XT926 stuck in fastboot / recovery mode.

Search This thread

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
Fastboot Error / XML edits not working

Hav the same trouble with fastboot. I can't flash any rom, any changes to recovery.

AP Fastboot 10.9B(*) (sha-9d3ad55, 2012-09-15 04:39:04) / AP Fastboot 10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2012-11-03 09:05:20) - tried on both
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0
XT926 NON developer edition

Always get a problem with GPT / boot / system. With any flashing method (RSD Lite + VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml or RSD Lite + VZW_XT926_4.1.1_9.8.1Q_39_VQW_CFC.xml or DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility1.10).

cw-recovery-vanquish.img get Preflash validation failed
When i tried to flash VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml.zip with RSD Lite (6.1.4) i get also
Code:
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

When i tried to flash VZW_XT926_4.1.1_9.8.1Q_39_VQW_CFC.xml.zip with RSD Lite (6.1.4) i get also
Code:

DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility 1.10 of course take me the same answer (The phone says Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded) :
Code:
writing 'boot'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.957s
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.325s]
writing 'system'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.531s
sending 'recovery' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [  0.780s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  2.923s]
finished. total time: 3.705s

Recovery mode also give me some errors, but i can flash any file from sd or wipe data/cache:
Code:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/caller
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

Official Motorola update program on desktop also have problem with gpt_main - Preflash validation failed for GPT

You're awesome!!! I replaced the XML with your edited version, and voila!!!!

Hav the same trouble with fastboot. I can't flash any rom, any changes to recovery.

AP Fastboot 10.9B(*) (sha-9d3ad55, 2012-09-15 04:39:04) / AP Fastboot 10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2012-11-03 09:05:20) - tried on both
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0
XT926 NON developer edition

Always get a problem with GPT / boot / system. With any flashing method (RSD Lite + VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml or RSD Lite + VZW_XT926_4.1.1_9.8.1Q_39_VQW_CFC.xml or DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility1.10).

cw-recovery-vanquish.img get Preflash validation failed
When i tried to flash VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml.zip with RSD Lite (6.1.4) i get also
Code:

When i tried to flash VZW_XT926_4.1.1_9.8.1Q_39_VQW_CFC.xml.zip with RSD Lite (6.1.4) i get also
Code:

DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility 1.10 of course take me the same answer (The phone says Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded) :
Code:
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.957s
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.325s]
writing 'system'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.531s
sending 'recovery' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [  0.780s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  2.923s]
finished. total time: 3.705s

Recovery mode also give me some errors, but i can flash any file from sd or wipe data/cache:
Code:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/caller
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

Official Motorola update program on desktop also have problem with gpt_main - Preflash validation failed for GPT

Hello,

I'm stuck in a fastboot error screen:

Code:
Failed to hab check for gpt_backup: 0x35
failed to load GPT
CID Read Failure
Invalid CID status 0x69
No SP partition found
Fastboot Reason: Invalid GPT

Tried to flash VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-79-1_CFC.xml & VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml.zip using RSD and it failed saying Unknown Fastboot Command (getvar)

Also edited by deleting the 2 "getvar" lines but then RSD says:
"Failed flashing process. 1/24 flash sbl1.mbn -> Phone Returned FAIL"

Cannot find or delete step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048"

What does this mean and how can I get past this?

Thank You :)

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
Hello,

I'm stuck in a fastboot error screen:

Code:
failed to load GPT
CID Read Failure
Invalid CID status 0x69
No SP partition found

Tried to flash VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-79-1_CFC.xml & VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml.zip using RSD and it failed saying Unknown Fastboot Command (getvar)

Also edited by deleting the 2 "getvar" lines but then RSD says:
"Failed flashing process. 1/24 flash sbl1.mbn -> Phone Returned FAIL"

Cannot find or delete step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048"

What does this mean and how can I get past this?

Thank You :)
Exact same errors as my phone, and I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of days...no luck so far. Was your battery charged enough before this happened?

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
GPT / Fastboot Error / XML edits not working

Exact same errors as my phone, and I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of days...no luck so far. Was your battery charged enough before this happened?

Yes

Now the fastboot error says:

failed to load GPT
CID Read Failure
Invalid CID status 0x69
No SP partition found

I have been trying to flash stock roms from: sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/list

Still no luck :(

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
I have been trying to flash stock roms from: sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/list

Still no luck :(
Looks familiar?
motoerror.jpg

If the factory cable doesn't help me, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next OTA.

Last edited:

doctorwho2

Dec 14, 2012
GPT / Fastboot Error / XML edits not working

Yes, that's my screen... But it's recognizing my data cable, and RSD is capable of flashing .xml files.

RSD fails & returns error codes; i.e.- getvar, sbl1.mbn

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
No luck with the factory cable, so I guess we're stuck till 4.4 KitKat or another update comes along...

I have tried flashing..:
VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml
VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-79-1_CFC.xml
VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml
VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-2_VQW_CFC.xml

...but RSD and the Droid Razr HD Utility still fails on step 1, telling me that the partition table is messed up (same error message as everyone else is getting).

scoobaspeaz

Feb 24, 2012
Columbus, OH
No luck with the factory cable, so I guess we're stuck till 4.4 KitKat or another update comes along...

I have tried flashing..:

...but RSD and the Droid Razr HD Utility still fails on step 1, telling me that the partition table is messed up (same error message as everyone else is getting).

I am starting to think this was an intentional brick by Verizon for those who unlocked the bootloader on the XT926 retail version.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

I have tried flashing..:

by "factory cable", you mean you either:
made one like this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html
or bought one of these: http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm

scoobaspeaz

Feb 24, 2012
Columbus, OH
Holy Crap I fixed it!

Ok here is what you need to do and its a bit manual:

1. go here and get mfastboot.exe (not sure if you need it but i used it) and i pulled the .dll files it was complaining about from matts razr hd restore program. I have combined them and put all 3 files you need on my Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By0wJjqSQRJORUJ2dUlPYjM2NDA&usp=sharing

2. Get this image file: http://sbfdownload.droid-developers.org/vanquish/VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml.zip

3. Follow these steps:

mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt_main0.bin
mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img.ext4
mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot.exe reboot

You will find your razr hd happy again and booting up. I think the key to fixing this is the first step flashing the gpt partition file. The other steps is just the order i went in so I dont know if that part matters...the gpt step does though :)

Last edited:

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D :D :D

mfastboot.exe flash bootloader
This doesn't work...

error: cannot determine image filename for 'C:\Android-adb\VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1
_CFC.xml\bootloader'

What am I doing wrong? :p

Everything else works fine, but you have to edit
"mfastboot.exe flash logo boot.bin" to "mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin"
"mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.bin" to "mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img"

EDIT (for the third or fourth time, lol): I didn't need to run the "mfastboot.exe flash bootloader" command, I just run "fastboot reboot-bootloader" - VOILA!

Last edited:

scoobaspeaz

Feb 24, 2012
Columbus, OH
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D :D :D

This doesn't work...

error: cannot determine image filename for 'C:\Android-adb\VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1
_CFC.xml\bootloader'

What am I doing wrong? :p

Everything else works fine, but you have to edit
"mfastboot.exe flash logo boot.bin" to "mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin"
"mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.bin" to "mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img"

EDIT (for the third or fourth time, lol): I didn't need to run the "mfastboot.exe flash bootloader" command, I just run "fastboot reboot-bootloader" - VOILA!

You are doing nothing wrong...I mistyped that bootloader command. I went ahead and removed it as its not really necessary. Also good catch on the boot part. I was in a hurry to get this posted and it was part excitement i seen my HD boot again and other part knowing others were waiting for a solution. I honestly dont think you need to flash the logo but I would make sure to flash the gpt file, boot.img, and system file at the very least. One thing I do suggest though is getting RSD lite and flash that factory image file after you get your phone up and running. I did that just to make sure everything matches up so I did not get stuck in this hell again later :)

I am glad your phone is up and running :D

Last edited:

Ustetind

Sep 17, 2011
Oslo
You are doing nothing wrong...I mistyped that bootloader command. I went ahead and removed it as its not really necessary. Also good catch on the boot part. I was in a hurry to get this posted and it was part excitement i seen my HD boot again and other part knowing others were waiting for a solution. I honestly dont think you need to flash the logo but I would make sure to flash the gpt file, boot.img, and system file at the very least. One thing I do suggest though is getting RSD lite and flash that factory image file after you get your phone up and running. I did that just to make sure everything matches up so I did not get stuck in this hell again later :)

I am glad your phone is up and running :D
Thanks.

This process killed my root, though, and flashing an old version to get root isn't exactly the most tempting thing I can think of....but it's possible, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy Crap I fixed it!

Ok here is what you need to do and its a bit manual:

1. go here and get mfastboot.exe (not sure if you need it but i used it) and i pulled the .dll files it was complaining about from matts razr hd restore program. I have combined them and put all 3 files you need on my Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By0wJjqSQRJORUJ2dUlPYjM2NDA&usp=sharing

2. Get this image file: http://sbfdownload.droid-developers.org/vanquish/VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml.zip

3. Follow these steps:

mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt_main0.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img.ext4
    mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot.exe reboot

You will find your razr hd happy again and booting up. I think the key to fixing this is the first step flashing the gpt partition file. The other steps is just the order i went in so I dont know if that part matters...the gpt step does though :)
    second img looks good.

After flashing using RSD, the result is WHOOOOAAA I GOT MY PHONE ROLL AGAIIIINNNN. The rebooting process was the hardest thing, i have to reboot it manually over and over again, but it doesn't matter. There was just 1 error on RSD, something like Tombstone error, idk what's that means and i don't really care as long as my phone ready to fight the day again, i'll google it latter.

Thank you bewN diorD, SamuriHL and sam. You guys really save the day!!! Thank you so much!
    Oh maan, yes i misunderstood your post, i forgot to not to use RSD.
    Now i'm done flashing KK on my phone, everything is okay. Just 1 thing, the system.img got failed and now the phone has just showing motorola logo with dual core technology and powered down itself. I'm trying to get to bootloader menu, still trying

edited:
    Oh it's not powered down, when i see the screen in dark room, the screen keep blink-ing like you know, when you turn of your tv. Somekind like that

edited(2):
    Finally i can get in to bootloader menu and gained access to AP Fastboot again, i can even access recovery mode even though i cannot use it yet. Hope this is a good news

Code:
    AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
    10.9(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-05-01 19:30:52)
    eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is UNLOCKED. Status Code: 3

Battery OK

Connect USB
    Data Cable

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected

if the system was the only thing to fail, try flashing the script again. thats a pretty odd thing to fail.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Guys, seriously, have you even did your job researching around here? Jeez, you'll brick your phones just going back and forth from KK to JB and vice versa!

Search for Orphee, Kabaldan or Madmonkey57 posts if you want to do it using tested proof methods! They are XT925 methods but ask around... maybe it works for 926 as well. If not, in sure they can send you in the right direction!

...and most of all, read, read and read again!

Sent from my Razr HD, Unlocked KKBL, latest CyanogenMod CM11 KK 4.4.4 ROM, ART runtime.

move along, ill flash up and down 100 times without bricking. there is no danger as long as you are unlocked.
    Thanx, Brad!
    In original firmware like VZW_XT926_4.1.1_9.8.1Q_39_VQW_CFC.xml.zip isn't file flash_fastboot.bat
    Only flashboot.exe in Windows directory
    15a8ec199fa2a45c2117609b177115fa0d33289b.png

So i replace Windows/fastboot.exe with mfastboot.exe from the link. And then flash once again with RSDLite.
    Have the same result with gpt_main and downgraded security version.

And i can change two fastboot version, but can't flash anyway something with the both version.

I'm at work atm when I get home I'll post the script.
    i got this problem today and i cant flash back any room
    Filename: VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml
    Creation Date: 05/02/2014 23:06:22
    File size: 2185
    Sofware Version: vanquish_vzw-user 4.4.2 KDA20.62-10.1 10 release-keysVANQUISH_BP_100731.020.64.21P
    For Phone Model: VZW_XT926_CFC

i attach a photo showing the error
    can someone tell me how to fix since this is kitkat not jb