Pocket Internet Explorer update Trinity-Hermes

• Thread starter Deleted member 384713
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 384713

Hi, I'm having a HTC Hermes, and since AKU3 and WM6 ROMs the Pocket Internet Explorer have a bug. It doesn't send the User Agent String anymore.:mad: This bug causes no access to provider-multimedia-content anymore.
On Trinity-HTC-ROMs the PIE does work, but I have no Trinity.
Can somebody please help and zip or rar the 4 hidden files in Windows Directory on Trinity starting with "ie"..
The files are in ROM-Memory, so you have to unhide and select the files and say Duplicate by tap&hold in Resco Explorer.
Then you get 4 files in Windows-Dir starting with "Copy of IE..."
These files can be copied outside of Windows to a zip and posted here if anybody want to help us Hermes-Owners. :)

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
Hi, I'm having a HTC Hermes, and since AKU3 and WM6 ROMs the Pocket Internet Explorer have a bug. It doesn't send the User Agent String anymore.:mad: This bug causes no access to provider-multimedia-content anymore.
On Trinity-HTC-ROMs the PIE does work, but I have no Trinity.
Can somebody please help and zip or rar the 4 hidden files in Windows Directory on Trinity starting with "ie"..
The files are in ROM-Memory, so you have to unhide and select the files and say Duplicate by tap&hold in Resco Explorer.
Then you get 4 files in Windows-Dir starting with "Copy of IE..."
These files can be copied outside of Windows to a zip and posted here if anybody want to help us Hermes-Owners. :)

I will do it just a minute ;)

All the files start from IE is:
IECEExt.dll.0409.mui
IECEExt.dll
iexplore.exe
iexplore.lnk

I search in my dumped rom and in my ppc windows dir..
Did you whant those file's ???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384713

Thank you very much.
I replaced the files, but still not working to connect to my Provider.

i tried to change the registry settings, where the User Agent is set, and now i changed the iexplorer.
What else can it be? The Internet Explorer still sending Mozilla/4.0 as User Agent, even if deleting all Mozilla/4.0 Strings!

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Thank you very much.
I replaced the files, but still not working to connect to my Provider.

i tried to change the registry settings, where the User Agent is set, and now i changed the iexplorer.
What else can it be? The Internet Explorer still sending Mozilla/4.0 as User Agent, even if deleting all Mozilla/4.0 Strings!

that's a standard header on all User-Agent Strings... I suggest you get the regular one for IE from WM5 and port it across.