[Q] Please help, as Need to know about different NFC logo on my htc one

Search This thread

shantusingh

Mar 15, 2009
New Delhi, IN
I just today purchased sealed pack New UK's factory unlocked Vodafone htc one (not rooted or bootloader unlocked) , everything seems awesome with the phone . Got all the updates till 4.3 via ota . But the nfc logo is different on my htc one . As on other htc one's like on youtube and screenshots in some posts here I am seing "N" showing up in stylish font . But on my htc one it shows like (((NFC))) This kind of nfc written . So it this a defect ? Or this will be corrected in the upcoming update of 4.4 ?? Or what?!

Please would highly appreciate a soon reply and help on this!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
But on my htc one it shows like (((NFC))) This kind of nfc written . So it this a defect ? Or this will be corrected in the upcoming update of 4.4 ?? Or what?!

I highly doubt the different NFC icon you have is a defect! :laugh:

Probably just customized by vodafone.

You can change or hide the NFC icon using the xposed framework which require root

Or turn off NFC to get rid of the icon.

shantusingh

Mar 15, 2009
New Delhi, IN
I just today purchased sealed pack New UK's factory unlocked Vodafone htc one (not rooted or bootloader unlocked) , everything seems awesome with the phone . Got all the updates till 4.3 via ota . But the nfc logo is different on my htc one . As on other htc one's like on youtube and screenshots in some posts here I am seing "N" showing up in stylish font . But on my htc one it shows like (((NFC))) This kind of nfc written . So it this a defect ? Or this will be corrected in the upcoming update of 4.4 ?? Or what?!

Please would highly appreciate a soon reply and help on this!

Ya I already know about turning off n on, just was doubting on the changed look of the NFC icon . Thanks if its real that it would be customized by Vodafone .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app