iPhone/iPod headphone controls function w/Focus

Search This thread

jmattp

Apr 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I'm using a pair of Sony headphones with controls for iOS devices, and they have partial functionality with the Samsung Focus.

Only the center button works

Same as iPhone controls: single click for play/pause, double click to skip ahead, triple click to go back a song.

Volume buttons do not work.

Edit: The microphone doesn't work either, yet it cuts off the handset microphone. So if you place a call, there's no sound at all unless you unplug the headphones. You can hang up the call by pressing the button on the headphones though.

So... they're pretty much only good for controlling music.

It sucks that they only have partial functionality, I wish I knew of a way to make them work.

Last edited:

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
I've heard rumors that you can get all of those features working in PlayerPro. They have a free five-day trial on the market; try it out, it has a headset section in the settings for hardware buttons. I'd love to know if you can get all of that functionality working through PlayerPro, as I'd have no problem dropping $100 on a nice set of ear buds w/ the iPod controls, but not without knowing all the music functionality works.

D_Mon88

Nov 2, 2008
I've heard rumors that you can get all of those features working in PlayerPro. They have a free five-day trial on the market; try it out, it has a headset section in the settings for hardware buttons. I'd love to know if you can get all of that functionality working through PlayerPro, as I'd have no problem dropping $100 on a nice set of ear buds w/ the iPod controls, but not without knowing all the music functionality works.

bump

has there been any development with this? im thinking of buying some b&w p5 headphones, but i'd really like it if they worked with my s3...