[Q] New Textra Problem Possibly Caused By Today's Update

Search This thread

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
I've been using Textra for SMS for a few days now with my new HTC One M8, and have been quite pleased. But some time this afternoon I noticed that when I try to use the voice to text function within Textra, which had been working just fine, my phone makes the sound as if the function is starting, and I think the screen appears for a split second, but is then replaced by the Textra messaging screen, and there is no way to record my voice. The function still works in other apps where it worked before. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Textra, without any luck. Then I looked at the update history and saw that Textra pushed out an update today, so I’m wondering if this update could have broken this functionality on the HTC One M8.

Anyone else with this phone using Textra and experiencing the same thing?

I have already written to Textra support.

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
I've been using Textra for SMS for a few days now with my new HTC One M8, and have been quite pleased. But some time this afternoon I noticed that when I try to use the voice to text function within Textra, which had been working just fine, my phone makes the sound as if the function is starting, and I think the screen appears for a split second, but is then replaced by the Textra messaging screen, and there is no way to record my voice. The function still works in other apps where it worked before. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Textra, without any luck. Then I looked at the update history and saw that Textra pushed out an update today, so I’m wondering if this update could have broken this functionality on the HTC One M8.

Anyone else with this phone using Textra and experiencing the same thing?

I have already written to Textra support.

I received a response from Textra support. Turns out they --did-- break it. Here's what they wrote:

--
Just issued an update for that in Google Play, should appear in the next hour or so. Apologies.

Max - Textra SMS Team
--