate,but last build {13-Sep} it's broken in someway..random reboots are continuous...I can't figure out how to stop them...first day phone reboot every now and then,so I've just performed a format system,flash Rom,GApps,wipe cache and dalvik and rebooted,after that,reboots are decreased,but since yesterday they're back even more frequently,so I've tried to change governors,schedulers and min/max frequencies...unfortunately reboots were increased a lot,then I've restored a previous backup of 27 Aug build..now it's stable again...what could be happened??

OT: what about the school,how is it going bro?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070

willi9070

May 24, 2013
all those having issues with the latest build, i suggest to flash build released prior to latest as, no major overhaul has been made in the latest one, so use the earlier working build,

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
all those having issues with the latest build, i suggest to flash build released prior to latest as, no major overhaul has been made in the latest one, so use the earlier working build,
Hmm
Why u have issues with any rom ?
I am using build 21 with odemand/deadline and 1100 mhz and i am not expiring any re-boots !!!

My opinion about that room :
Faster than TC's CM 11.
More fluind than CM 11.
Battery live seem worst than CM 11 but i hope this wont be a true.
Soooo much features and costomalizations.
And best benchark scores.

Good job Flooo.
I hope u can add some new grovenors/shreders to this kernel.

Wysłane z Carbon-fonika 4.4.4 ...

pururava

Jun 29, 2012
ahmedabad
Hi guys, i am using build from aug 27...i notice heavy battery drain n phone heating when 3G internet is connected..

I have tried different cpu frequencies,diff governors,i/o schedulers to make sure it doesnt have anything to do wid those things..

Also used cpu monitor n wakelock detector to check any bad corrupt app...nothing there...

Only cause for these issues i can find is 3g mobile data...

By observing closely for 3-4 days...i can enlist following scenarios...

1)phone in sleep mode at night...3g net OFF...(calling is on..just net turned off)---->battery consumption is 1-2%/1 hour..

2)phone in sleep mode with 3g net kept ON---->battert consumption is 10-15%/1 hour..

So even if i sleep witb
h 60-70% battery at night...in morning phone ll have critical battery or shut down all together n i have to rush for charger immediatly after waking up...

Now,main important scenarios r number 3 & 4...

3)phone active...with minimal net usage in whatsapp chat or basic surfing in opera mini
..phone heats up n battery consumption is 40-50%/1 hour...

4)phone active with heavy downloading...phone becomes too hot to touch....battery consumption is 60-70%/1 hour...
5)phone active but net off...playing games or wat ching videos...phone doesnt heat up...battery consumption...15-20%/1 hour...

So taking all things into consideration...internet seems only culprit here..

I can tolerate battery drain by staying near charger...but this phone heating issue is too terrible...

I dont remember this kind of drain n heating occuring in CM11 by team canjica...

Can somebody please help??

saumar

May 9, 2013
Hi guys, i am using build from aug 27...i notice heavy battery drain n phone heating when 3G internet is connected..

I have tried different cpu frequencies,diff governors,i/o schedulers to make sure it doesnt have anything to do wid those things..

Also used cpu monitor n wakelock detector to check any bad corrupt app...nothing there...

Only cause for these issues i can find is 3g mobile data...

By observing closely for 3-4 days...i can enlist following scenarios...

1)phone in sleep mode at night...3g net OFF...(calling is on..just net turned off)---->battery consumption is 1-2%/1 hour..

2)phone in sleep mode with 3g net kept ON---->battert consumption is 10-15%/1 hour..

So even if i sleep witb
h 60-70% battery at night...in morning phone ll have critical battery or shut down all together n i have to rush for charger immediatly after waking up...

Now,main important scenarios r number 3 & 4...

3)phone active...with minimal net usage in whatsapp chat or basic surfing in opera mini
..phone heats up n battery consumption is 40-50%/1 hour...

4)phone active with heavy downloading...phone becomes too hot to touch....battery consumption is 60-70%/1 hour...
5)phone active but net off...playing games or wat ching videos...phone doesnt heat up...battery consumption...15-20%/1 hour...

So taking all things into consideration...internet seems only culprit here..

I can tolerate battery drain by staying near charger...but this phone heating issue is too terrible...

I dont remember this kind of drain n heating occuring in CM11 by team canjica...

Can somebody please help??

Only one question...how old is your battery?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070

Reactions: buffer overflow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Carbon-Nightly-ROM-Nexus-5.jpg

ABOUT:

* This thread is about the Unofficial Build of Carbon Rom Kitkat *

WHAT IS CARBON-ROM:

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code.
    We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes.
    For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
    All features of CarbonRom here

DOWNLOADS:

Download Carbon-Rom: Mediafire | Dev-Host | AndroidFileHost | MEGA | HUBDROID
    Download 4.4.2 GApps: here

CREDITS AND THANKS

- CARBON ROM TEAM for the awesome Rom
    - TEAM P8 for being here for me all the time
    - J - TEAM for all their work source changes
    - TEAM CANJICA for the device source and kernel

- XPERIA STE AND HUBDROID for Jenkins and their great build and host servers and for beeing such great guys

INSTALLATION:

FIRST INSTALLATION OF THIS ROM:

* Make a backup of your previous Rom
    * Download the Rom and the GApps
    * Move the downloads to your SD-Card
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Do a Factory Reset, Wipe Chache and Dalvik Chache
    * Flash the Rom and then the GApps package
    * Reboot the system
    * Enjoy your Carbon Rom

UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION:

* Download the Rom-Update
    * Move the download to your SD-card
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Do a factory reset, wipe chache and dalvik chache
    * Flash the Rom and the GApps
    * Reboot the system
    * Enjoy your fresh Carbon Rom Update

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom Kitkat [janice][4.4.4] ★ [Final], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070

Contributors
    Flo0008
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.1.2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20140619
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-19
    Current Beta Version: Build 8
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-22

Created 2014-02-14
    Last Updated 2014-10-27
    New update build 5

Hey guys, do you know how late it is? It is update time xDD

I promised you to bring a new update this weekend, here is it now ;)

VERSION: Carbon_Janice_KK-4.4.2_Build5_28.02.14

CHANGES:
    • Latest Carbon Sources
    • Latest Android 4.4 KitKat KVT 49L
    • Apollo Music player added
    • Launcher Settings working
    • Root working (without flashing SU)
    • Art working
    • Advanced Reboot working
    DOWNLOAD:

You can download the new build on my Mediafire account: here

SOMETHING ELSE:

BUG REPORTS: here please
    REVIEWS: here please

MERGE INFO:The Carbon Rom Team will import all features of their awesome Carbon 4.3.1 Rom Version. But you have to be patient, this needs lots of time. This means not all features from Carbon 4.3.1 or older are on Carbon 4.4.2 yet.

If you like the new BUILD 5, perhaps you can press the thanks button :)

Yours, Flo
    UPDATE

Hey guys!! I am back again, and surely the Rom with me ... All exams are gone so far (only next one the really last one), my VirtualMachine is
    set up again, and finally I managed to compile a new version right now ... It was a hard way with lots of changes. I sit in front of
    the pc today already around 8 hours, all the time happened build errors and so on ... but finally, I managed to solve them all and here
    is it, the new, long expected build:

MILESTONE: CarbonKK-20140619

A CLEAN INSTALLATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

See the whole changelog in the second post ;) It was a hard way to change all this things, but I am happy
    the work is finished yet :D

There were lots of changes to do, see them all in the changelog of the second post ...

Sorry again guys for so long no update, and thank you so much for your continuous patience ...

I really hope you enjoy the new build,

Regards, Flo ;)

If you like it, please press the thanks button :D Thanks!!!
    New update build 7

Hi everybody!

It is time for a new update ... Build 7 is uploading (uploaded)

Changes:
    • Sources up to date
    • Swyping works now -> 100 %
    • Wifi should work now without any problem (thanks @Chirag_Galani)
    • 3.0.31 Kernel is back (no 3.0.101 kernel anymore)
    • Home Screen settings are working
    • Experimental fix for Low-Incoming Call Volume
    • ART working
    • Directly Reboot to recovery or to download mode (Advanced Reboot) works fine
    • Root should be fixed, too

All fixes are noe fixed directly in the sources ... no .zip modding needed for WiFi and so on anymore (out of keyboard) xD

Normally, everything should work now -I hope so xD

Hope anybody can give a review (I will stay on Carbon now too and test it) ...

You can download the new Build 7 on d-h.st ---- or on Mediafire

I hope you like the new build and you will recommend my rom to your friends if you like it ... Probably you can appreciate me in pressing the Thanks-Button :D Thank you :)

Reviews in the Review Tab of this Thread would be awesome, too :)

So good night (or good morning), See ya :)
    BUILD 9 Availible

Hi guys!

A new Build is availible to download.

Name: BUILD 9

CHANGES:
    • Latest Sources
    • Low-Incall Volume Bug fixed
    • Home-Settings fixed -forever fixed now!

Not working:
    • You tell me
    • Swyping not possible with original AOSP keyboard (download Google Keyboard)

If you update from a previous version of this Rom, you don't have to perform a Wipe.

You can download the latest Release here:

The new Build is faster uploaded on Dev-Host.

Enjoy the new Release and if you want to announce a ...

I am grateful for every single Review/BugReport. Want to get the latest news about Bugs/Updates ...? Follow this Rom Thread.

Cheers, Flo.

And now, I go outside to chill at 23° degrees in the sun and playing soccer with my friends! And studying for school tomorrow xD Have a nice day :cowboy: