Starting with what firmware is bootloader locked?

Search This thread

galets

Apr 1, 2006
I got a phone from craigslist. Status shows L710VPUCMK3. Is the bootloader locked on this? How do I tell if it is?

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I got a phone from craigslist. Status shows L710VPUCMK3. Is the bootloader locked on this? How do I tell if it is?
boot into bootloader, if it has warranty bits in the list, then it has knox.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43
are you trying to flash to different carrier? or worried about knox boot loader?

sent from my GS3

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013

are you trying to flash to different carrier? or worried about knox boot loader?

sent from my GS3

MK3 is the last JB update before the KK. If you are on stock, chances are you have Knox. But I don't believe that's what you're asking. Sprint does not lock their bootloaders, which makes them much easier to root. As far as Knox, like @joeyhdownsouth said, just reboot into download mode and check the warranty bit counter.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sent from my GS3

MK3 is the last JB update before the KK. If you are on stock, chances are you have Knox. But I don't believe that's what you're asking. Sprint does not lock their bootloaders, which makes them much easier to root. As far as Knox, like @joeyhdownsouth said, just reboot into download mode and check the warranty bit counter.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

sent from my GS3