[Q&A] [XT925][XT926][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [XT925][XT926][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [XT925][XT926][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

TOYEP

Nov 24, 2014
excuse me phil..or everyone else, may ask yours xt926 'scatter' file? if you don't mind, please generated it and post here (the generated file isn't big).
how to generate scatter:
1. plug device
2. open adb, and type:
adb shell
Code:
cat /proc/mtd
or
Code:
cat /proc/emmc
to save it into yours sd-card, type :
Code:
cat /proc/mtd > /sdcard/firmware.info
or
Code:
cat /proc/mtd > /sdcard/firmware.info
i need the file for some research
tvm:D

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
I have to admit, I'm curious. Never heard of a "scatter" file. What does this do? I understand the shell commands but not why the data is important.

EDIT: OK, I googled it. Is this a MediaTek only thing? It appears to be. The HD isn't a MediaTek SoC. Seems the scatter file is used in de-bricking devices. And there's no /proc/mtd or /proc/emmc on my HD.

Last edited:

TOYEP

Nov 24, 2014
i'm so sorry if mt question make you admit:D

but if you don't mind, would you like to try
Code:
cat /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe

and your guess was correct, it flash for mtdk. please post you result after typing above command on my thread instead of reply here. we won't blame a thread with defferent content :D
thanks