[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fsunoles157

Mar 31, 2011
Philadelphia
www.coreylees.com
So you can't restore either? It says error on boot image?

I dont get it from either rom manager reboot recovery or from using quickboot but when i load into recovery via power on then tap volume down and load recovery i get the error? Must be the way clockwork loads with something like rom manager or quickboot vise power?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
I installed the one on the market. So it would be koushs

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
It must have to do then with the message Koush sent to BRD saying he needs to change the way the sd cards are mounted with his latest kernel. IIRC, it was said the internal sd card needs to be mounted as mmc something or other and sdcard2 needs to be sd card. I think BRD is working on this for the next kernel release.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
exactly right, it will evolve into a more user friendly app in the future. I would not worry about it right now just do not rely on the nandoid back ups for right now and wait for a more solid fix to come out.

It must have to do then with the message Koush sent to BRD saying he needs to change the way the sd cards are mounted with his latest kernel. IIRC, it was said the internal sd card needs to be mounted as mmc something or other and sdcard2 needs to be sd card. I think BRD is working on this for the next kernel release.

skoone68

Feb 15, 2010
I get it either way ie via power on and then vol down or booting into CWM via Rom Manager. Did you install the BRD CWM file posted here or did you install Koush's version via Rom Manager?

I installed both. first, I updated Koush's CWM that I already had installed from a while back, and then about an hour ago I installed BRD's recovery.img file.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
mine says
mount
mount
unmount

if that helps and i only get the error when loading from power not rom manager or quickboot
I have
- mount /sdcard
- mount /system
- mount /cache
- mount /data

I installed both. first, I updated Koush's CWM that I already had installed from a while back, and then about an hour ago I installed BRD's recovery.img file.
Ok, I only installed the BRD version. I installed Rom Manager but didn't update Recovery.

skoone68

Feb 15, 2010
Does it really matter which one I got?

I may be wrong on this, but if you want to enter recovery from initial power up (ie, from the red M logo then push the vol down button) then you need BRD's recovery.img. And then of course, if you want to boot into recovery from the operating system, use CWM and/or Quickboot. My guess is that it would be smart to have both :)

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
LOL i do not think you can have two recovery.img files loaded one will overwrite the other. Just an interface issue with clockwork and your sd card right now it will be fixed i am sure. The BDR and rom manager should be essentially the same recovery.img?

I may be wrong on this, but if you want to enter recovery from initial power up (ie, from the red M logo then push the vol down button) then you need BRD's recovery.img. And then of course, if you want to boot into recovery from the operating system, use CWM and/or Quickboot. My guess is that it would be smart to have both :)

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009

I only have the one and I can still boot to CWM via Rom Manager
and your still getting the same cache error mounting when you power on and boot into recovery?
I get this error: (from Rom Manager and from boot up)
E:Can't open /dev/block/mmcblk1p3
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

stiffspliff

Jan 16, 2011
been experimenting since last night, w/ music and movies on my sdcard, nandroids are only ~350mb. after factory reset, rebooted to make sure everything was gone except sdcard content, and restored nandroid back to original state w/ widgets, homescreen, etc. in tact.
happy customer as always, brd :)

fsunoles157

Mar 31, 2011
Philadelphia
www.coreylees.com
How did you restore? It keeps telling me. Error deleting boot image

been experimenting since last night, w/ music and movies on my sdcard, nandroids are only ~350mb. after factory reset, rebooted to make sure everything was gone except sdcard content, and restored nandroid back to original state w/ widgets, homescreen, etc. in tact.
happy customer as always, brd :)

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery

This is ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 for the Motorola Xoom. It is build from Koush's latest source found in the CyanogenMod repo. It is compatible with all known models. At this time, DO NOT MAKE ANY NANDROID BACKUPS OR RESTORE AT THIS TIME. Just use recovery to flash kernels and zips. Reason being, you will end up with a super massive data.img likely larger than your fat32 sdcard can store. Fat32 has a maximum file size of 4GB. I am working on a viable backup solution.

Credits:
    • Of course Koush! Who else could build a recovery that works on every device on the planet!
    • JesusFreke, Modaco, Cyanogen, Toastcfh, Shinzul. You guys are the Android Pioneers! Without you, we would all be bound and shackled by the corporate tyrants that make hardware and provide to us "service". Because of you, we are free. Thanks
    • kcrudup, onicrom, MADindustries, cybertronicz for helping me bounce thoughts around.
    • Tiamat fans, donors, and moral supporters: Thanks a ton!

NOTICE: Nandroid works exactly as it should. That means if you have 20GB of media in your internal storage, you will end up with a massive 20GB data.img on your SD Card. At the moment, there is nothing that can be done about this. Also, Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM AND DOES NOT WIPE ANYTHING.

Installation Instructions

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Download

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8

MD5SUM: 9c851890ca04232cf95d0f224f752975
    well, it looks like we are having issues with the boot partition. I am looking into this. In the meantime, used advanced restore and restore system and data manually. Use quickboot to easily access recovery from the Xoom. I am close to having a solid updater script so we can start flashing kernels, mods, and other stuff from recovery. Soon, no more of this fastboot crap!
    About a day or so ago, I stated the following in another thread...

bigrushdog said:
    The recovery will be up shortly. In the mean time, i recommend you back up your /data/media folder to your computer. The way things have turned out. Android will have to treat your external sd card as the real sd card. In other words, android will no longer use your internal memory for things like camera. your internal memory will just be storage space. But, isn't this the way it's supposed to be? Also, this should enable Mass Storage. You will also have to flash a new updated kernel which will also be up soon.

I think this statement was probably premature. Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM. Recovery is completely separate. In the not-to-distant future, we should have a mod that will allow your Xoom to treat sd card as the system sd card. In other words, when you take a picture, it will go on the sd card. Also, apps will automatically store data to the sdcard. However, this future mod will have nothing to do with recovery.
    Is there a newer kernel needed for this? I remember you saying something about that but i still see the same kernel from 4/14 1.3.1?

No, you don't. Recovery is completely separate from the rest of the system. But a new kernel is in the pipeline. And its wicked.
    Yes. The clockworkmod recovery requires a sdcard to operate.