how to get the htc one m8 back to s-on

Search This thread

meido132

Oct 13, 2012
hi there,

i have searched along the internet a lot time ago and i cant find guide to: how to get back my htc one m8 from s-off to s-on.

if there is a such guide, i would be happy to use it :)

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
@EddyOS: I know, you must hate me, I keep asking you the same questions in different threads. :p

Why everything stock? Isn't it enough to revert those things protected by the security flag back to stock? (e.g. radio) One can have a custom ROM, recovery and unlocked bootloader staying S-ON, the phone is fine with that, so why should it be important to revert those things to stock?

Thanks. :)

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
it is not 100% stock, it throws a security flag on the m8. even running ruu afterwards will not remove it.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
...it can possibly brick the phone

@EddyOS: I know, you must hate me, I keep asking you the same questions in different threads. :p

Why everything stock? Isn't it enough to revert those things protected by the security flag back to stock? (e.g. radio) One can have a custom ROM, recovery and unlocked bootloader staying S-ON, the phone is fine with that, so why should it be important to revert those things to stock?

Don't ask me why it's just a lot of people have managed to brick their phone cause they've had a custom HBOOT (to remove the red writing), forgot it and bricked the phone

Reactions: Black Antitoon

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
@an0ther: I'm not sure I understand what you said. You mean that even if you reset everything to stock (including s-on and the "tampered" banner) HTC will still be able to read another internal "tampered" flag? Or what else?
@EddyOS: thanks, so you are basically saying I am correct, and reverting everything to stock is a precaution to make sure nothing (like the HBOOT) has been forgotten, right?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
@an0ther: I'm not sure I understand what you said. You mean that even if you reset everything to stock (including s-on and the "tampered" banner) HTC will still be able to read another internal "tampered" flag? Or what else?
@EddyOS: thanks, so you are basically saying I am correct, and reverting everything to stock is a precaution to make sure nothing (like the HBOOT) has been forgotten, right?

Yes. If you're certain it's stock then go ahead. Just remember you have been warned so on your head be it ;)

meido132

Oct 13, 2012
You don't need to be S-ON to flash an OTA, just stock with everything else (I know cause I flashed the new OTA manually the other day and it worked fine :) )
where i can find the ota updates to flash them in my htc one m8? and how i can find my ruu of HTC ONE M8?
there is a new ota that size 70 mb with some improvements and i want to flash it like you said :)

Last edited:

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013

Yes, there is no way that HTC will not know that you have messed with the phone. You don't need s-on for ota updates, in fact, if you are s-off, you don't even need to lock your boot loader. Anyways, you can just dl ota updates just as easy.

justein

Sep 4, 2013
At&t 1.58.502.1

Yes. If you're certain it's stock then go ahead. Just remember you have been warned so on your head be it ;)

I have this version of software for AT&T, and I would like to know: If I remove tampered flag and reset to locked and S-ON and then restore using a SIGNED RUU EXE FILE for this software version, will I be ok (as in not get a security warning and look 100% stock)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi there,

i have searched along the internet a lot time ago and i cant find guide to: how to get back my htc one m8 from s-off to s-on.

if there is a such guide, i would be happy to use it :)

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

In order to lock the boot loader does it require root? If so my son's phone is not rooted. This is what I don't understand. When running the command to kick the boot loader it says we need a # prompt or to enter su. I cannot do this because his phone is not rooted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    @gustav30 @treIII

Guys, In order to lock bootloader, all you need is S-OFF.

to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:
    USE CMD
    adb devices
    adb shell
    su (if needed to get a # prompt)
    echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
    (i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
    (exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked
    ...it can possibly brick the phone

Don't ask me why it's just a lot of people have managed to brick their phone cause they've had a custom HBOOT (to remove the red writing), forgot it and bricked the phone