[GUIDE][APP Now In Market] Unlock for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [11-14-11]

Search This thread

papptam

Mar 14, 2008
Siófok
IMEI and UNLOCK problem solwed

After the 2. procedure (restore, reboot, cleanup, change the md5 generation, and unlock again) my IMEI was showed while the Tab was unlocked. Thanks!

ccris methode is god!! Thanks and thanks dagentooboy support.

My problem is solwed!

The app is not restore my efs backup folder, but I copy manualy for ES File exlorer. Use ccris methode and DONE! I'm very happy :D

stupsi99

Mar 31, 2007
i tried to unlock my Tab A1 lock in November 2011 with success and all works (IMEI Serial..)
it works perfect without troubles...

now after update my Tab to 4.0.4 my unlock was gone ... nv.log write cracking detected - nv restored ????
have anyone the same problem like me ??

all trys to unlock again not work. it did not generate the md5 file ?? and restore default nv with imei 0049.....

can someone try to generate md5 from my file, my tab wont do this.
(stupsi99@gmx.at) thx

br stupsi99

Attachments

• nv_data_lock.rar
    10 KB · Views: 69
  • nv_data_unlock_no_md5.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

stupsi99

Mar 31, 2007
Problem solved. ..... ics have new security and checks the modified files. ....
with the lgtool (samsung tool) it was possible to unlock it again :)
Now tab unlocked and imei ok

Stupsi99

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

jneapan

Sep 3, 2011
Bucharest
I'm not sure if this thread is being watched anymore, but I was wondering if permissions need to be set after restoring the efs folder. It's quite likely that after having the backup on the PC and then copying back on to the tab that the original permissions are lost.

tigerfire25

Aug 14, 2010
Peshawar
someone PMd me this

I was having the same issue doing manual unlock where my imei was lost but today i tried again. I did 2 things differently:
1. permission on the nv_data.bin set to 700
2. change the .nv_state to have 30 instead of 31

with these 2 changes, unlock was successful.

Please let me know if this works... and as always MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BACKUP

Hi, hope someone is still here to help and reply, I want to know that how do I set permission to 700 using root explorer. btw, I am using Tmobile galaxy tab 10.1.

tigerfire25

Aug 14, 2010
Peshawar
Long press the file and select permissions. Then check Read Write and Execute for Owner and un-check everything else.

still stuck, can unlock but the imei keeps on changing, what I did last is locked the device back then long pressed the .nv_state file and choose text editor, it had 1 written only, changed that to 3. and deleted the nv_data.bin then copied the unlocked file to efs folder and set the permissions as you told, after that when I reboot, i am still locked! please tell me what am I doing wrong. thnx alot for your help.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I don't have that tablet to try.... did you try the previous suggestion?

1. permission on the nv_data.bin set to 700
2. change the .nv_state to have 30 instead of 31

hopefully you can help me out, I guess now i cant understand .nv_state to have 31 thing, sorry for the noobness and you deserve alot of thnx for your help.

WSam

Jun 21, 2012
HI
I've unlocked the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 GT-P7500 by buying the app on the market. everything worked fine. I could identify a different SIM Card. the only problem is when I'm not on Wifi / turn off wifi. I don't see my service provider name and I just loose the 3G. any ideas?

Last edited:

RamHa

So I managed to unlock my T-Mobile Tab 10.1 over the weekend and I discovered that it works on ATT at 3.5G speeds.
My Tab has several files in the /efs/ folder that weren't there in my previous Samsung phones.

Unlock App for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with a hex editor
img.php

BTW... I cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to your phone.... EVER!

Before you start... if you don't have root you WILL need it.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE /efs/ FOLDER

Step 1. - Retrieve nv_data.bin file
use "adb shell" or a terminal emulator to get a terminal prompt and run the following commands
Code:
su
cat /efs/nv_data.bin >> /sdcard/nv_data.bin
cat /efs/.nv_state >> /sdcard/.nv_state
busybox cp -r /efs /sdcard/

Step 2. - Edit nv_data.bin file
mount the internal SD Card on your computer
make a backup copy of the nv_data.bin file on your computer
using your favorite HEX editor open the nv_data.bin on the sdcard
jump to address 0x181468

you should see a string like this
ff 01 00 00 00 00
there are 5 different types of locks in 5 different bytes
the FF byte should be left alone
the first byte after the FF is the network lock
the next byte is the network subset lock
the next byte is the sp lock
the next byte is the cp lock
the last byte appears to be a data lock.
the 46 46 should be left alone
Change any 0x01 to 0x00 (or 0x00 to 0x01 to lock for warranty)
It should read ff 00 00 00 00 00 46 46 for unlocked
save and close file
unmount SD Card

Step 3. - Replace nv_data.bin file
I want to say it again so no one misses it MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR /efs/ FOLDER BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!!!!!

use "adb shell" or a terminal emulator to get a terminal prompt and run the following commands
Code:
su
rm /efs/nv_*
rm /efs/.nv_*
cat /sdcard/nv_data.bin >> /efs/nv_data.bin
cat /sdcard/.nv_state >> /efs/.nv_state
chmod 755 /efs/nv_data.bin
chown radio.radio /efs/nv_data.bin || chown 1001.1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
chmod 755 /efs/.nv_state
chown radio.radio /efs/.nv_state || chown 1001.1001 /efs/.nv_state
reboot
your tab is now unlocked... enjoy :D

If you have any trouble with md5 and IMEI stuff change .nv_state from 0x30 to 0x31 (or ascii 0 to 1)

Give a big thanks to all the people that helped with the original unlock method (in the i9000 thread)

If it works please feel free to donate via Paypal

Grdelica, can u zipp it? I mean that file? :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

App is 3 Dollars and works only with Honeycomb...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I managed to unlock my T-Mobile Tab 10.1 over the weekend and I discovered that it works on ATT at 3.5G speeds.
    My Tab has several files in the /efs/ folder that weren't there in my previous Samsung phones.

Unlock App for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with a hex editor
    img.php

BTW... I cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to your phone.... EVER!

Before you start... if you don't have root you WILL need it.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE /efs/ FOLDER

Step 1. - Retrieve nv_data.bin file
    Code:
    su
    cat /efs/nv_data.bin >> /sdcard/nv_data.bin
    cat /efs/.nv_state >> /sdcard/.nv_state
    busybox cp -r /efs /sdcard/

Step 2. - Edit nv_data.bin file
    mount the internal SD Card on your computer
    make a backup copy of the nv_data.bin file on your computer
    using your favorite HEX editor open the nv_data.bin on the sdcard
    jump to address 0x181468

you should see a string like this
    ff 01 00 00 00 00
    there are 5 different types of locks in 5 different bytes
    the FF byte should be left alone
    the first byte after the FF is the network lock
    the next byte is the network subset lock
    the next byte is the sp lock
    the next byte is the cp lock
    the last byte appears to be a data lock.
    the 46 46 should be left alone
    Change any 0x01 to 0x00 (or 0x00 to 0x01 to lock for warranty)
    It should read ff 00 00 00 00 00 46 46 for unlocked
    save and close file
    unmount SD Card

Step 3. - Replace nv_data.bin file
    I want to say it again so no one misses it MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR /efs/ FOLDER BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!!!!!

Code:
    su
    rm /efs/nv_*
    rm /efs/.nv_*
    cat /sdcard/nv_data.bin >> /efs/nv_data.bin
    cat /sdcard/.nv_state >> /efs/.nv_state
    chmod 755 /efs/nv_data.bin
    chown radio.radio /efs/nv_data.bin || chown 1001.1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
    chmod 755 /efs/.nv_state
    chown radio.radio /efs/.nv_state || chown 1001.1001 /efs/.nv_state
    reboot
    your tab is now unlocked... enjoy :D

If you have any trouble with md5 and IMEI stuff change .nv_state from 0x30 to 0x31 (or ascii 0 to 1)

Give a big thanks to all the people that helped with the original unlock method (in the i9000 thread)

If it works please feel free to donate via Paypal
    Hello

Many thanks for the procedure, really waiting for it, but I have on my nv_data.bin the following bytes:

FF 01 00 00 00 00 BC 9D D4

Any clue of what I have to change to?

Thanks again in anycase

After you have a backup you can change that first 01 to a 00

FF 00 00 00 00 00 BC 9D D4

and you should be set... I had to delete all those other files in the folder. Could you tell me what files you have in /efs/?

su
    busybox ls -la /efs/
    Don't have a 3G tab but this is cool. I think you should price your app at under $2 to maximize profits. With the fix available for free, a lot of people won't pay for it. But if it's dirt cheap at 99c or $1.99, why not?

Anyway, good job.

I have always believed in providing the solution to everyone... I don't want anyone to think I am only in this for the money. When I was looking for the i9000 unlock someone was charging $35 and there was no way I was going to pay that so I started on this path of providing the information for free.

Thanks to the economy I lost my job and had lots of time to code but no money for devices.... enter the PRO app. I get a lot of people that buy codes and then they don't work and they end up using my app for half the price (half the time the samsung unlock doesn't work even with the code).
    What I did is just follow the instructions in the Overcome rom except the "re-stocking" part. Mine is running Overcome with no problems so far.
    i´ve followed all steps. its pretty the same like the other devices like the gt p-1000. full success.