[Source Code Posted] Nokia App Updates by HERG-A-FIED

Search This thread

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Everywhere a htc phone is located
Microsoft has denied my app from being published yet there are other apps like mine still in the store. I have asked what I did wrong and all I get is a snob response of:

Hello Robert,

The app was removed because it allows users to install apps on their device that bypass security measures on the Windows Phone Store. The app will not be restored, so you may not submit updates. This is our final communication regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Windows Phone Store Team

So instead of trying to fight Microsoft I am posting my SOURCE CODE and I am jumping from Windows Phone Development and moving to Android. Yes I was a Windows Fan but now I am finished forever with Microsoft.

My source code if you want to use it is found here on my skydrive - http://sdrv.ms/16hCWRz

Attachments

• 91c4d34e-7765-4190-907e-638e9c638e8f.jpg
    91c4d34e-7765-4190-907e-638e9c638e8f.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 906
  • 54129a65-26e3-4260-b9f9-37660408763b.jpg
    54129a65-26e3-4260-b9f9-37660408763b.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 674
  • 1551b382-b395-443b-a4a6-49879d3779cb.jpg
    1551b382-b395-443b-a4a6-49879d3779cb.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 557
  • c71e0603-eb27-48c6-b814-e51972e97a18.jpg
    c71e0603-eb27-48c6-b814-e51972e97a18.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Version 2 Submitted for Cetification

I have submitted V2 update on both apps (NOKIA APP UPDATES & SAMSUNG APP UPDATES)

Samsung V2 change log is:

Update 2.0.1.0

In light theme the background was not displayed correctly. This update fixes that issue.

In Nokia V2 change log is:

Update 2.0.0.0

I would like to thank my friend RAM for helping me with this upgrade.

Redesigned app from the App Studio Beta into C# Language.

When you click on link IE will not open, instead it goes directly to the store download.

Added AppBar at the bottom.

In AppBar, rate link goes directly to the rate app review, now able to share link, added e-mail link direct to me if any issues or letting me know about an app that needs adding, link to my other apps for download.

Again these versions have just been submitted and both are in the certification stage. It will take a bit before the new version will show up so please be patient with me.

Thanks HERG62123 :fingers-crossed:

The pictures below are from V2 which is being certified.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130816_0011.jpg
    wp_ss_20130816_0011.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 174
  • wp_ss_20130906_0013.jpg
    wp_ss_20130906_0013.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 173
  • wp_ss_20130908_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130908_0001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: rod555

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Ok I have updated both apps and are in the process of being certified.

As of right now V2 is up and posted but in the up coming V2.0.1.0 the changes are as follows:

Nokia App Updates V2.0.1.0 - added Connectivity Pro+ and Unit Converter Pro+

Samsung App Updates V2.0.1.0 - In the light theme background was not set correctly so this update fixes that issue.

davitdavtyan@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012
Ashkelon
I am using it in my nokia 920 and it has scrolling issue. means it does not scroll at all. instead it opens the app that i do not want to when trying to scroll. so actually instead of scrolling up or down it pushes the spot where i want to scroll up or down and the app that is in there opens.

Last edited:

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
I am using it in my nokia 920 and it has scrolling issue. means it does not scroll at all. instead it opens the app that i do not want to when trying to scroll. so actually instead of scrolling up or down it pushes the spot where i want to scroll up or down and the app that is in there opens.

Microsoft pulled my app - here is their response to me

"The app was removed because it allows users to install apps on their device that bypass security measures on the Windows Phone Store. The app will not be restored, so you may not submit updates. This is our final communication regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Windows Phone Store Team"

As you can see Microsoft has no bed side manners.

davitdavtyan@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012
Ashkelon
Microsoft pulled my app - here is their response to me

"The app was removed because it allows users to install apps on their device that bypass security measures on the Windows Phone Store. The app will not be restored, so you may not submit updates. This is our final communication regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Windows Phone Store Team"

As you can see Microsoft has no bed side manners.
I think about security issues for Windows phone is too much.
1. I cannot use any other keyboard directly writing in SMS or anything. I have to copy paste.
2. Call recorder is not supported as well in WP 8 as this is also security issue.
3. What else is security issue I wonder ?
4. No video transfer in Viber. I think at least this should not be security issue.

Everything is security issue in WP 8. Why Microsoft does not think that people will abandon the OS ? there are too much security issues, I did not know about it before buying my Nokia Lumia 920 developer edition. To tell the truth i keep my phone because it is Nokia not because of OS at all but soon most likely my WP will be second device and I will go back to Android and buy HTC again, great UI and fast and now they update more frequantely.

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Microsoft has denied my app from being published yet there are other apps like mine still in the store. I have asked what I did wrong and all I get is a snob response of:

Hello Robert,

The app was removed because it allows users to install apps on their device that bypass security measures on the Windows Phone Store. The app will not be restored, so you may not submit updates. This is our final communication regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Windows Phone Store Team

So instead of trying to fight Microsoft I am posting my SOURCE CODE and I am jumping from Windows Phone Development and moving to Android. Yes I was a Windows Fan but now I am finished forever with Microsoft.

SOURCE CODE POSTED IN POST #1

Reactions: liqn7

davitdavtyan@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012
Ashkelon

But they say Windows phone is the future how come you go to Android ? Also if windows phone has security measures, what is that security measures that you do not want to except before you app is published ? I hear about WP lot of things related to security, this is very strange for me. Even phone call recorder is security related, then keyboard app other than Microsoft to type directly in the SMS is not implemented too. And many other that keep developer away somehow. How come ? GDR 3 is coming soon and maybe some changes will be there with their policy too ?

MajorGlory

Nov 12, 2005
Singapore
But they say Windows phone is the future how come you go to Android ? Also if windows phone has security measures, what is that security measures that you do not want to except before you app is published ? I hear about WP lot of things related to security, this is very strange for me. Even phone call recorder is security related, then keyboard app other than Microsoft to type directly in the SMS is not implemented too. And many other that keep developer away somehow. How come ? GDR 3 is coming soon and maybe some changes will be there with their policy too ?

If you look at the swype keyboard for android it actually stores what you type and sends info back to the manufacturer.
A third party KBD on the phone would mean that KBD app could harvest your passwords and send them on to a destination of choice.
Similar issues exist with the call recorder. Who should have access to those recordings? You? Google? Rovio? NSA?

So yes, your app got booted because you don't grok the security implications of what you're trying to do, and in stead of trying to understand why you just blame the OS.
Please, go develop for Android, and I hope you make tons of money in the process. Just quit being a whining little girl about it.

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
Microsoft has denied my app from being published yet there are other apps like mine still in the store. I have asked what I did wrong and all I get is a snob response.
So instead of trying to fight Microsoft, I am posting my SOURCE CODE and I am jumping from Windows Phone Development and moving to Android.
My source code, if you want to use it, is found here on my skydrive - http://sdrv.ms/16hCWRz
Hey, the source of your app has disappeared. Can you put it back up? I could really use it for my next version of my app for carrier apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello Robert,

Thank you,
    Windows Phone Store Team

My source code if you want to use it is found here on my skydrive - http://sdrv.ms/16hCWRz

If you look at the swype keyboard for android it actually stores what you type and sends info back to the manufacturer.
    A third party KBD on the phone would mean that KBD app could harvest your passwords and send them on to a destination of choice.
    Similar issues exist with the call recorder. Who should have access to those recordings? You? Google? Rovio? NSA?

So yes, your app got booted because you don't grok the security implications of what you're trying to do, and in stead of trying to understand why you just blame the OS.
    Please, go develop for Android, and I hope you make tons of money in the process. Just quit being a whining little girl about it.
    Version 2 Submitted for Cetification

I have submitted V2 update on both apps (NOKIA APP UPDATES & SAMSUNG APP UPDATES)

Samsung V2 change log is:

Update 2.0.1.0

In light theme the background was not displayed correctly. This update fixes that issue.

In Nokia V2 change log is:

Update 2.0.0.0

I would like to thank my friend RAM for helping me with this upgrade.

Redesigned app from the App Studio Beta into C# Language.

When you click on link IE will not open, instead it goes directly to the store download.

Added AppBar at the bottom.

In AppBar, rate link goes directly to the rate app review, now able to share link, added e-mail link direct to me if any issues or letting me know about an app that needs adding, link to my other apps for download.

Again these versions have just been submitted and both are in the certification stage. It will take a bit before the new version will show up so please be patient with me.

Thanks HERG62123 :fingers-crossed:

The pictures below are from V2 which is being certified.

Hello Robert,

Thank you,
    Windows Phone Store Team