I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Search This thread

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
I get at least one reboot a day. I'm on different roms a lot too, usually stock kernel. It doesn't really bother me though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

meletios

Apr 2, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Will do!

only thing wrong with my current one is the reboots, i dont have light bleed.

i will be blown if i receive a tablet that no longer randomly reboots, but has light bleed!!

also, is there a way to check the build version? like to determine a how a batch the tablet was in when manufactured?

i dont want a first day release tablet

Have you tried tricks mentioned elsewhere..like disabling current background sync, facebook etc...if not may be worth trying

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

daralph

Jan 21, 2011
Vienna
AW: I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

For all you having reboots, try backing up your n10, clean flash Paranoidandroid with Francos r7. Hadn't had a single reboot in like 2 months..

I really doubt it's faulty hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
To be fair, its pretty safe to assume he won't like his replacement unit either! :good:

What's that supposed to mean

For all you having reboots, try backing up your n10, clean flash Paranoidandroid with Francos r7. Hadn't had a single reboot in like 2 months..

If not hardware, then what you think the problem is exactly? I had reboots right out the box.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

This is actually the WRONG way to go about "fixing" a problem. I haven't had a reboot since I bought it over a month ago and have used three different ROMs (including completely stock). If you're having reboot issues you debug the problem with stock ROM, stock kernel, and market apps. Not throwing completely customized ROMs and kernels at the problem. That doesn't even make any sense.

Last edited:

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
This is actually the WRONG way to go about "fixing" a problem. I haven't had a reboot since I bought it over a month ago and have used three different ROMs (including completely stock). If you're having reboot issues you debug the problem with stock ROM, stock kernel, and market apps. Not throwing completely customized ROMs and kernels at the problem. That doesn't even make any sense.

1) debug the stock rom how? thats pretty vague. and if you're suggesting loading on market apps 1 by 1 ,waiting a day for a reboot by that app, could take over a year to debug if you have 180 or more apps like I do

2) why does using customized roms not make any sense? it makes plenty sense. esp if you use popular roms. why? because those roms are "customized" to give you a better user experience. And for problems, most times you dont have to fix on your own. All you do is keep the latest rom flashed and most fixes are already in there from other people reporting problems and advanced people "dev" who most likely know a lot more about the internal workings of Android that most users dont

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
1) debug the stock rom how? thats pretty vague. and if you're suggesting loading on market apps 1 by 1 ,waiting a day for a reboot by that app, could take over a year to debug if you have 180 or more apps like I do

2) why does using customized roms not make any sense? it makes plenty sense. esp if you use popular roms. why? because those roms are "customized" to give you a better user experience. And for problems, most times you dont have to fix on your own. All you do is keep the latest rom flashed and most fixes are already in there from other people reporting problems and advanced people "dev" who most likely know a lot more about the internal workings of Android that most users dont

Ya know.. Before I was almost certain, now I'm positively certain that no matter what people say that are trying to help you, you will dismiss it regardless because you have this preconceived notion and idea in your head that you are 100% right and it is completely unfathomable you could possibly be wrong. You are completely dismissive of any idea or logic that isn't lined up with your own. You created this thread for attention and `help' but you really don't want either, you want a soap box and nothing more..

Reactions: trickster2369

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Ya know.. Before I was almost certain, now I'm positively certain that no matter what people say that are trying to help you, you will dismiss it regardless because you have this preconceived notion and idea in your head that you are 100% right and it is completely unfathomable you could possibly be wrong. You are completely dismissive of any idea or logic that isn't lined up with your own. You created this thread for attention and `help' but you really don't want either, you want a soap box and nothing more..

why? simply because i dont agree with you?
obviously the person you quoted doesnt agree with you since you told him he was wrong for suggesting a custom rom

i never said i was 100% right, i simply had disagreed on your statement about roms. but i guess you're 100% right then though huh?
unfathomable I could be wrong? what a reach! simply saying its possible for a custom rom to possibly fix reboots and other problems, get a grip

he actually posts a reply that I think could be helpful in stopping reboots,but you come in and say its a horrible idea. but yeah I'M the one you claim who doesnt want help?????? smh

i actually posted some good questions in my reply, which obviously has stumped you, that you have to resort to a silly statement that I think im always right
stick to the topic and keep your personal opinions about me to yourself, or just leave the topic. that would be best helpful

Last edited:

bkmaracas

Jul 10, 2012
Cardiff
No one mentions 'safe mode' ... Just Long press on the on screen power off button. Disables 3rd party apps, and can be a great quick painless way to see how the thing reacts and troubleshoot if an app is causing issues. If it still reboots then u have a bad issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Exactly how do you troubleshoot in safe mode? Thought that just runs the core apps.

Please elaborate on how to find an app that potentially causes a reboot?

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Good luck. I have seen it on other posts on how you can determine which version you are getting by looking at the serial number. First version starts with R32C then the next one is R32D.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

ok just got a "new" R32D
current one is a R32C

does anybody with R32D currently have reboots?

uploadfromtaptalk1361821474525.jpg

Last edited:

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Heard the R32D's have the worst light bleed and back creak noise. Is yours ok'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

yeah i read that too
maybe im not really keen on the light bleed stuff but i cant tell if its bleeding or not
i put both of them side by side (r32c next to r32d) and i cant tell the difference on a black screen
i "guess" its a lil light in areas but it doesnt bother me at all. certaintly not enough for me to claim light bleed

no back creak noise that I can tell either, seems strong and sturdy

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
ok just got a "new" R32D
current one is a R32C

does anybody with R32D currently have reboots?

View attachment 1760430

I have a R32D purchased from a local Staples and tested over the weekend and it has not rebooted, also very little light bleed on the right side very close to the edge so it doesn't affect anything and no creaking. Im glad I didn't give up this is the best unit I've had so far.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.
    The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Ha ha, no reboots here.....ever on any ROM. You were a baby on the note 717 forums too so I don't expect any less

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    To be fair, its pretty safe to assume he won't like his replacement unit either! :good:
    I tried it all. Pointless now though. Already RMA'd it and new one should arrive monday according to tracking info so we'll see

So you should change the title of the posting since you're not done with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app