White HTC screen after water damage

Search This thread

Jeffero28

Jun 19, 2011
I was rooted with s-off running condemned CM7 on my dinc2. I had the new firmware so I used this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751796 to get there.
Phone got wet...not even submerged just wet for a minute. And it had an otter box but water still got into it. Anyways I took out the battery, stuck it in a ziplock bag with rice for two days and then put the battery back in.

I turn it on and get nothing but the white HTC logo screen. I can use the vol down and power button to reboot but still cant get back into recovery it just goes straight to HTC white screen.
I have searched the forum but seem to only find things related to root issues and nothing specific about just getting back into recovery. I
want to know what is the easiest/safest path forward. I really would like to just get into recovery somehow and try to load up what I had. But if I need to wipe all and reflash the rom that is ok. I just have no idea how to start that process.
It's a half miracle that I was even able to get past the bootloop phase and have a stable rooted phone running a stable rom.

Sorry for the noobish nature of this post. I am back to using my old droid eris at this point and would love get this dinc2 up and running again.

Jeffero28

Jun 19, 2011
I was rooted with s-off running condemned CM7 on my dinc2. I had the new firmware so I used this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751796 to get there.
Phone got wet...not even submerged just wet for a minute. And it had an otter box but water still got into it. Anyways I took out the battery, stuck it in a ziplock bag with rice for two days and then put the battery back in.

I turn it on and get nothing but the white HTC logo screen. I can use the vol down and power button to reboot but still cant get back into recovery it just goes straight to HTC white screen.
I have searched the forum but seem to only find things related to root issues and nothing specific about just getting back into recovery. I
want to know what is the easiest/safest path forward. I really would like to just get into recovery somehow and try to load up what I had. But if I need to wipe all and reflash the rom that is ok. I just have no idea how to start that process.
It's a half miracle that I was even able to get past the bootloop phase and have a stable rooted phone running a stable rom.

Sorry for the noobish nature of this post. I am back to using my old droid eris at this point and would love get this dinc2 up and running again.

ok so i let it sit on the HTC screen for a while and it booted up!!! But the touchscreen is not responding.. and there is a red led on now that I have never seen. I am thinking this is bad news. I my phone dead to rights or what?

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
ok so i let it sit on the HTC screen for a while and it booted up!!! But the touchscreen is not responding.. and there is a red led on now that I have never seen. I am thinking this is bad news. I my phone dead to rights or what?

Maybe some more drying time?? I don't have personal experience with electronics getting wet but I know that time is always the best medicine with it..

Nov 5, 2010
Mesa, AZ

I had an issue like this with my DroidX when it had got a little wet. Not submerged, or dunked, but just water contact. I let it dry here in the Phoenix sun for about a day, and it seemed to be ok when I first booted it up, but it then did weird stuff like sticking on certain screens and rebooting.

I let it dry out more with the battery out over the next two days and it seemed fine after that.