Accessories (for the 10.1)!

Search This thread

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
So the "media-dock" only sits in portrait mode (according to the photo)? Not very good for watching videos.

I have no idea what the photo is like that. It can only be used in landscape mode because that is where the dock port is. So I don't know why the picture shows it in portrait position.

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
new? i thought i saw these on the site a while ago. but yea, it is showing the same for the keyboard dock which is suffering the same terrible marketing picture issue as the media dock.

BBruin66

Jun 29, 2009
Maine
I was wondering about the dock photos too. Thinking of getting the tab, but a potrait stand is really something that would make me prefer the xoom. However if the dock fits in landscape and cradles it, it's an improvement over the xoom's two that are held mostly by the connector.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

Roadk1ng

Aug 11, 2010
Valrico, FL
I have no idea what the photo is like that. It can only be used in landscape mode because that is where the dock port is. So I don't know why the picture shows it in portrait position.

I just got one at Best Buy.

IMAG0239.jpg
[/IMG]

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Jesus.

You guys, I have the media dock and it only works in landscape mode because that's where the connection is. That's just a bad photo shop job showing the 7' inch tab style dock.
Sorry, I'm MisterEdF and not Jesus (although I wish I were). ;)

As I stated in my previous message I realized that my hypothesis was kind of dumb after thinking about it but despite that you'd think they'd get their pictures right because a lot of people may not realize about the dock connector (or maybe think it had 2).

With Love,
Jesus
Ed

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
One thing that makes me jealous about Apple (iPad) is the vast amount of accessories for it you can buy ANYWHERE from the 5&10 cent store to Brookstone. I was in the Mall earlier and 1/2 of Brookstone's products were iPad accessories. Some junk and some great. Just about every store selling technology products (and even Walgreens, CVS etc) sells i* stuff/ You will never ever see such a thing for ANY other manufacturer's product. It's amazing how much stuff is out there for the iPad and anything else starting with an "i". Whether you love 'em or hate 'em you have to give credit where credit is due. They sure did build up quite a following.

vansmack

Jul 16, 2009
San Francisco
Sorry, I'm MisterEdF and not Jesus (although I wish I were). ;)

Sorry - wasn't directed at you. More at Samsung for the moronic pictures showing an impossibility that would turn people off their products. (Though I do think folks should have realized on their own that there is no connection on their tab that would allow for portrait mode docking).

The base is the same as the 7" model with a larger overlay that goes over the connector part. I verified this at a Verizon store the other day. No word on if you can just buy the plastic overlay, though I'd be shocked if they weren't available from Hong Kong via eBay in the next two weeks.