[ROM][Port][09-12-2011]Decked_X(Odexed+Deodexd![2.3.7][Stable]Frm Hero CDMA

Search This thread

-Asskicker-

Jun 1, 2010
Yep!
On first boot the dex files of all system apps and the framework are build.
Next boot will be faster. Speed of rom would be the same.
There shouldn't be any other "disadvantages";)

Thanks a lot :)

I'm trying to install HTC_IME keyboard, but whenever I try to select the keyboard for input I get a FC. :(

Anyone else tried it / having problems with it?

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
You can use CM7 themes even if you have odexed version. The only thing you cannot use with this version is transparency in status bar.

I've switched to deodexed version in order to achieve transparent status bar, I've made it once but I had an issue where you drop down the status bar and the date appeared, it was overlaping with the current activities (such as usb mount).

Bharat, can you take a look if you have time at this? You can easily make this using zdune's patcher, you need to change a little bit of text to status_bar.xml and Statusbarservices.smali and add a different type of transparent_statusbar.9 png renamed or something like that.

I'm sure that most of us will want to use transparent status bars on decked :D!

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, this is my first time using this rom. Its pretty snappy and nice.

But I have a question that hope someone can answer me. Whenever connected to the internet or Google services, the icons did not change their color to green. Is this the normal behavior of this rom?

EDIT: it just chg it self today.. i have no idea why... thx anyway... very fast rom!

Last edited:

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
You can use CM7 themes even if you have odexed version. The only thing you cannot use with this version is transparency in status bar.

I've switched to deodexed version in order to achieve transparent status bar, I've made it once but I had an issue where you drop down the status bar and the date appeared, it was overlaping with the current activities (such as usb mount).

Bharat, can you take a look if you have time at this? You can easily make this using zdune's patcher, you need to change a little bit of text to status_bar.xml and Statusbarservices.smali and add a different type of transparent_statusbar.9 png renamed or something like that.

I'm sure that most of us will want to use transparent status bars on decked :D!

If you flash the uncentered clock patch from my Rom, you will get transparent bar :) I don't know if I fixed overlap, though

Sent from my Hero using XDA

Reactions: 1ceb0x

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey can anyone guide me with the V6/8 supercharger? after i apply it.. i could not go pass the HERO LOGO bootscreen!! HELPPPP will be appreciatte!! :)

EDIT: does this rom support supercharger?? i tried many times but cant get it to work.. got stuck on the HERO LOGO bootscreen.. HELP!! anyone can guide me?

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Hey can anyone guide me with the V6/8 supercharger? after i apply it.. i could not go pass the HERO LOGO bootscreen!! HELPPPP will be appreciatte!! :)

EDIT: does this rom support supercharger?? i tried many times but cant get it to work.. got stuck on the HERO LOGO bootscreen.. HELP!! anyone can guide me?

Look man, I have Supercharger V8 on my Hero using this ROM. !!!YOU MUST RUN THE SCRIPT ONLY AS ROOT (click the superuser icon)!!! Do NOT, NOT select 'BOOT' option because your phone will end up in a boot loop!

Don't worry, after you select your desired value from the script menu the options will remain after boot! I usually use value '6' for my hero (seems stable), I've used the 'Multitasking' value and i had enormous free ram (like 100) because that option kills inactive apks that are idle for ~3-4 mins. or less!
IF you need any help, please do ask, I'm here to help you because I know how good your hero will turn with this script!

@Habarug: I have your rom right now (shh! don't tell Goku 'bout it :D) hihi ^^!

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Look man, I have Supercharger V8 on my Hero using this ROM. !!!YOU MUST RUN THE SCRIPT ONLY AS ROOT (click the superuser icon)!!! Do NOT, NOT select 'BOOT' option because your phone will end up in a boot loop!

Don't worry, after you select your desired value from the script menu the options will remain after boot! I usually use value '6' for my hero (seems stable), I've used the 'Multitasking' value and i had enormous free ram (like 100) because that option kills inactive apks that are idle for ~3-4 mins. or less!
IF you need any help, please do ask, I'm here to help you because I know how good your hero will turn with this script!

@Habarug: I have your rom right now (shh! don't tell Goku 'bout it :D) hihi ^^!

dont wry i wont :p

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1cebox:

I still have no luck with it... i have busybox version 1.19.1
under script manager config.. i got browse as root checked..
then i select the script and checked the su icon then run it.. i select option 6 then i reboot my phone..
The HERO logo popsout during reboot then it gone away and it juz stucked at the blank screen... (Normally after HERO logo there should be the boot animation but now it is just blank screen..)

did i do wrong any steps?? plz help =(

EDIT: i had deleted launcher2 from system, could this be the error?

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
1cebox:

I still have no luck with it... i have busybox version 1.19.1
under script manager config.. i got browse as root checked..
then i select the script and checked the su icon then run it.. i select option 6 then i reboot my phone..
The HERO logo popsout during reboot then it gone away and it juz stucked at the blank screen... (Normally after HERO logo there should be the boot animation but now it is just blank screen..)

did i do wrong any steps?? plz help =(

EDIT: i had deleted launcher2 from system, could this be the error?

The script has nothing to do with what apps you're using. If it was a conflict between script and apps it was pretty difficult to release this super script to the masses. Try installing Busybox installer from the market and choose to install Busybox 1.8.2 (thick the checkbox 'creat symlink') and after that try to run the script again as SU and select your value and then reboot, I believe that this is your problem. Oh, are you having your script located on the root of your sdcard? Don't put it in a folder, just simply copy paste it on the sd card. Cheers, lemme know if you have any success with it!

The thing with installing an older busybox version is because the newest ones doesn't seem to play well with the script (it says also on the original thread of Supercharger V6).

Reactions: cet90

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thx 1cebox.. this time i reflash the rom cleanly and wipe everything includes ext partition and it works now.. seems like some apps conflict with it previously!

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Thx 1cebox.. this time i reflash the rom cleanly and wipe everything includes ext partition and it works now.. seems like some apps conflict with it previously!

Glad it worked out for you :).

When you flash a new rom it's basically essential to wipe ext partition.

Thanks for pressing 'Thanks' button.

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
As 1ceb0x reported disabling scrollincache really improved ADW performance, and I myself have felt some improvement in facebook, here is a flashabel zip for those who wants it (scrollincache is disabled by default in HabaDecked)

Edit: yeah, this disables this in the whole system, regardless of how the apps are coded :)

Attachments

• Decked_Scrollcache_disabled_signed.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: 1ceb0x

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
You configured the framework.jar file. Do you have any idea if this flashable zip will work on any GB rom? I want to keep the file if I ever flash another rom which is not Decked or your modded version... I doubt that it works though. I have the tweak thread but it will be a lot easier if i flashed this instead.

You probably want to edit your post and specify that, that tweak disables scrollingcache within the whole android system (many will think that it will disable scrolling cache from adw :) ).

Last edited:

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how to reenable if i wanna try it?? and btw.. there are 2 gallery... 1 2d and 1 is 3d.. how to remove the 2d 1?? any idea? Thx

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
how to reenable if i wanna try it?? and btw.. there are 2 gallery... 1 2d and 1 is 3d.. how to remove the 2d 1?? any idea? Thx

Flash your rom on top without wipping anything.. maybe just dalvik-cache. You remove them using titanium backup or es file explorer with root acess.

es explorer:
tap favorites, tap the phone icon with "/" mark, go to system - app and just delete what apks you don't use.

Last edited:

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As 1ceb0x reported disabling scrollincache really improved ADW performance, and I myself have felt some improvement in facebook, here is a flashabel zip for those who wants it (scrollincache is disabled by default in HabaDecked)

Edit: yeah, this disables this in the whole system, regardless of how the apps are coded :)

Now i felt i own a new phone that its so snappy ever!!!

how will this mod improve the rom further?? some explanation? Thx!!

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Well, here is the thread with the mod. Disabling scrollingcache seems to improve scrolling performance. Therefore most app developers have disabled it in their apps. Some apps, though, like Facebook (and ADW it seems), have it enabled. Therefore the apps aren't as smooth as they could be. This mod disables scrollingcache in the whole system, so every part of the system and every app, regardless of how they're coded, have it disabled :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright so i was going through hero cdma pages n i found this rom and from the comments tat i read seemed to please everyone over there so i decided to port this rom over here

It took me a long time to get it running but its ready now
    (One day will make this thread look better!till then bear with the mess :D)

Well that said
    Nvgsh.png

This ROM is based of 2.3.7 aosp cm sources of our cdma counterpart
    Keeping speed,stability n battery in mind i've decided to implement the The las venturas kernel in this Rom....

All cm7 modifications are there in the ROM
    Deodexed
    Pure gb
    Added in a file manager as well as the miui music player

Well this is my first ROM port so bear with any flaws till i figure out how to fix em

deckgingerandroidlogo2.jpg

Generally the ROM is fast but
    I'm always looking forward to Feedback :)

IIdB8.png

Decked_X -------- Odexed Version

Decked_X -------- Deodexed Version

for usb tether please go to lv tether fix in post to i 4got to add the fix while making this build

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lighter Gapps plz remember to flash gapps!!!!!
    GAPPS PACKAGE!! DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THIS !!!!!!!

*Install Instructions*
    1. Reboot into recovery.
    2. *optional but advised* make a nandroid backup.
    3. Wipe Everything. (Factory reset, cache & dalvik wipe)
    4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
    5a. REBOOT.
    5b.Go back to recovery
    6. Flash gapps zip.
    6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
    7. Reboot.
    8. Enjoy gingerbread!

PLEASE READ POST 3 REGARDING CHANGELOG AND ISSUES BEFORE COMMENTING AND DOWNLOADING!

Older Versions

Decked_for_life!
    v1.3[Decked_again!]2.3.7
    Decked_up[2.3.5Aosp]
    HeroDeck1.2.1[2.3.4AOSP]-Initial release

Incase the facebook provided in the gapps package does not work(or tends to force close) try installing this one http://www.mediafire.com/?mhiw6cq3zjhcxi2

stBv2.png

Thanks to kushdeck for the ROM -Original thread over here
    Thanks to erasmux for the kernel and all his roms which entertained me all the way
    Thanks to Prof Peach,dkelley, and all others for testing every single rom released by me and giving me feedback when required which helped me make this ROM better! :D
    Thanks to jiiehd for the guide u left on ur site about porting
    thanks to cyanogenmod team fr sources
    and credit where credit is due.... :)

If you like this ROM i don't ask for much,just hit the thanks :)
    Scripts
    Remove stock music player-http://www.mediafire.com/?4m5xo26qs2wzx38
    Remove Launcher-http://www.mediafire.com/?vjtyhmyf1wp7hj1

USB TETHER FIX BY ERASMUX!-This is for anyone whose using newer LV Kernels!-POST LINK

Addons
    Sense UI Launcher-http://www.mediafire.com/?4c846zqdvlo2j96
    Slate sense for launcher pro-http://www.mediafire.com/?5ajc5vfj1y8mtd5
    HTC Sense Clocks(open zip and install apks)-http://www.mediafire.com/?fk8o4vyib3q3b6d
    Teeter(a lil fun :) )-http://www.mediafire.com/?5s7mthkhgxfs33u
    Sense wallpapers - http://www.mediafire.com/?e98btzt1tivfctg
    Gallery2D - http://www.mediafire.com/?c16pujr6cqaqpj5
    Latest Superuser-http://www.mediafire.com/?7t9p0kzxxbhuh87
    Changelog

Final version-Decked_X
    added the newest LV kernel as default(LV1.0RC2)
    minor init.rc changes
    Added an odexed version
    build.prop changes
    Lighter version than before the ODexed Version is 51.5 MB xD
    Deodexed version is 52.5 xD

Faster Simmer and better?

Decked_for_life!

fixed application bug
    removed gapps package from ROM now u have to flash it as an addon
    ROM size is oly 55MB
    Default boot animation
    2.3.7 stable build :D

updated to 2.3.7 aosp
    gapps included with the rom
    this build is pretty stable jus the same issuse as before which i aint having great luck with,neverthless m still working on it

1.3e---
    Updated to 2.3.5
    light gapps package
    Frame work themed completely [thanks youdog]:)
    Removed some bloatware
    Added custom boot animation [thanks Prof peach :)]

Known Issues
    NIL!!! :D
    Nice :)

BTW. we have just been downgraded to low activity device :/ Had to happene some day....

ah i know i was pretty disappointed to considering we still have lotta activity going on here :(

BTW
    UPDATED THE ROM!
    Very Minor changes shouldnt be a big deal,might be a lot faster than the earlier build because its odexed now,i'm uploading the deodexed version freaking indian net plans suck!u cross 8 Gb and they downgrade ur download speed to 30kbps! :\
    will download 2nite and will reply 2morow ... bharat ek favour karna
    ho sake to Froyo sense rom bana na.. thanks

try karta hoon next week,gaurantee nahi...:)