[Q] Connected to WiFi network, but no internet connection [WebOS]

Search This thread

karmapuhlease

May 29, 2011
Long Island, New York
Last night, I found my TouchPad sitting under a pile of papers in my office after a few months of wondering where it was and charged it on the dock. Before this long gap of not using it, it had been working perfectly fine - internet browsing, apps, etc... and the internet definitely worked.

After turning it on, it will connect to my WiFi network without a problem, but when I go to open up a web browser page, it says: "Error: No Internet connection." I also can't get it to load stories in the USA Today app and it won't check email in the email app.

I tried enabling/disabling Airplane Mode and then reset the WiFi settings (gave it a new IP address under the WiFi Preferences menu, like this HP forum post says to do), but it still doesn't want to let me go to websites or anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Last night, I found my TouchPad sitting under a pile of papers in my office after a few months of wondering where it was and charged it on the dock. Before this long gap of not using it, it had been working perfectly fine - internet browsing, apps, etc... and the internet definitely worked.

After turning it on, it will connect to my WiFi network without a problem, but when I go to open up a web browser page, it says: "Error: No Internet connection." I also can't get it to load stories in the USA Today app and it won't check email in the email app.

I tried enabling/disabling Airplane Mode and then reset the WiFi settings (gave it a new IP address under the WiFi Preferences menu, like this HP forum post says to do), but it still doesn't want to let me go to websites or anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

As you say that you haven't used it for a while I'm wondering if you updated the root certificate.
If you didn't here are instructions on how to :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329264

Hope that this helps.

karmapuhlease

May 29, 2011
Long Island, New York
As you say that you haven't used it for a while I'm wondering if you updated the root certificate.
If you didn't here are instructions on how to :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329264

Hope that this helps.

It won't even let me go into the App Catalog to download the update, actually. When I try to, it says: "You must connect to a network to use this application." After I click "Retry," there is a brief moment where it flashes a screen asking me what country I'm in before it goes right back to the screen telling me to connect to a network.

I don't think this is an issue with my router, since all of my family's phones (a Galaxy Nexus, a Galaxy S3, and two iPhones), two laptops, and a Kindle are all using the network with no problems at all. It seems to me like it must be an internal problem with the way my Touchpad is interacting with the network.

Thanks for the suggestion though! That could be another issue I'll have to fix too (since I don't remember downloading an update to fix that problem, which I hadn't heard about before, though I think I've probably used my Touchpad at some point since July 2013).