please please please Give The answer that solve this problem

mirchichamu

Nov 14, 2007
Please Help Me
My sgs2 cannot read the sim and it always in airplan mode
Imei : unknown
BaseBand: Unknown
please please please Give The answer that solve this problem

insert the sim properly with the golden plates down and the cut end outward. Then go to settings>>>wireless>>> untick the flight mode.

LiFE1688

May 7, 2010
Try reflashing back with the original stock rom.

It looks to me the baseband is not installed properly, and therefore unable to access IMEI, without a working baseband, you are unable to access the phone portion.

It could also be that the nv_data.bin file is damaged due to a bad sim unlock hack. If that is so, you will have to rebuild that file.

Again, try reflashing back to original stock rom, before trying to rebuild the nv_data.bin.

AnttiV

Apr 23, 2009
Pori
(Sorry to resurrect old-ish topic, but I think it's better to continue here than to make a new one.)

Same problem here, except the only custom thing I've ever run on this phone, is apps from market. I'm running SPB Shell 3D (legal version, but not through Android Market but the other thing SPB was selling their programs through... Handango? Not that it matters.)

The phone has been running ALMOST perfectly since day one. I can only remember two occasions that the phone was in "no reception" mode (the O with slash through it) and toggling Flight Mode on and then off fixed it both times before.

However, yesterday I noticed the icon again, thought nothing of it and switched Flight Mode on. It never went back on again. Googling the problem I bumped into the imei/baseband thing and sure as not, when checking my phone's data there is "unknown" in the baseband version and IMEI is empty.

Trying to enter Mobile Networks settings results in "insert sim" notification.

The phone is (OS-wise) completely stock, I think the only thing I have ever done to it since then was to update it to 2.3.5 via KIES when it became available.

Phone is unbranded and not simlocked and never was. The only alterations are the aforementioned SPB Shell 3D and WidgetLocker. And of course a bunch of "normal" apps, games and such.

I placed a call (which went unanswered for all it matters), then after a short while (five minutes or so) noticed the "no reception" -icon. Then all went to hell.

Tried with three different SIM cards, none work on this phone, all work on other phones. Currently SIM working in Galaxy Gio.

I plan to take the phone to repairs under warranty, I'll let you know what they say and what happens to the phone if I remember.

pandaradu

Dec 10, 2011
help!

I have the same problem. The phone is 5 weeks old. I dont know what happened afternight with it :-(

AnttiV

Apr 23, 2009
Pori
In my case, it was perhaps a bit more extreme. I sent it to the repair shop under warranty, it came back practically new. They had changes most of the innards, including the motherboard. Something had apparently shorted itself and cleared some chip. Hadn't gotten anything more specific out of them and I've even sold the phone since then and got this Galaxy Note.

Sent from my GT-N7000

DMLING

Aug 22, 2011
My SGS2 has this problem too after update to 2.3.6.. I did factory reset... I flashed it back to stock 2.3.3 firmware.. problem still cant solve.. any idea? pls help me..

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

rocky23

Dec 5, 2010
hyderabad
imei

just a precaution.....alwayz backup ur efs a tool is hell kat tool which backs up ur efs folder as image....so any prblm such as diff pcode,imei etc can b restored within sec...always save ur efs folder on pc...an certain apps like root exp etc work on rooted phones..i messed alot wiv my sgs1 an sgs2 but thanks to the developers for creating this great tools....:)

Reactions: centuriondan

centuriondan

Jun 9, 2012
Wellington
I have a similar issue with my SGS2

I ran my phone battery until it died and when I rebooted the no-network sign came up.

Now, it show's no baseband, no imei and if I dial *#1234# it shows up as Phone: Unknown
(I think it used to say GT-I9100)

I had a backup efs img and files from way back, and restored that several times along with a factory reset and tried installing different modems both original and others.

It's looking pretty bad.

Any thoughts on what else I can try to diagnose this before I send it back?

TIA, Daniel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imei

just a precaution.....alwayz backup ur efs a tool is hell kat tool which backs up ur efs folder as image....so any prblm such as diff pcode,imei etc can b restored within sec...always save ur efs folder on pc...an certain apps like root exp etc work on rooted phones..i messed alot wiv my sgs1 an sgs2 but thanks to the developers for creating this great tools....:)