Q Bricked phone

Search This thread

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys, sorry for not trying to do a lot of research here but I'm just very panicked and i need help.

Ok so I was on a stock 4.3 mk2 rooted rom. I tried downloading a kernel because i read it would stabilize and improve battery life. Unfortunately now when I boot up my phone it shows a hazard sign that says it has a authorized kernel so i cant boot up. I can get in download mood. I have tried to odin 3.07 back to stock mk2

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199809

But I still have the same problem. I am unable to get into recovery. And i honestly am afraid that if i keep trying to boot into recovery my battery might die. So is there any way out of this loop?

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Never mind read that to fast. Sorry file came up as a paper icon thought i couldn't unzip it

Unziped and downloading now in odin.

Last edited:

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Thanks guys so much. I know it was very ignorant to just post this without research. I just got very panicked after the first fail of the odin recovery flash.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hey no to take away any of the help that you guys did, i appreciate A LOT!!<br />
<br />
I just found this that would have done the same thing.<br />
<br />
chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!lwVUSAiY!Qx2T5SUXOwLQJxgcpBW8gl6zzQ1Un6ULxoVki6AmSjQ<br />
<br />
From here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692825
Not sure on the mega download, don't have that app on the rom I'm currently running so can't (review) comment on it. The xda link is a way to get a rooted rom on your phone if you have nb1 firmware. Since you're on mk2 there is still a root method for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yeah the link is for the mk2 stock kernel. If I flashed that in odin I think I could have been where I was before I tried flashing the new kernel.
Just a theory, not going to follow up. lol

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey one last question!!

Is there a stock rooted mk2 file I can flash in odin? I'm having trouble finding a root method now. I've tried motorhopper and Loki + TWRP + Motochopper CASUAL. Idk why but from what I'm seeing is that the root methods aren't working for mk2

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Reactions: Dwolf16

Top Liked Posts