[UTIL][09 APR 09][WM6.1] SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER: precent meter & BOLD readable numbers

Search This thread

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
[UTIL][09 APR 09][WM6.1] SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER: precent meter & BOLD readable numbers

SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER

DOCTORS WARNING: THIS IS FOR WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1
GO TO THE "SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER FOR 2INDOWS MOBILE 6.5" if you alredy jumped to the new OS

feqhx5.jpg

28r34on.jpg

RELEASE DATE & WORKS

09 apr 2009 - Version 0.9
  • I've had this idea on my mind since the very first day I got my first Xperia X1. Other battery enhancements / taskbar icons sets out there are not clearly readable, battery percentages are OK for QVGA screens but too small for our WVGA devices
  • This Battery enhancer displays battery levels in 10% increments with clearly readable numbers [battery font is 300% bigger than "X" series taskbar icons or FInixNOver's orignal enhancement]
  • Absolutely simple and white; a discrete red bar appears when battery level is under 10%
  • It affects ONLY the battery icon; will not replace any other icons
  • Based on FInixNOver's great work and tutorials
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Install SDKCERTS first [REQUIRED]
  2. Copy the CAB installer to phone and click to install
NOTICES
  • Uninstallable, of course
  • Compatible with all cooked ROMs, but this set includes the original stock Sony Xperia phone canvas/SIM/PIN dialpad
  • As always, feel free to share/cook/copy/edit/modify/etc as long as authory is acknowledged, of course. I included a developers package with .REG file and .DLL on third post

Attachments

• SEX1_Batt.cab
    228.7 KB · Views: 1,752
Last edited:

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
DEVELOPERS / COOKERS / PASSER BYes / COMPULSIVE DOWNLOADERS:

Here is the DEVELOPERS PACKAGE with:

• The .DLL (phcanOverbmp.dll), signed with a private developer certificate
  • The .REG file with four registry changes to enable % battery metter:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000​

PS [hint]: The Sony Xperia phone/PIN canvas is in the bitmaps resources inside phcanOverbmp.dll, not in the icons resources

Have fun :)

Attachments

• SEX1_Batt_DevelopersPackage.zip
    235 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

rpereira

Feb 10, 2007
Panama
Thanks gtrab that worked just fine on Touch-IT 21202 wm6.5 RC1 . At first i forgot to install the SDK Certs and soft reset, tray icons changed to the ones with the rounded squares but the battery number wouldn't show, after that i installed SDK Certs and soft reset, now the battery number is showing but the icons are back to the boring square ones. Anyway to get the rounded-square ones back? :confused:

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Thanks gtrab that worked just fine on Touch-IT 21202 wm6.5 RC1 . At first i forgot to install the SDK Certs and soft reset, tray icons changed to the ones with the rounded squares but the battery number wouldn't show, after that i installed SDK Certs and soft reset, now the battery number is showing but the icons are back to the boring square ones. Anyway to get the rounded-square ones back? :confused:

Can you post screenshots ??
Better PM me in spanish 'cause I don't understand what "rounded square" icons you refer to

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
It's brilliant, please make a settings for it, such as on and off.

By the way, I successfully uninstalled it twice. What the heck do you mean absolutely uninstallable?

Keep us updated, because this is the BEST battery.

Batti was too buggy on an Xperia
Vista Gauge sucked
WisBar's bar sucked as well

Atleast this has 10 increments that don't but out. And when it charges it doesn't but as well
Too bad it doesn't work on WisBar Advance (can you implement this in for me?)

Last edited:

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
It's brilliant, please make a settings for it, such as on and off.

By the way, I successfully uninstalled it twice. What the heck do you mean absolutely uninstallable?

Keep us updated, because this is the BEST battery.

Batti was too buggy on an Xperia
Vista Gauge sucked
WisBar's bar sucked as well

Atleast this has 10 increments that don't but out. And when it charges it doesn't but as well
Too bad it doesn't work on WisBar Advance (can you implement this in for me?)

1- I remarked "uninstallable" because some users often complaint about "not being aable to uninstall this or that"...

2- I don't know what WisBar is, and I am not sure if I can port the reg settings and icons into that app

3- Glad to see you like it; I can read my battery level status from 10 feet away now :D :D :p

dancemacabre

Mar 12, 2009
Malacca
Works great with itje's Touch-IT wm6.5 rom. Save me some trouble for checking battery life due to the bug :)

Thanks for the cab!

c_legaspi

Nov 25, 2008
nice work. i like the idea. i havent installed it yet but im glad that some people were unable to install it if they wanted.

Last edited:

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
Tested on a standard R1A SFR/France, and it works ! But just a small issue with it: when installed, it has a side effect on my G/H GSM icon. The standard icon for GSM is a small G, the standard icon for HSDPA is a small 3G or 3G+ (depends on the network).
When I use SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER, the G becomes bigger, and I get no more 3G/3G+, but a H. I'd like to get them back, but whithout removing this app. Uninstalling just works fine for this icon.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Tested on a standard R1A SFR/France, and it works ! But just a small issue with it: when installed, it has a side effect on my G/H GSM icon. The standard icon for GSM is a small G, the standard icon for HSDPA is a small 3G or 3G+ (depends on the network).
When I use SEX1 BATTERY ENHANCER, the G becomes bigger, and I get no more 3G/3G+, but a H. I'd like to get them back, but whithout removing this app. Uninstalling just works fine for this icon.

I will upgrade all of the "standard" microsoft windows mobile icons to WinMo 6.5 soon