Unable to start the camera.

Search This thread

Icyman

Apr 17, 2010
Richmond
After replacing my cracked display on my DNA, I'm now getting this error.
I know it's hardware related but I don't know exactly where to look to find either a loose connection or which part to replace.
Has anyone successfully corrected this hardware issue or had this problem after a screen replacement?

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
After replacing my cracked display on my DNA, I'm now getting this error.
I know it's hardw a r e related but I don't know exactly where to look to find either a loose connection or which part to replace.
Has anyone successfully corrected this hardware issue or had this problem after a screen replacement?

One of the motherboard flex cables ( the cable coming from the top assembly where the camera and power button are, attaches to each side of the main board) are not seated properly
Remove the screws and reseat them.

Icyman

Apr 17, 2010
Richmond
One of the motherboard flex cables ( the cable coming from the top assembly where the camera and power button are, attaches to each side of the main board) are not seated properly
Remove the screws and reseat them.

That's what I was thinking. Do you think it is the ribbon on the same side as the front facing camera?

deshwani

Dec 21, 2013
I pressed a little harder and the ribbon clicked into place. all good now.

hi,

can you exactly confirm from where i can press the same? i have the 100% same issue as you faced, i replaced my cracked display all okay except camera its giving error "unable to start the camera".
can you show me some guide or picture from where i can press it after open the handset?
i will really appreciate your cooperation.

Baron Von Marlon

Apr 26, 2016
hi,

can you exactly confirm from where i can press the same? i have the 100% same issue as you faced, i replaced my cracked display all okay except camera its giving error "unable to start the camera".
can you show me some guide or picture from where i can press it after open the handset?
i will really appreciate your cooperation.

I had taken mobo out to replace battery and afterwards camera was giving me same error message. I think it was the long black wire or one of the whiteboards on that side. I didn't have to take the motherboard out again just unscrewed one black tapelike connector, flipped the whiteboards (1 big 1 small), disconnected the long black wire and reseatted them all and it works now! I'm not sure which one did it but they were all on the volume rocker side of the phone.