Anyone experience problems with MTP enabled music players?

Search This thread

Newbieshwa

Oct 16, 2011
Auckland
Just wondering if anyone has managed to succefully use an MTP enabled music device (such as a car head unit or stereo) with an HTC one?

I have a car head unit that works fine with a $50 Android 4.0 alcatel phone but doesn't seem to work with my Android 4.3 HTC One.

Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda app-developers app

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
Just wondering if anyone has managed to succefully use an MTP enabled music device (such as a car head unit or stereo) with an HTC one?

I have a car head unit that works fine with a $50 Android 4.0 alcatel phone but doesn't seem to work with my Android 4.3 HTC One.

Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe there are any cars which support MTP for now. UMS is only supported in most cases and you need a car from sometime this year which by a small tiny chance will support UMS. The alcatel phone has an ext SD card, am i wrong? That allows for UMS. Sorry man but if you want an MTP player in your car, ya gotta refit the audio or get a new car. BTW here is a LINK to one of those players. Hit me up with a thanks if i helped. PM me if you have more questions :D

Newbieshwa

Oct 16, 2011
Auckland
I don't believe there are any cars which support MTP for now. UMS is only supported in most cases and you need a car from sometime this year which by a small tiny chance will support UMS. The alcatel phone has an ext SD card, am i wrong? That allows for UMS. Sorry man but if you want an MTP player in your car, ya gotta refit the audio or get a new car. BTW here is a LINK to one of those players. Hit me up with a thanks if i helped. PM me if you have more questions :D

I installed a new headunit. It specifically states Android compatible (must be android 4.0+ with MTP). This is what the headunit states....So I think it is compatible. It also seems to work with a friend's Galaxy SIII, it just doesn't like my HTC.

But thank you for trying to help.

Reactions: Bllooi

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
I installed a new headunit. It specifically states Android compatible (must be android 4.0+ with MTP). This is what the headunit states....So I think it is compatible. It also seems to work with a friend's Galaxy SIII, it just doesn't like my HTC.

Hmmm. It works with my HTC One and S4

Idk if it's the same tho

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
So I have that exact same unit!

When I plug in my HTC One it gives "USB error 19".
Any Ideas?

Never seen that error before ._. Sorry man. Just googled it and seems people are having problems with the pioneer and having the exact same error. Maybe pioneer has a for that you can discuss this abt?

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
So this is my unit: http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront4/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=1349&CatId=,2,33

It says under specifications "requires CD-MU200 (for Android)." Any idea what that is?

Ohhh, you need the cable man. I think it's sold separately for you I got mine with the unit. If it's with the unit just use it. Here's a link

[URL="http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=1663018&pid=1219059089480"clickhere[/URL]

If I helped hit me up with a thanks. Cable is $30 tho if you don't have it that sucks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.