US T-Mobile to possibly get LTE 8.4 Tab Pro with Voice

Search This thread

kable

Nov 17, 2007
Silicon Valley
Hope this is true! :good:

Yeah, you read it right. “Gigantaphablet” is for the phablets that are – quite simply – gigantic. At least that’s what they should be called. Samsung’s Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4 is one such device. And if leaks are to be believed, it could be making its way to T-Mobile. Or at the very least, released in a T-Mo friendly LTE model.

Leaked by TK Tech News, the device is shown picking up T-Mobile’s signal, and has “Voicemail”. So, it’s a phone. Remarkable.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/05/samsung-galaxy-tab-pro-8-4-gigantaphablet-shown-working-on-t-mobile/

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
So, it’s a phone. Remarkable.

Not really. Everywhere else in the world 3/4G Samsung tablets have always been voice enabled. The U.S. carriers have always stripped out the functionality on the tablets they sell. It's never really made a lot of sense actually because they'd make more money by a tablet being added to a plan as a "smartphone" to gain access to voice/MMS features. My SM-P601 on AT&T.

12183416835_ab7c587189.jpg

These 7.0 and up are original Phablets.

10357187_798024646874529_7770775117035211014_n.jpgI honestly dont understand why ppl started calling these Galaxy Note 1/2/ & 3 Phablets, cause technically the first Generation 7' Galaxy Tabs where the phablets, I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 T325/LTE and its an Unlocked phone, voice and all. Now thats a Phablet... The pic I Posted is MY PHABLET... And i LOVE IT.. :D :D :D

Yeah, you read it right. “Gigantaphablet” is for the phablets that are – quite simply – gigantic. At least that’s what they should be called. Samsung’s Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4 is one such device. And if leaks are to be believed, it could be making its way to T-Mobile. Or at the very least, released in a T-Mo friendly LTE model.

Leaked by TK Tech News, the device is shown picking up T-Mobile’s signal, and has “Voicemail”. So, it’s a phone. Remarkable.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/05/samsung-galaxy-tab-pro-8-4-gigantaphablet-shown-working-on-t-mobile/

Last edited:

efanatic

Aug 2, 2013
Hertford, NC
I have my t325 on t-mobile too. Unfortunately t-mobile here SUCKS but I need a connection to blue tooth my Verizon towered straight talk phones Internet over. So it's worth the $10 a month I pay.

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011

The lte versions of the tab pro should all work on T-Mobile with the exception that they only support hspa. I'm using a sm-t525 on T-Mobile and have made calls on it.

kable

Nov 17, 2007
Silicon Valley
The 8.4 mentioned in the first post does have US LTE bands according to the guy that originally posted about it on his blog.

Sent from my C6833_GPe using Tapatalk

flinttownbrown

Apr 30, 2013
So I called T-Mobile tech support and they claim that the frequencies listed in the specs for the "phone" would work on LTE here in the US. Sure hope they are right.

From what I can tell, the device does not support AWS band 4 (1700/2100) on LTE so I don't think it will work on their refarmed network.

I do see that it supports 1900 MHz PCS so you should be able to get H+ (non LTE "4G") in an area that's refarmed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is the only thing holding me back from buying it right now...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

efanatic

Aug 2, 2013
Hertford, NC
Yeah I went to Chesapeake VA. Which is mostly a 4G area. I only got H+ . So I take it you guys are right, this tablet doesn't work on t-mobile's 4G network

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
A voice version with US LTE bands has not been released yet.

Sent from my C6833_GPe using Tapatalk

Guess we will have to wait until if "officially" gets released by T-Mobile here in the states. I thought I read an article somewhere saying that when they did release it, it would be re-worked for 4G LTE. I just hope they truly include the voice capability or else I have no interest.

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
I was noticing 2100 MHz but not 1700/2100 is listed as supported. I'm probably going to wait for a Nexus 8 device at this point to get LTE (have a Nexus 7 and a Note 10.1(2014) in the household at the moment) but still holding onto this (or the Note S 8.4 that appears to have the same bands) as an option if we don't get a Nexus 8 LTE by the end of 2014.

Yes, what has been posted is CORRECT.

i am also running my T325 on T-Mobile, and I have a Unlimited LTE Plan with the carrier, However the Highest i have gotten on my PHABLET is H+, and on my Note 3 i get FULL LTE, so with that said these PHABLETS DO NOT have ACSESS to the LTE Band. Futher more, when i purchased the device in the US the Company that sold it to me was Honest enough to tell me that I WILL NOT be getting LTE in the US, that only over Seas receive LTE. I was upset but bought it anyway for the simple fact that I have the Note 3 and was Buying it to use it through Wifi cause i have my Note 3 set up with Unlimited Tethering without my carrier knowing a thing ( ), I also figured why Buy the Tab Wifi only when i have the option to get Voice + Wifi for a few more Bucks, Makes CENTS to me, just in case i loose or Brake my Note 3 I have a Backup with My Lovely Galaxy Tab Pro T325. Its a Win Win if you ask me, and when I do use it as a phone (With OUT a Bluetooth, or Headset) PPL be like WTF, is it really a Phone, and start asking mr 50,000 questions, so you will be surprised how many ppl would be willing to use this device as a phone, i know i can care less what ppl say, I CANTTT use them small A$$ Apple devices, just CANTTT do. Just had to throw my 2 Cents out there, Bless to Everyone, One Love..... :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: P.S Theres a GREAT Custom Rom out for our T325, Ive been running it for Bout 5 days now and its 150% better than Stock, Big Up to the Developer ---> Genius319 "YOUR the MAN..!!! Here is the link:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro...rom-pootis-rom-deodexed-zipalingined-t2853454

Last edited:

hillg001

Aug 14, 2010
The lte devices don't have the bands used in the USA for lte.
Sorry for the late zombie reply but -
Even as far back as 2 years ago, one could port international devices' radios onto U.S. devices. With that in mind, I'm kind of surprised someone hasn't been able to d o that for the international (8") Tab S & Pro models ... especially this far out into these models life spans. We've had the SM-T325 on T-Mo for over a half year, & so we're no longer hopefull LTE radios will ever find their way onto the international versions. This far out into Tab S & Pro - ATT/T-Mo have STILL shown no interest to release a true phone enabled/LTE model. Samsung really seems to be stepping on their own crank. Between KNOX - no micro SD card slots ... non-removable batteries on their newest products ... who wants these new devices? It's really lame marketing . But I do like their teeny bezel ... so hspa+ Tab pro it is
:(

Last edited:

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
Sorry for the late zombie reply but -
Even as far back as 2 years ago, one could port international devices' radios onto U.S. devices. With that in mind, I'm kind of surprised someone hasn't been able to d o that for the international (8") Tab S & Pro models ... especially this far out into these models life spans. We've had the SM-T325 on T-Mo for over a half year, & so we're no longer hopefull LTE radios will ever find their way onto the international versions. This far out into Tab S & Pro - ATT/T-Mo have STILL shown no interest to release a true phone enabled/LTE model. Samsung really seems to be stepping on their own crank. Between KNOX - no micro SD card slots ... non-removable batteries on their newest products ... who wants these new devices? It's really lame marketing . But I do like their teeny bezel ... so hspa+ Tab pro it is
:(

For my wife, it it Tab Pro on T-mobile wifi hotspot from her phone. But, only allowed 5 GB/month that way, which is enough for her.