[ROM] ICS - Firmware 4.04(4.03) - ROOT & BUSYBOX - ONLY FOR SDE

Search This thread

Telyx

Aug 31, 2009
Garden City, MI
Success, and thank you, surdu_petru! Just one minor heart-stopping moment... bootloop after removing the Android kernel. I don't recall trying to reboot after that step, but evidently the device thought I did. I got back to the recovery menu and finished properly, and all is well.

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Success, and thank you, surdu_petru! Just one minor heart-stopping moment... bootloop after removing the Android kernel. I don't recall trying to reboot after that step, but evidently the device thought I did. I got back to the recovery menu and finished properly, and all is well.

boot loop is never a deal, as long as you can always get back into recovery :p

JayVee

Aug 18, 2005
NRW
@surdu_petru

Will you also release a rooted version of the test ROM which is flying around here or is it not worth it until it's final?

Thanks!

filnirv

Mar 10, 2012
hi my friend

how to reinstall de rooted version
i follow all the steps but no way to reinstall the ics rooted version

thanks for your great job
Filnirv

Reactions: surdu_petru

theguy

Dec 11, 2006
Can someone download multitouch visualizer from the market and see if they have weird behaviour when using two finger touching and not touching?

Regards

EDIT:

I can confirm this bug affects ICS builds after testing on honeycomb.

When playing a game or using two finger input, when holding one finger down and tapping with a second finger after several taps of the second finger the first finger is no longer detected.

A good way of seeing this is on GTA 3, hold the accelerator button down while tapping to steer and after a few taps to steer the accelerator touch button stops responding until you take your finger off and press again.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Update initramfs !

Hi !

I managed to solve the problem with no brightness control or no bootanimation ! Now all wark like original Archos ICS ! Please take a look in my second post ...NEW UPDATE 21/03/2012 ! Good Luck ! :D

Reactions: Shano56

pbarbosa

Dec 9, 2009
Hi !

I managed to solve the problem with no brightness control or no bootanimation ! Now all wark like original Archos ICS ! Please take a look in my second post ...NEW UPDATE 21/03/2012 ! Good Luck ! :D

it works...i'm using deodexed version so had to use this initframs and the zimage from the deodexed rom

by the way...i´ve tested the new supercharger today and it worked fine...i hade to modify my services.jar

my tab is more fluid right now

thanks a lot for your work

4carlos

Jun 28, 2009
New update 21/03/2012

Hi !

perfect ;)

seems much better now.

archos logo on start -> ok
selfmade bootanimation-> ok
brightness control -> ok

thanks!!

(using deodexed version)

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

it works...i'm using deodexed version so had to use this initframs and the zimage from the deodexed rom

by the way...i´ve tested the new supercharger today and it worked fine...i hade to modify my services.jar

my tab is more fluid right now

thanks a lot for your work

hi,

can you explain how to use the supercharger? which version is successfull tested with ics? seems, quinny899's description is for honeycomb.

thanks in advance

pbarbosa

Dec 9, 2009
perfect ;)

seems much better now.

archos logo on start -> ok
selfmade bootanimation-> ok
brightness control -> ok

thanks!!

(using deodexed version)

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

hi,

can you explain how to use the supercharger? which version is successfull tested with ics? seems, quinny899's description is for honeycomb.

thanks in advance

read this http://www.xda-developers.com/android/supercharger-v6-now-ics-compatible/

you have to modify your service.jar and run the supercharger from the that thread (version U9RC7)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

This is the original version ICS 4.0.4 (4.0.3) - untouched , with Root and Busybox !

For all those who want original ICS , but with root access , now they can download the root version .

Contains the original Archos ICS system, and added : Su, Superuser and Busybox

These are the files you need to install root version :

- archos.ext4.update under archive ICS.update.zip => http://hotfile.com/dl/149252596/a4d2a34/ICS.update.zip.html

- zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo under archive drive.zip => http://hotfile.com/dl/149250435/75b0cdb/drive.zip.html
    - zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo under archive drive.zip => http://www.4shared.com/zip/3bpGVg5z/drive_2.html

Installation :

- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /data/media ; /mnt/storage )
    - reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
    - ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !

You can not installed over your existing system ( Honeycomb) because initramfs changed ! First, must install the original ICS (firmware_archos_it4.aos) , and then you can install root version .

This Root version works on all tablets gen9, is stable and can be used as a daily ROM !

( For not to expect too much between the two download ....now you have the option to download drive.zip )
    Ok, now we await the release overclocking enabled :D

Hi!

Because I'm going to do a true Custom Rom - I think it will take some time !
    ...but I'll work even a week ....for release a real CR !

Work has already started for the new project . :rolleyes:
    I was having issues at first as well, so i did not remove the stock kernel yet - just to make sure everything was ok.

First, i already had the stock 4.0.4 update and root using Paul's method

second, I did had to re-install my adb usb driver from the android sdk, after the update it did't work anymore (adb devices returned nothing)

after that was fixed - i did adb push archos.ext4.update /data/media/ and waited for file copy

rebooted into the recovery system ->developer edition menu - and copied and flashed zimage and initramfs.cpio.lzo - and then let the device boot into the stock kernel.

i rebooted again into the sde, chose developer edition and got a black screen, for some time. i put the tablet down and waited (not sure if its important, but mu usb cable is left plugged in the entire time) the update then started in the developer edition. i let it run and configure - success.

Thanks surdu_petru, you are once again, the man.
    RESERVED**********

NEW UPDATE 21/03/2012 : Now we have Archos Logo on boot, Enable Bootanimation & Brightness control= > https://hotfile.com/dl/149989038/2a574d8/initramfs.cpio.lzo.7z.html

I apologize for the inconvenience !!! Was a simple mistake into initramfs !
    Good luck !
    Update initramfs !

Hi !