[Q] So disappointed with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2...

Search This thread
Jul 20, 2008
By far this is the fastest phone I had, coming from a HTC Evo Lte from Sprint. But I'm hoping that HTC comes out with a 5.5" screen so I can go back, I never had any issues transferring all my pictures, videos, music, etc. There's is no plug and play with the note 2. I've downloaded the MTP kit from Microsoft and still nothing works, I really don't want to use the kies air app, I just want to plug and play.... Any suggestions that can make me fall in love with my note 2 again.... This is my first Samsung phone... :crying:

I can only use it as a camera not as a media devise ....

Last edited:

Acery

Jan 28, 2013
You need to use the cable that came with the phone and you need to install the drivers for your phone. Once you get those in order you will be in business.

Reactions: elcucaramacara

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
All I needed was the cable, my PC installed the driver automatically.

I will never understand why people immediately jump to "my NEW phone can't do this" before first finding out if they're doing something incorrectly.

Well it is a standard, and people expect them to work universally. It's almost as bad as proprietary cables. It sucks to buy multiple cables only to have to buy new cables for the next phone.

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Well it is a standard, and people expect them to work universally. It's almost as bad as proprietary cables. It sucks to buy multiple cables only to have to buy new cables for the next phone.

Pool_shark,

Probably because it's a pain point. They are used to doing X and can't. They want X back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

When I was unlocking the bootloader casual couldn't find my device.
It was time to troubleshoot. So I rebooted the phone to see if my PC could see the phone, it couldn't.
Guess what my next step was in troubleshooting, I switched cables, and boom, it worked.

My previous android devices could all use the same cables, but this one couldn't, yet I still thought the next best thing was to try the cable it came with.

Last edited:

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Yeah I make it a point now to use the cable that the phone came with. Same thing happened with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus I couldn't get the phone to connect to the pc until my wife said, "Is that the cable the phone came with? You should use the cable the phone came with." I was thinking, oh hell no, that shouldn't be an issue. So when I did use the cable the effin phone hooked up quick style. So remember guys, listen to your wife. Lol;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ichibanjay

Jul 23, 2008
Go to Samsung's website and download the USB drivers for the Note 2. Oh hey, look at that, I linked it below for you:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I605MSAVZW

Under Manuals/Downloads --> Click Software

After you install the drivers, connect your Note using your USB cable. If your Note doesn't show up on the computer as a removable hard drive, open up your Note with the USB cable still plugged in --> pull down your notifications bar --> select the USB "Connected as an Installer" option --> Check "Media device (MTP) option

Hope that helps.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Go to Samsung's website and download the USB drivers for the Note 2. Oh hey, look at that, I linked it below for you:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I605MSAVZW

Under Manuals/Downloads --> Click Software

After you install the drivers, connect your Note using your USB cable. If your Note doesn't show up on the computer as a removable hard drive, open up your Note with the USB cable still plugged in --> pull down your notifications bar --> select the USB "Connected as an Installer" option --> Check "Media device (MTP) option

Hope that helps.

This is all I have ever done. Used those exact drivers on multiple computers, two at work and one at home. Works fine no matter what cable I use. In fact I have never used the factory cable.

billku

Jun 9, 2011
I don't have to use the cable it came with, which is lucky since I bought it used without the cable.

bendystrawboy

Aug 15, 2010
ive never had any issue using any usb cable, I kinda find it hard to believe. My notes cable hasnt left its charger by my bed since It, I use an htc cable on my laptop, a old moto one on my xbmc box, and another random cable on my ps3.

seems kinda odd.

Jul 20, 2008
Still pretty upset with Samsung

OK Guys, I apologize if i hurt some feelings out there, but come on!... don't you think that for a flagship phone Samsung should make it easier for users ... by the way I tried the cable and it finally did all the drivers installs, but i still cant plug and play (it only hooks up as camera), now it tells me that i have a """"HARDWARE ID MISSING""""" after researching , I un-instal the newest driver , installed an old version 1.4 , 1.5 , etc, etc and STILL" no luck , I check on the USB connection as media device and it goes back to camera ... any new advice.... :p:p:p

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
OK Guys, I apologize if i hurt some feelings out there, but come on!... don't you think that for a flagship phone Samsung should make it easier for users ... by the way I tried the cable and it finally did all the drivers installs, but i still cant plug and play (it only hooks up as camera), now it tells me that i have a """"HARDWARE ID MISSING""""" after researching , I un-instal the newest driver , installed an old version 1.4 , 1.5 , etc, etc and STILL" no luck , I check on the USB connection as media device and it goes back to camera ... any new advice.... :p:p:p

Dude I think this is user error. My wife is so computer illiterate and she still has no problems using her phone. By the way this is even her first smartphone. For the record both mine and hers we just plug in and started browsing the files. It was just plug and play.

For your problem, what os is your computer and I don't see it mentioned but are you stock still?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nunyazz

Oct 7, 2010
BTR
Cantyoudoanythingnright_zps4c699dd5.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Horrible thread title.

i wanted to step back in and add a couple comments...

first off, if you want to be taken seriously change the thread title...you sound like the 9yr old kid that didnt get eveything he wanted for christmas.

Second, my apologies for being rude in my previous post. normally not my style to step in a thread and be a smart ass. but lets be serious, your first post sounds childish as hell.

next time maybe start your thread "having trouble transfering files via mtp please help"

this alone would of yielded much more positive responses.

again my apologies, i dont logon here to be a **** to people, but for some reason i was highly annoyed by your intial post. hope you get everything sorted out.
    First of all I am 10 years old not 9..... lol... j/k... but let me ask you this, would you have reply with that title... I don't think so and I wanted some answers from people they knew what they were talking about .And it worked...

A+ **** move. Remind me to never help you.
    All I needed was the cable, my PC installed the driver automatically.

I will never understand why people immediately jump to "my NEW phone can't do this" before first finding out if they're doing something incorrectly.
    First of all I am 10 years old not 9..... lol... j/k... but let me ask you this, would you have reply with that title... I don't think so and I wanted some answers from people they knew what they were talking about .And it worked.... So tonight I'm flashing my phone again with a different Rom and we'll see what happens I will keep you guys posted once again thank you all for the help... I was getting frustrated reading On how the note 2 was having issues connecting as media device.. Anyways I will get back to you guys...

Let us know. I'll say though the droistyle spends a lot of time here just helping people. So he would have responded. There's also several people with knowledge that just spend time helping people out. ... Just don't ask the unauthorized software how fix question (I hate that question)

By the way I would suggest to uninstall your drivers again and start fresh