Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I can't really vouch for it on SPrint because I am on the Verizon variant. This phone has caused me to not look at any other device. To me, that means something as I am rarely satisfied. That said, it has some quirks like all devices. The hardware is average, but the software is top notch, and cutting edge. ICS is already 6 months old. I cannot get excited about new devices just now shipping with it. With the Nexus, you will see the next version of Android as well. Just keep in mind that because it is CDMA, it will not happen as fast as GSM.

Thanks. I'm sure software is top notch and so will development.

Reactions: khanning88

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
So I take it this means you rooted successfully then? Awesome.

Yep, worked without a hitch. Still uploading the system image, damn slow internet upload speed here at work.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

No rush.

Well, actually, I am impatient as hell, but I am at your mercy :p

Whenever you can get it to me, I appreciate it.

Ok, finally got it uploaded.

Download at http://files.disflux.org/Android/system.ext4.tar.zip

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
Let me know if that system image unzips ok for those that downloaded it. Seems like it was having problems on my system. I may have gotten disconnect on the upload.

I am uploading the uncompressed image now...

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Let me know if that system image unzips ok for those that downloaded it. Seems like it was having problems on my system. I may have gotten disconnect on the upload.

I am uploading the uncompressed image now...

Uploading is such a b*tch sometimes LOl

On another note anyone try to flash any verizon roms yet with the new recovery or do we need the system image before doing that?

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
Uploading is such a b*tch sometimes LOl

On another note anyone try to flash any verizon roms yet with the new recovery or do we need the system image before doing that?

I am going to flash twrp and then try flashing AOKP to see what happens...

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I am going to flash twrp and then try flashing AOKP to see what happens...

Ok, I tried flashing twrp from the link posted above and got an assert failed error. Flashing from CWM 5.

Reactions: BeerChameleon

fyresoul

Apr 8, 2010
Austin
when i try and unlock my boot loader my computer says cant find drivers i need help with that??

I used the ones from the guide: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I515MSAVZW

At the bottom click 'manuals&downloads' then click 'Software'

EDIT:
So I just rooted, and my only complaint is that this time when Google installed/synced my apps, my phone helpfully added shortcuts to my launcher homescreen for me >.<
Other than that smooth sailing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root, unroot, free wifi tethering videos are done.. will upload in the morning during class :)
    Shhh....

Just thought i'd post this here on the down low.....

Eos Sprint Galaxy Nexus AOSP MMS LTE Winning

Everything works
    mms send/receive
    all telephony

Likely the only non-stock build that actually has LTE enabled lol

rByYV.png

Team EOS pwns teh scene again

Now what!

And, just for the kangs, here's a fully built device tree

EOS torospr device tree
    If there are any Eos fans around, we'll have fully functional nightlys in a couple days. I'm just working out the last little minor bugs. I most likely won't open a thread for them here. But if you are down with Eos, then you will know where to find our nightlys.

brd
    Where is it located? I'm on tapatalk so that's probably the reason I can't see it.

Delivered From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus *#*#*#*#*#
    You can get to it from the main Samsung Galaxy Nexus Forum or just click *HERE*.

Mark.
    http://db.tt/8pXeZZ72 zipped version ( faster download]

http://db.tt/MW5XbuRY unzipped

Here is a full nandroid for twrp just unzip it and push it to the proper twrp folder

Also uploading a unzipped one

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk