1600.2487.8107.12070 ROM is out

Search This thread

antonis9891

Aug 5, 2008
Guys, a general question about roms, because I haven't yet cleared up this in my mind.
If I flash an unbranded rom to my device, actually following the instructions of removing branding (now it's t-mobile de branded), will it void my warranty?
Will it change the product code? Because if it will change the product code, I think the warranty is over. And if the product code remains the same, then will I be able to receive zune updates?

antonis9891

Aug 5, 2008
Then I guess it won't affect the warranty right?
If it keeps the product code, the next update will be branded?
I'm sorry for the offtopic guys, I guess many like me have the same question.

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
I installed the new firmware today and there's a massive difference in the quality of the sound of music now! :D

I'll not know much about the battery for a few days but I never had a battery problem with my Lumia :p

gladesmellzgood

Oct 9, 2007
Austin, TX
I've finally got it installed and I can actually make I through a day without needing to charge it constantly!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

aseem123

Jan 12, 2009
Surat
Hi everybody!

I switched back to the old 11501 firmware because a encountered a serious problem with the indian firmware:
When music was playing through headphones and I received a call the music was not muted but put to maximum instead for moment. That totally shocked me. Furthermore, I tried the TuneIn Radio app and it was even worse. Regardless which volume level was used the music output was always at maximum. I don't want to ruin my ears so I'll wait for the official german update.
Did anybody else have the same problem with the indian rom?

I can actually confirm this. This problem actually occurs only when the Music is played at less than a volume of 14. I had flashed the old Indian firmware and that had this problem. I flashed the one which reappeared yesterday. Both have this problem. I would like to ask others(both official zune updated and firmware updated) to keep their volumes to 6-7 and listen to music either by headphones or the internal speaker and make a call to the phone. As soon as the call comes, the music is blasted full volume for maybe 0.5 to 1 second then it pipes down and the ringtone starts playing at full volume for 0.5 to 1 second and then it goes down to the low volume level which you have set. Reject the call and music starts playing at full volume for 1 sec and then it returns to low volume.:mad:

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
Just flashed mine,no problem at all,everything i have before i flash with the build is here
the sound seems much much better (more basses,more noise ^^),i will make more test
My phone doesn't change product code
i will report battery drain in next few days !

uksparx

Mar 3, 2004
Hi everybody!

I switched back to the old 11501 firmware because a encountered a serious problem with the indian firmware:
When music was playing through headphones and I received a call the music was not muted but put to maximum instead for moment. That totally shocked me. Furthermore, I tried the TuneIn Radio app and it was even worse. Regardless which volume level was used the music output was always at maximum. I don't want to ruin my ears so I'll wait for the official german update.
Did anybody else have the same problem with the indian rom?

How do you downgrade.

Is it a simple case off using the cab updater and using the 11501 firmware file?

napster2k11

Aug 6, 2011
London
If you need any help with how I did it then please feel free to pm me and I will be glad to help

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: uksparx

ciapata

Nov 1, 2006
Some people can't live with volume bugs. The battery drain seems to be halved in diag app but I real life it is the same, compared to 11501. Waiting for official Zune update.

demeics

Oct 18, 2010
And that a good thing , no ? How can you live with that bug when u spend a lot of money on the device :))

Some people can't live with volume bugs. The battery drain seems to be halved in diag app but I real life it is the same, compared to 11501. Waiting for official Zune update.

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
I can actually confirm this. This problem actually occurs only when the Music is played at less than a volume of 14. I had flashed the old Indian firmware and that had this problem. I flashed the one which reappeared yesterday. Both have this problem. I would like to ask others(both official zune updated and firmware updated) to keep their volumes to 6-7 and listen to music either by headphones or the internal speaker and make a call to the phone. As soon as the call comes, the music is blasted full volume for maybe 0.5 to 1 second then it pipes down and the ringtone starts playing at full volume for 0.5 to 1 second and then it goes down to the low volume level which you have set. Reject the call and music starts playing at full volume for 1 sec and then it returns to low volume.:mad:

I confirm,i have this problem too with the build 12070 :(

Jan 13, 2008

Same issue here. Using FW 12070 (Singapore) by CAB transfer.

Set volume to 14 in my Nokia Lumia 800 and control the volume in my Nokia Purity to my liking. No surprise when call come in. Without my Nokia Purity, the volume is set to 21.

The battery lasted for 20 hours on the 1st usage after flashing FW 12070 ... i must say i like the battery improvement :)

For me, battery improvement and better sound quality made my 10~15 minutes effort worthwhile in flashing FW 12070. Remembering to set volume to 14 or above is just a small inconvenient :p

-obiwan-

Dec 13, 2011
Same issue here. Using FW 12070 (Singapore) by CAB transfer.

Set volume to 14 in my Nokia Lumia 800 and control the volume in my Nokia Purity to my liking. No surprise when call come in. Without my Nokia Purity, the volume is set to 21.

Hm, how does this work for you? I do have a Nokia Purity as well, but if I change volume on my Purity it does change on the phone as well. As it just remotely controls the phones volume.

Jan 13, 2008
Hm, how does this work for you? I do have a Nokia Purity as well, but if I change volume on my Purity it does change on the phone as well. As it just remotely controls the phones volume.

Hmmm ... you are right :D Like I said, I controlled the volume using my Nokia Purity to my liking. When I checked using the songs that I tested earlier and tried setting again to my liking, the set volume would be around 14 or 15.

Top Liked Posts