Bricked i9506 after flashing i9505 TWRP (SOLVED)

Search This thread

jerronchua55

Nov 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I got my S4 back from the service center today and wanted to re-root the device, however to my surprise my i9505 was apparently upgraded to a i9506 (probably changed the motherboard) at the service center. I didn't have prior knowledge or warning regarding this, as such I assumed the phone was still a i9505 and flashed TWRP for i9505 through ODIN on my i9506 instead and now my phone is stuck on the bootloader screen with the error :"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I'm not really certain what I should do to fix it, i suppose this is a soft brick and should be possible to recover? What should I do to get it fixed? Reflash the stock i9506 firmware through ODIN?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrElvisKc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it fixed thanks :)
    Hi guys,

I got my S4 back from the service center today and wanted to re-root the device, however to my surprise my i9505 was apparently upgraded to a i9506 (probably changed the motherboard) at the service center. I didn't have prior knowledge or warning regarding this, as such I assumed the phone was still a i9505 and flashed TWRP for i9505 through ODIN on my i9506 instead and now my phone is stuck on the bootloader screen with the error :"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I'm not really certain what I should do to fix it, i suppose this is a soft brick and should be possible to recover? What should I do to get it fixed? Reflash the stock i9506 firmware through ODIN?
    Yes, just re flash the stock one

Enviado do meu GT-I9506 através de Tapatalk